R48 Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickk

Harvester
Alliance of the round: Trans - but only the people who was in the alliance to begin with.

Honourable Mention: Discworld - Dont usually like to name my alliance in these awards, but the core of the group has been kept together through thick and thin. It has been a pleasure playing with you all, we have had some hilarious moments together for the past 2 rounds.

Player of the round: This has to be edd. Pretty much single handedly kept Mada occupied during the nights with his vamps. He only edges cyrus and deloitte though because I think he is the only solo (bar his pnap Spot) who didn't use sleep mode IIRC.

Worst Player: Sorry RS, but this goes to you. Self proclaimed "Asmo's Prodigy". Selfish player with no regards to team ethics at all.
Willy you are a close second for getting yourself killed after spending your funds when we kept you safe for 2 weeks :p

Leeroy

Head Gardener
I am going to give every award to myself as I have come back to play.
Been playing for 5 days now. Got in to mada when they was dead. It's safe to say no one actually cared anymore in there so I thought AR would be my friend

Sitting on 8k land. Logging in a few times a day and being a solo extremist player is pretty good.

LEEROY FTW!!

Oh and just because I love him and no doubt he was

Max for best leader as per usual. Shame I couldn't of been part of your alliance this round.

I miss James you and masa :(

No-Dachi

Official Helper
* Alliance of the round -
* Best Offensive Alliance - I guess DW, for forming the resistance and being aggressive against Trans.
* Best Defensive Alliance - Anyone but DW. Their defence was utter crap. They managed to defend half-arsed solo attempts from r1, but they failed on the trains, and twice they failed to defend big scale incoming. Holding off random hits does not make you a great ally.
* Honourable Mention Alliance - WW - for reforming again. I never thought that would happen :p
* Worst Alliance - DW - for bragging the **** out of the forums, and then failing completely when met with an organized hit. Not impressive at all. Close second place: Mada for failing utterly in the end.
* Best Leader - Max - he followed his aim of the round, took what oppertunities arose and made the best out of it.
* Worst Leader - Nightmare, for not listening to me when I talked about the importance of a score/acre cap.
* Player of the Round - Allied - Godsend - always around to prank, help plan, help sort defence, help with intel, and help shout at people who gets lazy.
* Player of the Round - Solo - Edd.
* Best Offensive Player - From what I've seen this goes to JamesNChina - but bear in mind that I've seen very little of the game this round.
* Best Defensive Player - Nobody comes to mind.
* Honourable Mention Player - Icyy - he sacrificed his round to do exactly what the ally needed him to be - a contactable player with a lot of funds to be used against the resistance when they came. It's a shame nobody was around to utilize him as planned, but he played a great round for our ally.
* Worst Player - Nobody comes to mind.
* Best Moment of Round - Planning the hits on DW and watching them crumble and fall apart without the slightest hint of resistance. Second in place was catching out and killing Edd when he first started being a nuisance.
* Worst Moment of Round - Signing up

Thanks for the ride, guys. I might sign up next round, but don't count on it.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
* Best Defensive Alliance - Anyone but DW. Their defence was utter crap. They managed to defend half-arsed solo attempts from r1, but they failed on the trains, and twice they failed to defend big scale incoming. Holding off random hits does not make you a great ally.

Hahahahahaha, this is hilarious. I thought better of you Dachi.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Also:

* Best Leader - Max - he followed his aim of the round, took what oppertunities arose and made the best out of it.

Why is everyone sucking up to Max? Sure, he held to his own bribing goal, but his themed alliance, as usual quickly becomes 'get guys to restart as we're getting our asses handed to us, screw the theme, let's go for score'.

What did he do as leader this round? Organise a couple of bashes on DW with Mada people and WW, which epically failed ('random hits') and follow blithely when people who actually know what they're doing like Twigley/Dachi get around to organising.

I'd criticise for kicking players to take in ex-Mada too, but that falls squarely on each of the top three alliances, so whatever.

