FTW vs FTF

Caranthir

Harvester
At the heart of last nights whining troll argument fest were a few arguments over the alliance designations of FTW and FTF, and most of the descriptions of said Alliances I disagreed with, so I just wanted to throw down what I thought about it and let others possibly do the same.

The main things I had a problem with was that a FTF alliance shouldn't be active or plan hits, and I think that is ridiculous. Just because you aren't doing whatever it takes to win, doesn't mean you can't be active and play the game.

Activity:
FTF - some players will be super active, some will not be, no one will be kicked if they are away for a weekend or a week or are uncontactable at certain periods.
FTW - everyone is expected to be active, or at least contactable and need to give advanced notice of times when they will not be online, and risk getting kicked if that period is too long.

Alliance Hits:
FTF - will still put together alliance hits if people will be online to send and someone wants to plan, or just if there are people on to send (just pick an id and go style). Don't expect people to wake up in the middle of the night or cancel plans to be there for a hit.
FTW - launch attacks at odd hours of the morning. Prank people awake to send. Try to get support from other allies in order to secure rank 1.

Route Setups:
FTF - Either whatever the players want to go, or some kind of setup designed to do something a bit crazy.
FTW - Route setup is determined by leaders, players get to choose from specified list. If the route they want to go is not there, too bad.

Caranthir

Harvester
In the HC vs ANQ | Round 43 thread, there was debate as to how many "planned alliance hits' ANQ participated in, and part of the reason is due to what defines a "planned alliance hit".

In my opinion, a planned attack is when a thread is started saying, We are launching at XXX at time XX;XX who will be here and what troops do you have? Then people respond to the thread, and one or two master planners put together the plan of attack.

ANQ has done two of those, both against HC as of this posting.

What some people consider an alliance hit is: There are a bunch of us on, why don't we send at XXX in 3 ticks? Sure, I claim ID XXXX. And people just claim the ID they think they can fight and all send at a similar time based on when troops are home. I dont consider this planned, as it is stupid easy to defend if you have people online since at most it is usually 1 or 2 IDs attacking a single target. (unless you get into the really stupid everyone send 1 tick apart on the same id for the next 20 ticks).

As of this post, I don't know how many ANQ have done. Maybe 4-5 or more, some having 15 people and some having 5. But if you count this as a planned alliance hit, then you are missing out on some good incoming pages. :)

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
summed it up pretty good. i think some people were expecting others to lay down and die or to have a much easier round than it's been so far? not sure. but it's been pretty sad nonetheless.

the arrogance of some of the players this round in their mails during attacks seems like they've never been at a decent rank over others before. it's one thing to be a tired defender and popping off sure... but to send an overwhelming force and then send a mail belittling the target... unnecessary. those players are neither ftw or ftf, but ftl.

avash

Harvester
Activity:
FTF - No one comes on for more than 14 hours in a day. No contactability is required and if there is mass inc, people aren't pranked on to send defence but a prank for those with inc to send out. Like DiP last round and funka this round.
FTW - Everyone is expected to be active, or at least contactable and need to give advanced notice of times when they will not be online, and risk getting kicked if that period is too long.

Alliance Hits:
FTF - No organised mass hits using over 17 of the members with organised plannig.
FTW - Any form of organised attacks in order to steal mass amounts of land and kill troops.

Route Setups:
FTF - No setup produced, everyone goes whatever routes they want. Including things like puppets.
FTW - Route setup is determined by leaders, players get to choose from specified list. If the route they want to go is not there, too bad.

Examples of ftf allies : Funkaphilla, Hypnotad, Drunk in public (from last round), Fashionably late
Examples of ftw allies : ANQ, Heart collectors, Pacifist Warriors, Dimension

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Examples of ftf allies : Funkaphilla, Hypnotad, Drunk in public (from last round), Fashionably late

From what I've seen, FL are hardly a great example of "FTF".

avash

Harvester
From what I've seen, FL are hardly a great example of "FTF".

FL have launched 0 organised attacks this round, even when getting flacked early on, they didn't launch any flack retals. They also haven't done mass organised attacks organised by 1 planner. Furthermore, they have political briber players xD. Just from what I've seen...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
the arrogance of some of the players this round in their mails during attacks seems like they've never been at a decent rank over others before. it's one thing to be a tired defender and popping off sure... but to send an overwhelming force and then send a mail belittling the target... unnecessary. those players are neither ftw or ftf, but ftl.

This. I know a thing or two about arrogance, but these people are just pathetic. Shame on you.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Activity:
FTF - No one comes on for more than 14 hours in a day. No contactability is required and if there is mass inc, people aren't pranked on to send defence but a prank for those with inc to send out. Like DiP last round and funka this round.
FTW - Everyone is expected to be active, or at least contactable and need to give advanced notice of times when they will not be online, and risk getting kicked if that period is too long.

Alliance Hits:
FTF - No organised mass hits using over 17 of the members with organised plannig.
FTW - Any form of organised attacks in order to steal mass amounts of land and kill troops.

Route Setups:
FTF - No setup produced, everyone goes whatever routes they want. Including things like puppets.

I think you might be confusing trying to win with not being incompetent. Also you had a member delete just after our first wave. That's rather FTW-esque. Also I think it'd be better if you just minded your own business instead of putting labels on other alliances. If we're all saying we're FTF then we are. I'd expect any sane person to know what his goals are better than a random faggot who's just pulling facts out of the air (excuse my language)

avash

Harvester
I think you might be confusing trying to win with not being incompetent. Also you had a member delete just after our first wave. That's rather FTW-esque. Also I think it'd be better if you just minded your own business instead of putting labels on other alliances. If we're all saying we're FTF then we are. I'd expect any sane person to know what his goals are better than a random faggot who's just pulling facts out of the air (excuse my language)

Nope, thats just my opinion sorry it doesn't coalign with your opinion. You seem to be geting very angry about my opinion. The whole point of the thread was to state your opinion. Please don't say excuse my language when you don't mean it. Its like saying you're a c*nt, excuse my language. I'm just laughing at how mad you get easily. And him deleting is nothing to do with being ftf/ftw. He is a rager... and it isnt unusual as he's done the same thing in the past. Im just saying the facts of the matter is. If you're ftf we're ftf. If you're ftw, we're ftw. Its that simple. Thanks.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I'm getting angry with your opinion because it doesn't mean anything. It's not based on any facts. I *know* I was recruited to play FTF and now you're telling me that's not what I'm doing? And you're telling me I'm wrong to think that's what I'm doing?

Max

Garden Designer
Whether an alliance is FTW or FTF is mostly determined by the mindset of the players.

So if an alliance has the mindset to be a fun rushing alliance to cause havoc and headaches for the rank 1 team, but turns out to be the best of the competition (aka TBA) then I believe they can win the round but still be considered FTF.

If an alliance is rank 2, but really wants to win, and will fight / resist / try their hardest to do so (regardless of any of the strategies aformentioned) then surely they are considered FTW, because they want to win.

It's all about mindset :)