FTW vs FTF

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
my opinion of this round in terms of what i percieve from the outside/inside:

if you claim to be FTW, you are FTW. if you do absolutely anything to win, you are FTW. Whether you can win or are good enough to win remains to be seen. but your aim is playing in a way that you wish to win.

if you say you are FTF, and mean it (are not using it as an underhand tactic so people dont bother you) then you are FTF.

Route set up & round plans mean little. you can try to win with any route set up. and you can play just for the fun of playing with an amazing route set up. you can organise attacks For fun. or you can organise attacks with the objective of taking out a rival. I dont think you can claim any alliance's round motive based on one attribute.

ANQ = FTF - becoming ftw
they are becoming more and more ftw i feel. not in the fact they want to win but more they want to give HC a hard time. i think by thier rush route set up they hadn't intended to play ftw. i think they intended to be a pain in the side of the rank 1. I also think they just got to the point of being able to win, & be annoying and decided to go for it a bit harder than other ftf alliances this round. To be honest if i could be bothered to get some revenge on dax for last round and give him a hard time i probably would as well

FL = FTF
I feel we are ftf. We did one or two organised attack! well we had six members on and organised them. and i think we had another one. but i still feel that you can organise a little if FTF otherwise you sit around doing nothing or cant beat other alliances and always have to recall....and that isnt fun. if an enemy allaince organises defence then you need to organise attack to beat the defence. simple

HC = FTW
word of mouth, talk from members. attacking fashionably late with planned flak massing as soon as you pieced together that they had a name theme, (aka trying your hardest to get acres). Getting a member to restart. you attack ANQ with dimension, to take them down when they are barely ahead. you seem to want get ahead by any tactic=FTW imo

dimension = FTW
assumed by forum post and recruitment messages by cobra, and the fact members have messaged our alliance members about things, and said "at least will give us a chance to win".

CFalcon

Official Helper
There's a worrying amount of Zaheen-level intelligence around here; saying that if you're playing to win you can't be playing for fun, and vice versa.

All that counts is effort.

As we've seen over the rounds, even silly route setups well played can be effective.

Players' intentions can vary both over the course of a round, and within an alliance.

If a ftw effort is made, regardless of setup or intention, that makes you ftw. There hasn't been an alliance in the history of the game that isn't ftf.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
FTW = You want to win.
FTF = What? Why the hell are you playing if you don't find the game fun?

Ergo, ANQ are not FTW as we don't want to win.

Rosa

Pruner
FTW: Lol I'mma try to win this ****.
FTF: Lol I'mma use ftf as an excuse if I lose.
IDGAF: Everyone else.

Last edited:

Steve_God

Official Helper
No point in trying to make it simple unfortunately - it just won't work...
So many different factors you could judge this on, and so many different levels on each factors:
- Being contactable (To give mobile number / to be pranked / to be txted only / to be emailed on an address which goes to your mobile)
- Being willing to interupt RL stuff to get online when needed (Eg, on mobile at cinema / paying crazy fees while abroad to use mobile internet / interupting nookie / etc...)
- Activity (7 hours a day / 10 hours a day / 15 hours a day / 20 hours a day - where's the cut off a day for FTW activity?)
- Determination / Playstyle / Mindset / Ability

So where's the cut off? Someone could be FTW but only play 2 hours a day, by only coming on when pranked on for defence or joining in on ally attacks...

... or someone could play for 20 hours a day, but have a FTF playstyle to suicide all round to gain a given stat. and not going to actually win ...

... or someone could play with the determination to win, play only a few hours a day, and so really well because they've gone for the 'slow and steady' playstyle as a solo ...

... or - you get the picture.

There are too many combinations that most people play, there is no definate way of saying who is or isn't FTW, other than saying that the majority of the top 5 alliances all have players who are displaying a variety of FTW trails

What seems different with this round, is there is not 1 single alliance, that have gone OMG-WTF-FTW, whereby every player in each ally is at the extreme end of FTW.
It should make for an interesting round :)

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
FTF: intend to have fun
FTW: intend to win

all other opinions are imaginary

Pretty much this. FTW doesn't mean you don't intend to have fun, it just means that you are willing to sacrifice a bit of that fun to win (IE, play a route you wouldn't otherwise, ect..)