After last round I thought there was still something in this game to be enjoyed/experienced. What makes me most bitter about it is that I'm bitter about it.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
>>>> but his themed alliance, as usual quickly becomes 'get guys to restart as we're getting our asses handed to us, screw the theme, let's go for score' <<<<

Sorry Matt this is not even remotely accurate.
I have played 4-5 rounds now under Max and went along with many crazy route themes just to have fun trying. And yes there were a lot of restarts in previous rounds. Not so many at all this round. I think only a couple. but my point is never once did Max ask or even suggest people restart... it was always people who didn't like the route they were playing and asked to restart. And Max being Max said sure whatever you want to do to enjoy the round. Even if it were true we were having our asses handed to us, which is not the case but Max has never even given a hoot about score in our ftf theme alliances.. it was all about attacking and getting the most of whatever you wanted from the game.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
I know, I know. Leave me to my angry ramblings... Isn't the first time and won't be the last time I go off on one here...

Max

Garden Designer
Why is everyone sucking up to Max? ... his themed alliance, as usual quickly becomes 'get guys to restart as we're getting our asses handed to us, screw the theme, let's go for score'.

I've heard this comment made by a couple of people, so I just wanted to try and give another point of view :)

I tried to stick with my route theme once in Sixth Commandment. We were getting our asses handed to us, but I said "nope, let's hold our own and not take in any lethals, it is a route theme after all!"

What followed was abject misery from the rest of the players, and to be quite frank, it was not enjoyable. Even after a few switches to lethals (too late into the round to make a difference) it still sucked.

That episode scarred me for life, and since I care about the enjoyment of my alliance members (it is a game to be enjoyed afterall), ever since if someone has said they are not happy with a route, or if a space has opened up, I'll gladly take in something "off-theme". Just trying to learn from previous mistakes!

As for me not deserving the rank 1 alliance leader, I couldn't agree more tbh :p Compared to Slash and Burn, where I really was driven to get some exciting 1v1 action going, I've been very lazy this round and don't deny it - that's why whoever led DW still deserves the best respect of the round.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Most humble alliance: Camp Inactive
Most humble allied player: Toby
Most humble leader: Toby

All the other awards are meaningless.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
MattM: I give the profile awards based on my experience of the game. How you did against Trans, I don't know. I know you hit them a lot, and thus you got the offensive stat. How you did defend against them I can't possibly know. I do however know that the two times I organized against you, you fell, and that's where the award stems from. And I know that several of your players have been posting a lot about how well you defended from Mada, which I (based upon what I saw), disagree with, considering the amount of effort that was put into those hits. When a r1 hits r2 its always either a massive bash/train which is undefendable, or a small enough hit that you can force a recall. Rarely is there a middle ground due to the activity and contactability that is required to be rank 2.

Out of the leaders I've had first hand experience with this round; Nightmare, Max, Cala - Max gets the award from me. It is not sucking up, it has nothing to do with his abilities to plan attacks. It has to do with leading in a way that I think is good for his alliance, and not selling out his own goals. Clem was a good candidate too, because of the 70% attack rule that I really like, but I've not had enough contact with Clem to decide.

On the note of discussing awards: Lay off the hate on Stargazer, please. The only reason he is picked up in every winning ally is because nobody invites him in the first place, yet when the time comes to replace he is high ranked and in a good spot to take over. He's been here a long time, let the guy get some slack. He performs rather well in game, even if you don't like his forum appearance.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
To be fair to Patreecko, I would be frustrated in his place after this round.

And to be fair to Max, those that complained in SC were weak. It was an awesome idea that was just given away before the round so EVERYBODY could capitalise on you not killing anything. I personally enjoyed it for my own goals - But the three or four who left did so because of me, or they couldn't handle the aim. Their loss was my opinion.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
>>> Their loss was my opinion. <<<
sorry can't help myself....
but even without the comma after loss, it is still quite accurate :p

CLem

Head Gardener

Dachi I take it personally when you say these things as I am actively involved with most of the defense planning all round.

You are entitle to your opinion but I am entitle to point out the flaw in what you have said (and using my opinion).

