Anti AR triggering

Changer

Head Gardener
How about this situation. A group of solos before the round agree to post incomings, recieved from spying the top 20 into an IRC channel. They also agree to trigger on anyones attacks that they see, weather it be on anyone within their IRC channel or not. So those in the channel have agreed, without the need to post themselves to have anyone within the group to send on them whenever they need to, to trigger on any attacks that they may recieve. This IMO, is against the EULA. And from proof that we have, there is indeed an IRC channel, to which members of a solo group post incomings that they happen to see from spying around a few IDs.

I don't expect to see any lockings or such, and as a result will just have to put up with it I suppose.

EDIT: Id much rather see Azzer spend time coding his RPG than wasting time trying to perfect a mechanism within the game that shouldnt be needed.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Nobody has ever agreed to trigger at all.
Infact i've triggered on 2 people who got mad at me.

A fair few of the people i trigger on, i've never even been in a channel with before.
Today when my net went down, i came back on to see someone i have never even spoken to before had triggered on me.

Give it all this publicity, and people will wanna do it just to be known.

If Azzer comes out and says you can't spy people and trigger on them if they are also solo as it is against EULA then i'd probally stop.
But really i don't see this as against EULA.

It takes some serious activity to spy around all the time and catch it.
It's an underhand tactic though. I don't deny it.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Everytime i have sent to trigger on someone, they have been offline.
I would like to know how that is mutual attacking.
I spy about 7 of the top 20, and about 8 of the top solos in the game constantly.
If i see an attack, i either piggy it with geo or i trigger it if they die.

It's a dirty tactic, yes.
Against the EULA, no.

I am trying to be as annoying as possible to the rank 1 alliance and stop them stealing land, even if it's using underhand tactics.
Edit: I know this is the same for alot of others aswell.

I've already told people that they should never ask for anyone to mutually trigger on themselves and should never ask for anyone to piggy.
Cos that's be against EULA.

Yup, if anyone asks me to trigger on them I don't.
Yes these are dirty tactics, but class it as revenge for sending at me 20+ times in 1 day.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
We don't ask each other to trigger, i promise you that. And your prob thinking, "yea sure, you have to say that".

But its the truth, i have triggered on some guys, because your the rank 1 alliance, i did it last round as well. If i ever see the chance for a few cheeky free acres ill send and piggy, anyone who knows me knows i mass geos every round. Nothing wrong with it! Not against the EULA, but under hand indeed.

In no way do we break the EULA.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
seems you made alot of enemies cid.
post inc in chan and people are arguing between themselves who triggers.

That is a direct quote from you.

I don't believe I said that but by all means correct me if I'm wrong...
And how is it mutual attacking?
Posting your incoming isn't against the rules...
Asking someone to trigger is however.

Changer

Head Gardener
Please read what i said in my first post about anyone in the IRC channel that is willing to accept people triggering on them. I never said that you specifically asked people to trigger on you, just that there is an agreement that you are willing to let people trigger on you.

Edit: Cheese I was replying to Twigley, you just posted first :p Also read above.

Once again, at the end of the day I do not expect to see anything happening. But anyone from within the channel, triggering on anyone else that uses the channel, is imo breaking the EULA. Azzer probably doesnt see it like this, so you will get away scot free.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
EDIT: Id much rather see Azzer spend time coding his RPG than wasting time trying to perfect a mechanism within the game that shouldnt be needed.

<3 lubs!

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Changer, it has happened where i've posted an inc and been surprised people wanna trigger it, but it doesnt happen all the time.
But nobody has ever agreed to trigger, simple as.

Every single time i've done it is from spying around.
And even now i havn't done it in a while as i dont want to lose honour then AR mod.

TaO

Tree Surgeon
I highly doubt they is all from spying...

I think 90% of the attacks on solo's i've send in the past week have had a mob on same tick or a tick behind me to trigger AR...

Yet, i almost never seem to catch any spy in my news, nor do i get a newsreport of a possible spy..

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
I would actually post a print screen of my news, during the night i get around 10-15 spies off of twigs. This isn't a one off, this happens every time i sleep. I would post a print screen to shut you all up! He has triggered on me twice i think and its all when im offline and he's just spied me!