From what I've seen and heard, Coruba was going "ftw".

I know for a fact that FL is not trying to win (I joined because of that fact!) but we do intend to have fun, and have a setup that was pretty much.. Everyone got their first choice with the exception of like 2-3 folks.. :p

ANQ claimed to be recruiting just for a fun round, and from their setup, it looks that way as well.. Their lack of competent competition is not their fault..

HC - I hadn't heard they were going FTW until I was told by one of their members that they were. I was only aware of Coruba (who is leading Dimension I suppose?), they have played as if they are trying to win though.

That's pretty much how I see the round from my perspective. Now can everyone stop *****ing and get on with the round? One of you 2 hurry up and get a good lead so I have some good rush targets!

Rooster

Harvester
ftf like our alliance ScallyWags, we play to play the game with a group of others with similar style. not 24/7 not for top rank, dont whine when we die or quit when we get bashed from above or below. YET.. we still want to do well, win every battle we can or die trying. we are not contactable unless you want to be always a choice of individual.
Have fun, have a life, play Bush

FTW- Better than the rest with a higher goal than the rest.

n0c0ntr0l

Harvester
One of you 2 hurry up and get a good lead so I have some good rush targets!

Good luck rushing ANQ :p 75% eta 3 units.

The stupid thing was WE were meant to be doing the rushing! We mainly had eta 3 units in the hope that byy midrorund the land difference would be big enough that it would be a -1 mod on rushes so we'd hit them at eta 2, giving people no time at all to get on.

This doesn't work if we win.

So if we do, MASS SUICIDE ON BIOMECHANICS!

flameharvester

Head Gardener
LIES LuckySports

you *******s forced me to play this route and then regularly beat me if i speak out of line, be weary of them guys there out to win!!!

/me hides from leeroys rage

avash

Harvester
Heres your FTF allie:

Least Life: Ask No Quarter alliance members have been marked as online for the most amount of ticks.
Most Aggressive: Ask No Quarter alliance members have sent out a total of 2,680 hostile mobs.

Godsend9701

Harvester
LIES LuckySports

you *******s forced me to play this route and then regularly beat me if i speak out of line, be weary of them guys there out to win!!!

/me hides from leeroys rage

his always picking on us, isnt he flamey, and if its not lucky trying to get us killed its leeroy or willy, those meanies :(

Coruba

Head Gardener
Started off that way and again - gone down the gurgler. It is becoming obvious I am not only a crap player but also a crap leader. Permanent solo from here on in once everyone leaves me thinks.

No matter how good a team is imo it is impossible to stop this unless the defence wishes to to be totally zeroed.

XXX (edit) Attacking 15,451,688 Att. for 1 tick
XXX (edit) Attacking 9,555,490 Att. for 1 tick
XXX (edit) Attacking 33,417,743 Att. for 1 tick
XXX (edit) Attacking 55,814,998 Att. for 2 ticks
XXX (edit) Attacking 34,446,063 Att. for 2 ticks
XXX (edit) Attacking 41,775,692 Att. for 2 ticks
XXX (edit) Attacking 20,100,000 Att. for 3 ticks
XXX (edit) Attacking 53,100,000 Att. for 3 ticks
Total Incoming: 320,412,092 hostile

Godsend9701

Harvester
Started off that way and again - gone down the gurgler. It is becoming obvious I am not only a crap player but also a crap leader. Permanent solo from here on in once everyone leaves me thinks.

No matter how good a team is imo it is impossible to stop this unless the defence wishes to to be totally zeroed.

XXX (edit) Attacking 15,451,688 Att. for 1 tick
XXX (edit) Attacking 9,555,490 Att. for 1 tick
XXX (edit) Attacking 33,417,743 Att. for 1 tick
XXX (edit) Attacking 55,814,998 Att. for 2 ticks
XXX (edit) Attacking 34,446,063 Att. for 2 ticks
XXX (edit) Attacking 41,775,692 Att. for 2 ticks
XXX (edit) Attacking 20,100,000 Att. for 3 ticks
XXX (edit) Attacking 53,100,000 Att. for 3 ticks
Total Incoming: 320,412,092 hostile

theres always a way to stop inc like that, it didnt help that ur guys all went into sleepmode, and started to leave