Free bush lessons.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Lesson A: You can never have more than 5 mobs active (outgoing & ingoing)
Lesson B: White Knights and White Wizards grow exponentially up to their maximum number, so you should always leave a few at home when sending defense which might be destroyed completely
Lesson C: NLT/NLDs can strip armour for LETs (see "Hools+TL=Pain")
Lesson D: You get bounty when killing defenders at a red target
Lesson E: When Bounty-hunting, send mixed mobs, with flak and stealers, for maximum gain.
Lesson F: When attacked my overwhelming odds, when sending out leave/buy a few of you fastest units, if they get to fire, for free honour (25+ a tick)

timtadams

Landscape Designer
lol, couldnt you have saved a few for later posting Enrico? :p

Health damage is always directed to fully stripped units! Think about it...

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
A unit cannot lose any health until all it's armour Is gone. This is why heavily armoured units tend to survive best in large battle reports.

Nb. A unit will only die when all it's health is lost.

On what basis do you know that? Unless you *know* for a fact that armour damage is calced before health damage for each individual unit, not as a total entity?

Really?

timtadams

Landscape Designer
A unit cannot lose any health until all it's armour Is gone. This is why heavily armoured units tend to survive best in large battle reports.

On what basis do you know that? Unless you *know* for a fact that armour damage is calced before health damage for each individual unit, not as a total entity?

Really?

Regarding Willy's post. It is correct. Its in the manual FAQ.

1.12: What is the difference between HD and AD?
HD is how much Health Damage you can do to a target, indicating soft fleshy tissue of living things. AD is the Armour Damage you can do, such as the armour plating on a Jeep. No Health Damage can be done to a unit until all of it's Armour has been stripped away.

Regarding my post.
health damage can only be done to a unit that has no armour, as willy said. Flakking only flaks armour damage. That way health damage is not wasted by firing on non-stripped units. Instead, the health damage is simply applied direct to stripped units.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Really?

Regarding Willy's post. It is correct. Its in the manual FAQ.

1.12: What is the difference between HD and AD?
HD is how much Health Damage you can do to a target, indicating soft fleshy tissue of living things. AD is the Armour Damage you can do, such as the armour plating on a Jeep. No Health Damage can be done to a unit until all of it's Armour has been stripped away.

Regarding my post.
health damage can only be done to a unit that has no armour, as willy said. Flakking only flaks armour damage. That way health damage is not wasted by firing on non-stripped units. Instead, the health damage is simply applied direct to stripped units.

Learn something new everyday :D

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I havent read much of this thread so you can ignore my last post

PS: I think willy is wrong.

Health damage is directed at all units, and only affects the stripped ones. So you don't have 1 million SA firing at armour stripped geos and just ignoring the still armoured CGs.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Health damage is directed at all units, and only affects the stripped ones. So you don't have 1 million SA firing at armour stripped geos and just ignoring the still armoured CGs.

Willy is not wrong, check the FAQ link in my post if you believe my extract was fabricated. I'll put link to exact point:
No Health Damage can be done to a unit until all of it's Armour has been stripped away.

also, health damage is indeed only directed at stripped units. both geos and CG have armour (both a lot more than gardeners). If for some reason the geos were stripped, and the CG were not (even though that would never be the case unless you were flakking CG with geos), then yes, 1 million SA would only direct their health damage at the stripped geos. Dont forget, the SA still do some armour damage and can therefore strip some CG before health damage is applied.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer

Willy is not wrong, check the FAQ link in my post if you believe my extract was fabricated. I'll put link to exact point:
No Health Damage can be done to a unit until all of it's Armour has been stripped away.

also, health damage is indeed only directed at stripped units. both geos and CG have armour (both a lot more than gardeners). If for some reason the geos were stripped, and the CG were not (even though that would never be the case unless you were flakking CG with geos), then yes, 1 million SA would only direct their health damage at the stripped geos. Dont forget, the SA still do some armour damage and can therefore strip some CG before health damage is applied.

If what you're saying is true it would mean that SA would do more (potential) damage to 5 units than they would against 100. Which is not true. HD and AD are in the same attack so SA can't fire their AD rifle first and then switch to a HD pistol and only attack the stripped units. If that wasn't the case 1m SA would be able to kill more attack dogs out of 1m than out of 10m because the stripped dogs would be flakking eachother and ****ing the targetting.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
If what you're saying is true it would mean that SA would do more (potential) damage to 5 units than they would against 100. Which is not true. HD and AD are in the same attack so SA can't fire their AD rifle first and then switch to a HD pistol and only attack the stripped units. If that wasn't the case 1m SA would be able to kill more attack dogs out of 1m than out of 10m because the stripped dogs would be flakking eachother and ****ing the targetting.