Changer

Head Gardener
Please actually read what I say. Im saying that anyone triggering on anyone else, that are both in the IRC channel, have agreed to trigger on each others attacks. WHEATHER OR NOT THEY POST THEM THEMSELVES. Twigley can spy you and then attack you. But because you are both in the group and have premutually agreed to let Twigley send to you and trigger, is why imo it is against the EULA.

Edit: Ty silence :p

Last edited:

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I highly doubt they is all from spying...

I think 90% of the attacks on solo's i've send in the past week have had a mob on same tick or a tick behind me to trigger AR...

Yet, i almost never seem to catch any spy in my news, nor do i get a newsreport of a possible spy..

How would anyone sending a few units behind you trigger AR?
You are POM, you can't kill anyone for the one behind to trigger and a few extra units are not going to trigger.

Today i personally spied your target, saw you were eta 5 and sent to piggy - to annoy you.

Some interesting stats for you.

Scans made: 7,106 2
Scans received: 2,277 5

Now look at the top 11 people scan received.
8 of them all solo.
Look at the top 10 people scans made.
5 of them solo.

It's not a coinsidence.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Please actually read what I say. Im saying that anyone triggering on anyone else, that are both in the IRC channel, have agreed to trigger on each others attacks. WEATHER OR NOT THEY POST THEM THEMSELVES. Twigley can spy you and then attack you. But because you are both in the group and have premutually agreed to let Twigley send to you and trigger, is why imo it is against the EULA.

Well your wrong so shush

Changer

Head Gardener
If you read what I have said about the group premutually agreeing to let people trigger on them if they get incoming then you will see how it is against the EULA.

Example: Im in the rank 2 or 3 alliance. I know an aussie in the rank 4 or 5 ally. At the start of the round, we agree we will spy each other all round whilst the other is asleep, and piggy any incoming that the other recieves. Now, at no point during the round do i specifically ask him to piggy my incomings, but because we have agreed before the round to do so, it is against the EULA.

rofl, thanks for pretty much proving me right IoF.

Silence

Head Gardener
Please actually read what I say. Im saying that anyone triggering on anyone else, that are both in the IRC channel, have agreed to trigger on each others attacks. WEATHER OR NOT THEY POST THEM THEMSELVES. Twigley can spy you and then attack you. But because you are both in the group and have premutually agreed to let Twigley send to you and trigger, is why imo it is against the EULA.

*Whether

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Example: Im in the rank 2 or 3 alliance. I know an aussie in the rank 4 or 5 ally. At the start of the round, we agree we will spy each other all round whilst the other is asleep, and piggy any incoming that the other recieves. Now, at no point during the round do i specifically ask him to piggy my incomings, but because we have agreed before the round to do so, it is against the EULA.

Well then you should be locked

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
If you read what I have said about the group premutually agreeing to let people trigger on them if they get incoming then you will see how it is against the EULA.

Nobody has ever agreed to let people trigger on them.
Like i said, i triggered on 2 people over the past few days and they have been angry at me saying they would never want to be triggered on.

If Azzer see's that there is something wrong here, i would gladly stop it immediately, but from what i understand of the rules, it isn't mutual attacking.

As it stands he hasn't said it is against the rules and has now put in a system where you lose honour from triggering and then start to lose your AR mod. This has already personally put me off doing it further.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
And is everyone forgetting the omgpop member that sent their staff to the hq then left and got loads of omgpop to send at him. Mutual attacking? I think so.

So guys please don't accuse us of doing something when 1) you have no proof 2) you did it yourself
He got locked, I don't see any solos locked ;)

Changer

Head Gardener
I do not expect Azzer to do anything, its very difficult to prove anything, if not pretty clear that the EULA has been broken. But as I mentioned before, Azzer is wasting time by creating what will probably end up being a tempory fix to things.
If the game mechanics continue to be so easily abused by large groups of solos, I hardly expect there to be any FTW alliances left. Just massive groups of solos that trigger on each others attacks all day and night.