FTW vs FTF

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
FTW (For the Win): Ally set up and Playing to maximise the possibillity of it winning, i.e. being the biggest ally at the end.
FTF (For the Fun): Ally set up to prove a point, do something funky or have a spesific goal other than having maximum score value. (i.e. Bribing allies, Being the most honorable ally, Doing the most damage, Staying public all round etc.)
FTH (For the Hell): Allies set up just as a social arena/because soloplay suck and is for tards and scum
Learning Allies: Alliance whose only goal is to teach new players what alliance-play is all about

Seems a lot of people confuse FTF and FTH alllies...
I quite like those descriptions! :)

Me too. Hopefully there will be more Learning Allies as the rounds progress :)

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
Seems like you just made up those explanations yourself.

Wow someone posting their opinion, in a thread asking for opinions. I think indeed he probably did. I also think that some people probably agree.

Just wow.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

Wow someone posting their opinion, in a thread asking for opinions. I think indeed he probably did. I also think that some people probably agree.

Just wow.

It is probable that some people make up their own explanation for the term 'opinions' and 'facts'. You can't win it all, though.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Just wow.

lol

I said that, and then in the next goddam sentence i post my own opinion. Thatd be pretty stupid if i was serious.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

Davs

Garden Designer
I propose a motion towards maintaining sanity of future generations by banning the use of these ridiculous terms.

People play a game to have fun - otherwise they wouldn't play. Thus, everyone in the game fits the criteria to be labelled as "FTF".

Some people genuinely want to win, and will be happy to go to any lengths to do so, good for them, it's not for everyone, but if that's what they find fun then let them crack on with it.

There are also a reasonable number of people in this game who, through experience of playing the game for so long, and due to having the time and desire to put a lot of time into the game, enjoy playing with a lot of activity, and as a result can find themselves in a position to win the game. This doesn't mean they're aiming specifically to win, it just happens that the way they play leads to them being successful anyway.

All these labels do is provide excuses for people when things don't go their way.

Reactions: Dax

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I propose a motion towards maintaining sanity of future generations by banning the use of these ridiculous terms.

People play a game to have fun - otherwise they wouldn't play. Thus, everyone in the game fits the criteria to be labelled as "FTF".

Some people genuinely want to win, and will be happy to go to any lengths to do so, good for them, it's not for everyone, but if that's what they find fun then let them crack on with it.

There are also a reasonable number of people in this game who, through experience of playing the game for so long, and due to having the time and desire to put a lot of time into the game, enjoy playing with a lot of activity, and as a result can find themselves in a position to win the game. This doesn't mean they're aiming specifically to win, it just happens that the way they play leads to them being successful anyway.

All these labels do is provide excuses for people when things don't go their way.

Davs 4 Presidente'.

Davs

Garden Designer

Elevnos

BANNED