• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Cyborg Gardener NERF

Max

Garden Designer
Personally, I think that the CG route is perfectly fine the way that it is. It gains in flak what the route overall loses in terms of firing power.

Sure, one could mass CGs, but that leaves them with a lot fewer lethals. They are VERY effective, but then so are Nanos and PAs when they both come out. A good CG player doesn't kill any units, so I think it's just fine :)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Sure, one could mass CGs, but that leaves them with a lot fewer lethals. They are VERY effective, but then so are Nanos and PAs when they both come out. A good CG player doesn't kill any units, so I think it's just fine :)

CG only cost 4,200 each and you don't need to mass them anymore than you'd buy normal gardeners so i strongly disagree with you there.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
even if you make up some fictional ratios

5m guru
2m pom
500k hippy van
200k leaders
250k news van
troop cost = about £166billion

turn that into with flak etc approximately £180 billion and if only 10% land fat giving you a total score of 200bil.

at 70% ar someone could send £87billion worth of troops. so around 20million CG's + geos as it stands.

and according to your limited ratios and my guess work they only require 9 million CG,s to cleanly land that target??(please confirm) mean even at £9,000 cost per unit they can still attack you and land without triggering with you having 70% AR

BUT if they are attacking honourably. at 70% and are of similar land fat.(10%) they have £285billion troops to send in their total stock pile. which puts them requiring about 28.4% of thiere troop score as CG flak... i think that yes no matter how much you buff thier costs they will still get through your units, and others even with high AR. but on that basis all you do is weaken the route. having to lock up soo much score as flaking troops to attack honourably.

now currently its a bit over half that cost per unit. so maybe an increase of 25% cost (6k per CG) is only around 19% of the total troops score needing to be locked up as CG flak, which is actually not too bad. So that adjustment may have little affect to the route and still not force it to be too flak heavy.

either way they can still land you when you have 70% AR!! its just not going to help you or any others from stopping the unit if they cant already and simply slightly weaken the route. which is alright but is hardly a well played route and doesnt actually help any one stop these CGs as they are meant to be able to flak through thier oponents. and as you lose nothing to poms people will continue to flak through them. it changes nothing....but yes i agree 6k wouldnt be that detramental a price per unit. but overall it just weakens the amount of lethals per unit score the player can have, making an already underplayed route marginally less attractive. no harm no foul, but no real change, or gain as far as i can see for any one involved.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Willy, you wouldnt buy those units to counter flak.

Give 200b funds to a pom and 100b funds to a CG and the CG will land every single time no matter what combination of pom units you use.

Give 120b funds to a pom and 100b funds into gardeners and you can alter your Prot ratio to counter it even with 80b less funds than trying to counter the CG.

But if the pom choses to stop flak only, it's open to being killed as it has no hv or pom - hence the balance.
Poms have 0 chance to alter their ratios to stop or atleast put off CG, as do many other branches of tech tree.

I personally don't see that as right.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Willy, you wouldnt buy those units to counter flak.

Give 200b funds to a pom and 100b funds to a CG and the CG will land every single time no matter what combination of pom units you use.

Give 120b funds to a pom and 100b funds into gardeners and you can alter your Prot ratio to counter it even with 80b less funds than trying to counter the CG.

But if the pom choses to stop flak only, it's open to being killed as it has no hv or pom - hence the balance.
Poms have 0 chance to alter their ratios to stop or atleast put off CG, as do many other branches of tech tree.

I personally don't see that as right.

Some routes can't stop others. Just get over it. It's unfortunate you're in a solo group with nearly 0 units able to stop CGs, but that's just a drawback of your route setup. Like I said earlier, there are plenty of units that do well against CG, and I could see them getting a slight cost increase, 4,200 -> 4,500 (~7%), they aren't so overly powerful that you should completely destroy a hardly used route for your sake of losing land as a solo.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Lafin, i still think they need to be nerfed in some way but they should still be powerful.
Just not so much.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
i always found TDs to be highly effective against CGs. Just like cutting grass :p

Did it earlier to rank 3 - We took him from 58m to 42m in a tick from two players throwing their LET at the inc. I knew none of our Prot players combined could stop that one without cutting them down a tad.
They are still possible to slow with the right stuff.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
i always found TDs to be highly effective against CGs. Just like cutting grass :p

Did it earlier to rank 3 - We took him from 58m to 42m in a tick from two players throwing their LET at the inc. I knew none of our Prot players combined could stop that one without cutting them down a tad.
They are still possible to slow with the right stuff.

I killed 100m over two ticks in the WH round iirc, arguably i had lots of TDs, but any ally worth their salt these days has a goodly number of TDs since they are the sex.

I find CGs the most annoying in a wave situation, where someone sends masses of CGs to flak boost incs. Then there are rarely enough units to go around, or of course, if you're solo and get CG inc, you're pretty much ****ed :p

Franny

Head Gardener
01:06 Cal Leaders would be great vs CG if only they hit INN
01:06 FranOblivion idd
01:07 Cal Suggest it
01:07 FranOblivion maybe a suggestion?
01:07 FranOblivion :p
01:07 Cal Leaders LET / INN
01:07 FranOblivion yeah boy
01:07 Cal or LET / NLT / INN
01:07 FranOblivion or LET/ALL
01:07 Cal YES!
01:07 FranOblivion possible price hike?

Zaheen

BANNED
Want to kill the route off completely? They are fine, there's already a shortage of Robotics in the game.

I find it hillarious how Cheese can agree to this, I still can't get over Round 8 when you sent 2 billion Cyber Gardeners at me, or something stupid. They have been nerfed about 5 times since then, and you guys can't handle it?!

Get more skill.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Skill has nothing to do with it. I don't even think there is such a thing in this game.
You don't know the meaning of the word that's why.

I know you are, you said you are, but what am I? You have the mind of an attention-starved toddler.

CGs are ridiculously strong for their price. Early round there is nothing to counter them, and even later in the round they are tough. Making them slightly more expensive will not ruin the route.

This is all completely pointless ofc, since we don't have an admin to make any changes.