R48 Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazzy

Head Gardener
People don't want to see me butter you up anymore.

Will make it upto you later, after the pub =P

#BroLove #NotGay

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
Well I can't speak for anyone else in DW, but I go to the forums in the pols section to stir up trouble. Tactically it was all semi smart moves, but bringing things to light... Getting people to post and swaying public opinion is also part of the game. Say what you will but often my 'whining' had the desired effect.

I didn't really resent the team ups, but whether it was coincidence or not - solid D plus distractions took the steam outta follow up waves et al. So ppl can think less of me, but to me it was all part of the game. :) ppl don't think as straight if they start giving emotional responses.

Will the real SteveGod please stand up and put one of those fingers on each hand up!

Leah

Pruner
* Alliance of the round
I'm going to break tradition and say us. WW went through a lot this round but these guys never lost their will or their sense of humor. I learned a lot from them, and WW coming back together and finishing out the round was most assuredly a team effort.

* Best Offensive Alliance
I'm going with both DW and Trans on this one. DW because we almost always had inc from at least a few of their players, and Trans because when they weren't attacking us they were asking if we wanted to go attack someone else with them.

* Best Defensive Alliance
Discworld. Always tough to get through on you guys.

* Honourable Mention Alliance
Scally/VS - way to hang in there guys.

* Worst Alliance
NOOBS - I know not every player in their alliance was a multi or account sharer, but the majority were, so no love for them.

* Best Leader
Don't know, didn't play under anyone else. If I had to pick on hearsay, DW members were very loyal and stuck together so I'd have to say their leadership, not just the actual leader but officers as well.

* Worst Leader
Myself and Nightmare.

* Player of the Round - Allied
Josh (Phizzy's Thunder Buddy). Not only was he our most active offensive player, he also encouraged others to attack, actively defended, and always sought to learn more about both his route and the others. He also remained level-headed and never got petty or mean during disputes. All around both skilled at the game and an asset to it for the type of player he chooses to be.

* Player of the Round - Solo
Edd/Cyrus - both skilled players and decent people.

* Best Offensive Player
There were lots in our alliance who were always willing to attack, but Josh was the most active in attacking and Gazzy was the most active in planning so I'm going with the two of them :)

* Best Defensive Player
In our alliance, Gazzy. He defends everything and always helps coordinate. In other alliances I'm not sure, it was usually a whole host of defenders whenever we attacked so good job all the folks in Trans and DW :)

* Honourable Mention Player
Twigley, for getting everyone motivated to take down MF
Masq and Blizzard for always being willing to learn more and take advice, and for caring so much about WW that they volunteered to leave to give us a better finish when they weren't able to actively finish it with us. Thank you both and I look forward to playing with you again in the future.

* Worst Player
DVS, not only for being a multi and an account sharer, but for not caring at all about the game or anything beyond trolling as hard as you can.

* Worst Moment of Round
There wasn't a worst moment. There were several. The first week of the round someone I cared about died and I wasn't in any shape to sort things out when we should have been fighting MF. Then the day we did have the first hit planned with Trans and DW our power went out. By the time I got off work and to a friends house to get back online they had sold us out to MF, all three alliances were hitting rank 2, and people had already started leaving the alliance. I'm glad that wasn't the end for us, but it was definitely a hard pill to swallow at the time.

* Best Moment of Round
The day NOOBS went down. They were ruining the round for the smaller alliances and I'm glad they got taken out.

Max

Garden Designer
* Alliance of the round
Discworld, without a doubt. Strong in defence, and just when I had written off their offensive capabilities, ignited a resistance that pulled off one of the biggest upsets in bushtarion history. Bravo chaps.

* Best Offensive Alliance
While Trans were probably the most offensive alliance, that by far doesn't make them the best offensive alliance. I'd give this to WW for their amazing Mada kills, and gall to attack them alone.

Oh - also Life of Pie - for agreeing to join Trans in the original resistance effort in the first week :D

* Best Defensive Alliance
Discworld - a rock that simply could not be broken. And no bounty to even make it worthwhile if you did.

* Honourable Mention Alliance
Life of Pie - resistance comrades who stole off Mada successfully in the first resistance :D RAWR!

* Worst Alliance
NOOBS - congrats to Maickesh for helping to break them - at one point I was worried that MrJ would portal :O

* Best Leader
Lilow/Clem/Garrett for leading DW, I don't know who officially held the reigns but nicely done whoever it was.

* Worst Leader
I think Leah made a big error with the original ANAP, but I can forgive her due to inexperience. Benny however had the experience of many years behind him and still wasn't able to maintain sufficient morale to keep the team together :( Poor poor Benny, just never seems to work out for ya pal :)

* Player of the Round - Allied
That Phizzy guy was immense. Bravo sir. From my own alliance I was impressed (as always) by the work of James and Dooboo in defence strategy.

* Player of the Round - Solo
I thought that Dellie and Ed were the best, their attacks were precise, well thought out and superbly timed. The surgeons of the bushtarion world :D

* Best Offensive Player
Master Maickesh - I've learned so much about how to bribe from him this round it's been unreal.

* Best Defensive Player
Gazzy was always there defending, and Chris'o was always helping with defensive strategy, which I was incredibly grateful of.