As pointed out by quite a few people and thanks for the mention, our defense against the planned hits by Trans and WW were successful all round. When you eventually planned an attack it was after us staying up to hit Trans till 2am the night before and when seeing attacks from rank 1 and rank 3 with 3 days to go it pretty much nailed the round end for us so there is no point in effect trying.

We retalled and defended in places we can and also stayed to get the BRs we want so we can chill out. You got what you wanted from killing us and ended up in an alliance higher rank than us, kudos. If you consider the bragging from certain members in DW annoying than you have just dropped to that level in my opinion.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

Dachi I take it personally when you say these things as I am actively involved with most of the defense planning all round.

You are entitle to your opinion but I am entitle to point out the flaw in what you have said (and using my opinion).

As pointed out by quite a few people and thanks for the mention, our defense against the planned hits by Trans and WW were successful all round. When you eventually planned an attack it was after us staying up to hit Trans till 2am the night before and when seeing attacks from rank 1 and rank 3 with 3 days to go it pretty much nailed the round end for us so there is no point in effect trying.

We retalled and defended in places we can and also stayed to get the BRs we want so we can chill out. You got what you wanted from killing us and ended up in an alliance higher rank than us, kudos. If you consider the bragging from certain members in DW annoying than you have just dropped to that level in my opinion.

As i said in our pols. This will keep going till ww get rank 2 and we'll have been rank 3 no matter how good or bad we do now we could all be zeroed and get rank 3 from insurance. Also i dropped a bollock encouraging a retal, it was planned for 10 members that were online but it got so late on the tick people had defend and send out.

But to base a whole round of defence on two hits when you had at your disposal two alliances whose combined score was twice that of dw. Covering 16 members with 8 incomings each 3 days before round end, we decided to just leave it be. It didnt help that some one cough cough. Deleted our contacts thread when cleaning! (really wish i was joking)...though this was later on after the first hits. I guess we could have all sleep moded till round end. Thats obviously the accepted way to do it.

Just wtf...i think you must be trolling about smashing dw with 2 alliances vs1 then calling our defence **** when mada crumbled to three allies smaller than them. Just...
150g667098.gif

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator
On the note of discussing awards: Lay off the hate on Stargazer, please. The only reason he is picked up in every winning ally is because nobody invites him in the first place, yet when the time comes to replace he is high ranked and in a good spot to take over. He's been here a long time, let the guy get some slack. He performs rather well in game, even if you don't like his forum appearance.

This stuck out the most, I've never actually played with stargazer before this round, and had noticed he seems to be one of the most hated players in the game... I don't see why? Yes okay, his attitude on the forums may seem fairly annoying, but he isn't all that bad of a player in-game and actually likes to get stuck in!

Much love stargazer, was a pleasure to have you! <3 (Even if nobody else agreed ;))

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Clem, you did read my next post before you got all worked up, right?

willy: on what else can I base it? I saw you die to mada earlier this round, and I saw you die to trans/ww late in the round. That was the only time I ever saw your defence in action. How else can I judge you than based on my own experience?

CLem

Head Gardener
I did read it and that's why i felt the need to speak up.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Clem, you did read my next post before you got all worked up, right?

willy: on what else can I base it? I saw you die to mada earlier this round, and I saw you die to trans/ww late in the round. That was the only time I ever saw your defence in action. How else can I judge you than based on my own experience?

well its your opinion and its formed from what you saw, i think its a harsh critique on events, but least you admit its from a limited perspective. I dont recall when mada attacked us and we defended poorly, maybe that was the 2 weeks i was on holiday, I assumed it was mostly based on the latter event. Which is a bit biased.

Still the way you stated your point of view did make me think wtf. Why not just give us the worst alliance, you intentionally state though the best defence was everyone but dw. And dont think its unjustified...

I remeber talking to you on irc when i was active you seemed like a nice guy, we discussed what your name meant, as i was into martial arts, so i assume you are a sound guy but no offence.....This comes across a bit like look i organised the attack give me some recognition, and if thats what you want, thats a little bit lame

Status
Not open for further replies.