FTW vs FTF

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Dimension recruited FTW before the round and had their alliance profile saying they wanted FTW players and to be competitive. :S
It is sad to see Dimension disbanding but i have no sympathy I'm afraid. Get some new members and stick around.

I very publically told everyone i was going FTF rank 2 with a stupid route set up and every memeber i recruited i told the same thing. It's nice to have some influence though.

Blame n0c0 and 2/3 others for us having rank 1 activity stat. They refresh every tick it seems o_O.
RiF were the most active alliance btw. And most agressive. And most damage. The stats mean nothing ;)

avash

Harvester
Heres your FTF allie:

Least Life: Ask No Quarter alliance members have been marked as online for the most amount of ticks.
Most Aggressive: Ask No Quarter alliance members have sent out a total of 2,680 hostile mobs.

I would suggest sorting your **** together instead of putting worthless labels on other alliances, just so you can have an excuse.

My **** is fine thanks. Everytime I mention it you go mental lol...hit a nerve? Just sayin' most active, makes me laugh so much.

And twigley i know you recruited ftf and you're ftf but the attitude of a fair few members of your allie is not ftf but ftw :)!

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
And twigley i know you recruited ftf and you're ftf but the attitude of a fair few members of your allie is not ftf but ftw :)!

Just because people don't want to win, doesn't mean they have to play badly.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
There are always folks, in every ally.. that want to win :p I guarantee you ask everyone in Discworld and you'll find at least one that will admit to wanting to win..

edd

Tree Surgeon
There are always folks, in every ally.. that want to win :p I guarantee you ask everyone in Discworld and you'll find at least one that will admit to wanting to win..

Personally I don't find I'm having as much fun if I'm not playing to win. It just so happens I'm not very good at winning :p

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Heres your FTF allie:

Least Life: Ask No Quarter alliance members have been marked as online for the most amount of ticks.
Most Aggressive: Ask No Quarter alliance members have sent out a total of 2,680 hostile mobs.

I would suggest sorting your **** together instead of putting worthless labels on other alliances, just so you can have an excuse.

My **** is fine thanks. Everytime I mention it you go mental lol...hit a nerve? Just sayin' most active, makes me laugh so much.

I don't go mental. This is just how I talk. Also it's pretty ridiculous to talk about the attitude of other people without actually playing with them

edd

Tree Surgeon
Heres your FTF allie:

I don't go mental. This is just how I talk. Also it's pretty ridiculous to talk about the attitude of other people without actually playing with them

From experience, Dimitar is nuts.

avash

Harvester

I've played with the majority of your alliance...on more than one occasion for most of them too.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
People's attitude can change in different rounds I'd assume?

Razorwolf

Pruner
lol - most useless and pointless thread ive ever read... wonder why i even bothered -.-;; summary of thread so far....

person 1 "you guys are so ftw... blah blah this is why"

person 2 "nah ah, we are so not ftw"

person 1 "are so"

gonna leave thread now...

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
FTW (For the Win): Ally set up and Playing to maximise the possibillity of it winning, i.e. being the biggest ally at the end.
FTF (For the Fun): Ally set up to prove a point, do something funky or have a spesific goal other than having maximum score value. (i.e. Bribing allies, Being the most honorable ally, Doing the most damage, Staying public all round etc.)
FTH (For the Hell): Allies set up just as a social arena/because soloplay suck and is for tards and scum
Learning Allies: Alliance whose only goal is to teach new players what alliance-play is all about

Seems a lot of people confuse FTF and FTH alllies...

timtadams

Landscape Designer
FTW (For the Win): Ally set up and Playing to maximise the possibillity of it winning, i.e. being the biggest ally at the end.
FTF (For the Fun): Ally set up to prove a point, do something funky or have a spesific goal other than having maximum score value. (i.e. Bribing allies, Being the most honorable ally, Doing the most damage, Staying public all round etc.)
FTH (For the Hell): Allies set up just as a social arena/because soloplay suck and is for tards and scum
Learning Allies: Alliance whose only goal is to teach new players what alliance-play is all about

Seems like you just made up those explanations yourself.

FTW: For the win: Play to win. (i.e. winning is higher priority than having fun)
FTF: For the fun: Play to have fun (i.e. having fun is higher priority than winning)

Steve_God

Official Helper

I quite like those descriptions! :)