* Honourable Mention Player
Brandon and Kuro for their incredibly support with bribing this round. Always willing to give a hand and sacrifice their troops to obtain a good bribe :D Really embraced the whole alliance theme from start to finish.

* Worst Player
Anyone who logged on for another player - never liked the idea of account sharing.

* Worst Moment of Round
Losing FeR and Cheche was a sad moment, doubly so when I realised that I could have recruited Gazzy and Spike instead :D Oh for the gift of foresight!

* Best Moment of Round
Godsend dying to our defence was quite rofl worthy xD But for me it was attacking with a four strong force on a bribe attack on a solo dragon player. We managed to bribe £2tril over 2 ticks, it was a gorgeous BR :)

All in all I really don't mind where the alliance finishes I've had a lot of fun enjoying bribing and would recommend it to anyone that hasn't tried it. Every target requires a new strategy, it's really varied and an excellent mathematical workout! Thanks to everyone who stuck by me this round even though I didn't really plan more than 3 alliance attacks all round!

Last edited:

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Max, I have to say that post is sickening and absolute disgrace.

I'd give this to WW for their amazing Mada kills, and gaul to attack them alone.

'gaul'?! What on earth is that?

<3

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
* Alliance of the round - DW.
* Best Offensive Alliance - DW.
* Best Defensive Alliance - DW.
* Honourable Mention Alliance - VS.
* Worst Alliance - Mada.
* Worst Leader - Nightmare.
* Player of the Round - Allied - Garrett.
* Player of the Round - Solo - Cyrus.
* Best Defensive Player - Garrett.
* Honourable Mention Player - CJ.
* Worst Player - Beasteh.
* Best Moment of Round - People joining in on the resistance.
* Worst Moment of Round - Dying by 3 minutes mid-round due to bad signal.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
well I said in my original post - I'd be adding and I was reminded today of something important. (inb4 circlejerk)

honourable mention 2 - twigley. he's been a calming force for me. whether he knows it or not, at times when i got frustrated with the round - he's either been voice of reason or driving force for carnage. mad props.

Chris_

Head Gardener
well I said in my original post - I'd be adding and I was reminded today of something important. (inb4 circlejerk)

honourable mention 2 - twigley. he's been a calming force for me. whether he knows it or not, at times when i got frustrated with the round - he's either been voice of reason or driving force for carnage. mad props.

this is almost as gay as tiger and dax

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Props to:

Cyrus- good solo round (for some reason i didnt notice edd as much but stats seem to show he did well as always, guess not having bounty on members helped! And cyrus kept killing the targets i kept wanting to hit every time id spie and be about to send and notice him 3 or 4 ticks sent and mopping up)

Clem - cheers for having us and leading dw good guy to play with, sensible and tacticle

Garrett- power house of the night cover, cant rate him high enough always on when i had random logins despite having a busy real life outside of bush.

Max/maickesh : great bribes guys gj.

Ww- nice bounce back, not many do it.

Mada - shame it collapsed for those who worked hard at it, but i guess its proof you need a team working together to some extent even when the round should be locked up

Dw - wish i had been more beneficial, enjoyed playing with you all, very stress free round infact. Musta been just a great group.

Trans - good job attempting a bribe alliance, fraid im with garrett, all the restarts did distract from the theme, seems you needed to for defence so i can understand and its worked out. Rank 1 and big land lead. Well played

Worst moment: apologies to dw for the 2 week holiday followed by suicide. Still feel pretty bad for being so easily distracted

Best moment: waking up to a crumbling madafaka. And playing with caz and cal again even if i was a lil lazy this round

oondasre

Digger
* Alliance of the round - trans
* Best Offensive Alliance - Mada pre laziness.
* Best Defensive Alliance - DW/trans.
* Dishonourable Mention Alliance - noobs <3 maickesh u sexy beast.
* Honourable Mention Alliance - scallywags, virus and camp innactive finishing a round with 20 members, its hard playing in a smaller alliance to keep moral up well done guys
* Worst Alliance - Mada- u had more score than the next 3 alliances combined and still fell over.
* Worst Leader - jamesnchina, not actually leader, but very grumpy before hes had a smoke and a coffee :p
* Player of the Round - solo - cheryl aka Fred, this guy has an odd love for beach umbrellas
* Player of the Round - allied - brandon, not the smartest/most active player but allways willing to die for the team or some bribes for max
* Best Defensive Player - Frasuly never much interest in going for land/kills happy to just stay with troops home waiting to defend,
* Honourable Mention Player - maickesh for destroying noobs
* Worst Player - cheryl- takes up 2 seats on the short bus
* Best Moment of Round - all of trans saying dont get more land or we will die... this is what i do, deal with it :p
* Worst Moment of Round - im not sure its happened yet lol.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
camp innactive finishing a round with 20 members, its hard playing in a smaller alliance to keep moral up well done guys

Word.

I'd like to thank our 19 members for being truly honourable and upstanding citizens and ignoring the insistence that most of them were, in fact, fictional creations of Oondasre's imagination. I am proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
I've heard of stealth routes. Even played them. But 11 stealth members? I commend you Camp Inactive.

p.s. oonie, drink more. post less :p

Status
Not open for further replies.