Anti AR triggering

StormyWaters

Planter
If you are all arguing that AR Triggering is bad and it goes against the game, why doesn't someone suggest a feature like a government barricade where the triggering units are ordered to go home? That way the Honorable(guessing here) attack would go on as nothing happened.

The only downside I can see is it affecting piggying, but I really don't like that anyways lol

Ram

Head Gardener
It has already been suggested that the person triggering recieves a 'flag' and only they would be targeted by Gov but that was denied :/

StormyWaters

Planter
It has already been suggested that the person triggering recieves a 'flag' and only they would be targeted by Gov but that was denied :/

Wouldn't that leave the chance for some units to be left alive or mess with the defending units targetting?

StormyWaters

Planter
It hasn't descended into flaming yet. So no. ¬_¬

Edit: Also, a better solution (that I have suggested before) imo would be to make SAS/Bios range only. Job done.

Then what would defend mid/close tick regularly?

Does the game know its sending defense to specifically protect against a trigger? Or does it only know that the player needs defense?

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
This thread is bullshit.

Someone do their ****ing job for once and lock it already.

Edit: Also, a better solution (that I have suggested before) imo would be to make SAS/Bios range only. Job done.

Wouldn't work...
the idea of triggering on somebody is to prevent the attacker from stealing. Riots and Police always come alongside SAS so they would still fail to land.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
As much as triggering is irritating, I must say I have heard nothing of the sort from Twigs or Cheese in our chan. They've piggied rank 1 before to irritate them with mass Geo, but that was off their own backs - Even though I was in bits when they took huge losses to have all their land lost to by the 1m Geo of Twigs and Cheese.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
This thread is bullshit.

Someone do their ****ing job for once and lock it already.

Wouldn't work...
the idea of triggering on somebody is to prevent the attacker from stealing. Riots and Police always come alongside SAS so they would still fail to land.

Azzer can remove Riots/Police from SAS/Bio mobs. Also increasing SAS/Bio damage so they do enough first tick.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
So what happens when you have 2 guys behind you? SAS triggers twice but each SAS is for a different person?

antisback

Head Gardener
[21:44] <antisback> lol just reading through the forums, people really hate us solo's :D
[21:45] <antisback> apparantly they have logs of us all agreeing to trigger on each other at the beggining of the round, dunno why they havn't posted them yet
[21:50] <Twigley> i wasnt even in here start of round
[21:50] <Twigley> so **** them

also a few notes,
I went spare and twigley and cheese when they triggered on me something along the lines of "if azzer locks me i'll hunt you down"
I've yet to see anyone send when asked to trigger
Piggying has gone on since almost the beggining of the game
And:
Scans received: 1,278 21
Twigley and cheese really are that dedicated to pissing off omgpop i beleive they see it as a form of resistance

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Scans made: 4,112 we scan alot.

Well what's to stop someone sending just below bios getting hurt a bit by SAS (sheilds doesn't die to SAS one bit) then SAS doesn't touch them the next tick causing utter pwnage.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
I really do like Polo's idea of making SAS/Bios range. That way, if people do trigger after you've destroyed your target on the first tick, it's only the people who triggered who will be getting the wrath of their actions.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I do too, for the moment, although I'm sure I'll think of a reason not to because I'm pretty sure I've heard this idea before and I'm pretty sure I thought of a good reason it was a bad idea o_O

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
It won't solve a thing. Zhouj will still send at eta 7, and instead of someone sending behind him to trigger, they will send a tick before him, effectively still triggering, but now AR won't even fire on the triggerer anymore. Major improvement for triggering on online/contactable solo's :)

zhouj

Harvester
It won't solve a thing. Zhouj will still send at eta 7, and instead of someone sending behind him to trigger, they will send a tick before him, effectively still triggering, but now AR won't even fire on the triggerer anymore. Major improvement for triggering on online/contactable solo's :)

Not that triggering stops anyone from attacking anyway. :p