BIKERS BIKERS BIKERS

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Re: BIKERS BIKERS BIKERS

Alcibiades said:
Steve_God said:
[quote="No-Dachi":5dioa1g4]I realize that Steve probably loves this tactic (along with the rest of the people arguing against this change),
Just to clarify; I hate the tactic... I'd love PoMs to be stronger against Bikers!
However, I realise how over-powered that would make the PoM route if it was ever considered.

So what's wrong with the suggestion to make Bikers just about immune to Prots (other than Prot Leaders for example) and have bikers fire after POM giving your ally or pnap the chance, however small and unlikely, of killing some bikers and helping alleviate the damage. That wouldn't make POMs wildly overpowered, and it would certainly resolve my main issue with bikers. That being the unstoppable nature of their attack.[/quote:5dioa1g4]

I've said it before, take away the biker unit and add an anti-prot unit somewhere in the robotic branches. A crazed-droidlike unit, make let the crazed droid fire INN-NLD or the other way around? It having a high init, but having armour, sounds like the best way to me to have an extra threat against prots that fires directly upon NLD, but still makes it impossible to rush it to higher ranked people.

buckwheat

Weeder

I totally agree with you, one of my pnaps went PoM this round and there was a biker player who was maybe 10% of his score who was constantly biker rushing him, it was like this little nugget never slept, there was only a few times this past week and a half when I could actually catch his inbound attack by spy reports but each time I got the chance to hit him with either my terrors or VD`s he noticed and would recall, so the most I could achieve was to keep him from smacking on all three ticks.

Alcibiades said:
Hello, traditional gripe time. Bikers need serious changinggggggggggggg as i've posted a BAZILLLION times before.

most recent BRs, 210 bill lost to some smeg-head with bikers who wasn't even trying to land. I think it's absurd that i get that much damage without any damage returned. Or any ability to fight back. smeg it.

This is NOT a suggestion thread.
This is NOT a thread for you to flame me.
This is NOT a thread for you to tell me how to 'defend against bikers', i know how, they're all smeg.

This IS a thread for me to gripe my frustrations out.
This IS a thread that doesn't need to be posted in any further. There are discussion threads for this.
This IS a thread that makes me feel better about myself.

The End. Finis.

Silence

Head Gardener

I suggest that bikers cost is reduced and the unit is made eta 6 making it unable to rush without potential RPG/PA defence.

dafe

Harvester

i agree with alci on this one...its just bollocks to see liek 200bil+ worth of nlds go down the drain without even getting any eff(or very lil) because the guy is too tiny yet he does massive dmg to you....and a good solution might indeed be the bikers firing after poms so the tiny guys with a mil bikers cant rape your 20mil poms

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

* Bikers now fire after Political Masterminds, though their armour damage and health damage has increased significantly.

Suck on that all you haters.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

Steve_God said:
w00t!
Now I can be a PoM and be even more untouched than previously! ;)

Lol, I doubt you'll go around untouched, what with all those GILFs in this game. :O

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Alcibiades said:
* Bikers now fire after Political Masterminds, though their armour damage and health damage has increased significantly.

Oh boy, lets see how long is that change going to last :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

f0xx said:
Alcibiades said:

Oh boy, lets see how long is that change going to last :p

It'll need some altering to be sure ;) but the general idea is nice and sticks it nicely ;)

roger rabbit

Harvester

Pansies.jpg

Bengy

Planter

I never understood why it wasn't like this in the first place. Ive played POms like 4 rounds now and this change in no way really affects people who launch full scale attacks with all thug units but just the people who see fit to try and rush a few million unflakked bikers to get some kills as they will undoubtly all get distracted, whereas the bikers sent in a full scale attack will most likely still get through, meaning their effectiveness isn't hindered and their buff makes up for how many might get distracted.

Good Change i think.

Elderveld

Official Helper

I was the highest PoM last round, Godsend was close to me.
But i have never EVER been biker rushed by random people last round when i was at the top. I got hit 2 times by a biker, but he sended pb/jeeps/flak/geos along whit it to land on me.

might be cause i had like 400k hypnos, other than that. i feared marines more than bikers. (damn armor flak!:()

roger rabbit

Harvester

Elderveld said:
But i have never EVER been biker rushed by random people last round when i was at the top. I got hit 2 times by a biker, but he sended pb/jeeps/flak/geos along whit it to land on me.

might be cause i had like 400k hypnos, other than that. i feared marines more than bikers. (damn armor flak!:()

umm...you were in doro which had the highest ranked thugs, meaning you were safe from getting hit by them. otherwise im sure you would have been a tasty target if it weren't for you being in doro :D

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

roger rabbit said:
Elderveld said:

umm...you were in doro which had the highest ranked thugs, meaning you were safe from getting hit by them. otherwise im sure you would have been a tasty target if it weren't for you being in doro :D

Apart from that, it's not really the big POMs you have to worry about. It's the little POMs, the ones allied who had to worry about biker rushes in war etc. So frankly, your 'experience' means nothing at this stage.

nopjes

Head Gardener

Steve_God said:
Solution:
1) Get Hypnos
2) Get 100 mil of them (or whatever number is needed for that point in the round...)
3) Send out all your prots at the last second and steal every one of them

Easy as pie ;)

why would a pom want bikers? to attack other poms?