No, the complete opposite would happen. Consider RPG and SA attacking 1m marines. For simplicity we assume that stats given by stars are exact. We will also pretend that RPG do zero health damage and SA do zero armour damage.

First 100% of 1000 RPG fire on 1m marines. Marines have 4 armour and RPG do 5 armour. So 1000 RPG will do 1000*5 = 5000 armour damage. This means 5000/4 = 1250 marines are stripped and have no armour. We ignore the health damage done by RPG.

Then 100% of SA fire on 1 marines. However we ignore the armour damage done. Then 1000 SA deal 1000*4 = 4000 health damage. This is the equivalent of 4000/5 = 800 marines. All this health damage is directed only to stripped units. Since 1250 marines are stripped, 800 of those stripped marines are killed by the SA health damage.

If this were not the case, then those 1250 stripped marines would be flakked by the other almost 1m marines and the SA would kill almost nothing. For example, 1250 is 0.125% of 1 million. Therefore only 0.125% of the SA health damage would be directed at stripped units. 0.125% of 4000 health damage is 5. That is, only 5 health damage is directed at 1250 marines, and only 1 marine would be killed.

[edit]
using just 1000 SA attacking 1m attack dogs as an example to be consistent...
Again assuming stat stars are exact
1000 SA deal 1000 armour total, stripping 1000 doggies.
1000 SA deal 4000 health total, killing all 1000 stripped doggies.

Pretending the health damage is flakked, then 1000 stripped doggies is only 0.1% of 1m doggies. Then only 4 health damage is applied to stripped units and only 4 doggies are killed.

Since a unit can only be killed once its armour is completely gone, then health damage must be applied after armour damage. I just dont see how health damage can be applied at the same time as armour damage in a simple manner.

Last edited:

Dimitar

Landscape Designer

No, the complete opposite would happen. Consider RPG and SA attacking 1m marines. For simplicity we assume that stats given by stars are exact. We will also pretend that RPG do zero health damage and SA do zero armour damage.

First 100% of 1000 RPG fire on 1m marines. Marines have 4 armour and RPG do 5 armour. So 1000 RPG will do 1000*5 = 5000 armour damage. This means 5000/4 = 1250 marines are stripped and have no armour. We ignore the health damage done by RPG.

Then 100% of SA fire on 1 marines. However we ignore the armour damage done. Then 1000 SA deal 1000*4 = 4000 health damage. This is the equivalent of 4000/5 = 800 marines. All this health damage is directed only to stripped units. Since 1250 marines are stripped, 800 of those stripped marines are killed by the SA health damage.

If this were not the case, then those 1250 stripped marines would be flakked by the other almost 1m marines and the SA would kill almost nothing. For example, 1250 is 0.125% of 1 million. Therefore only 0.125% of the SA health damage would be directed at stripped units. 0.125% of 4000 health damage is 5. That is, only 5 health damage is directed at 1250 marines, and only 1 marine would be killed.

If that was correct, then if we change the 1k RPGs to 5 mil, they'd strip all the marines and the SA would kill far less as their HD would be directed at the 1m stripped marines. Point is, SA would kill 800 out of 1250, 5k or 10 mil stripped marines

timtadams

Landscape Designer
here is actual BR to prove.

[middle] 1,000 allied Political Mastermind attacked, distracting 272 hostile staff.
[middle] 1,000 allied Hippy Van attacked, distracting 120 hostile staff.
[middle] 1,000 allied Loudspeaker Protestor shouted in the ears of and distracted 351 hostile staff.
[middle] 34,999,257 hostile Marine attacked, killing 10,961 allied staff.

The loudspeakers must have fired on purely stripped units to distract more than the POMs, given the small number of stripped must have made up a negligible portion of the army. Also, the loudies also do armour damage and this obviously wouldnt be applied to just stripped units. Thus health damage must be applied separate to armour damage.

I would similarly assume that armour damage is applied only to non-stripped units.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

If that was correct, then if we change the 1k RPGs to 5 mil, they'd strip all the marines and the SA would kill far less as their HD would be directed at the 1m stripped marines. Point is, SA would kill 800 out of 1250, 5k or 10 mil stripped marines

No, we would have 1m stripped marines. The SA would still kill 800 of them

Yochoko

Head Gardener
'Learning' and 'Understanding' make the game more interesting! You can become very effective and efficient and maybe stop hitting 'a' in everywhere when you send at a solo with AR. :p

Also, I didn't think it was an 'argument' but a nice discussion with explanations and examples! :D