BIKERS BIKERS BIKERS

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Hello, traditional gripe time. Bikers need serious changinggggggggggggg as i've posted a BAZILLLION times before.

most recent BRs, 210 bill lost to some ******* with bikers who wasn't even trying to land. I think it's absurd that i get that much damage without any damage returned. Or any ability to fight back. **** it.

This is NOT a suggestion thread.
This is NOT a thread for you to flame me.
This is NOT a thread for you to tell me how to 'defend against bikers', i know how, they're all bullshit.

This IS a thread for me to gripe my frustrations out.
This IS a thread that doesn't need to be posted in any further. There are discussion threads for this.
This IS a thread that makes me feel better about myself.

The End. Finis.

Max

Garden Designer
Re: BIKERS BIKERS BIKERS

Good for you! Vent those frustrations, then turn them against smaller players who you can beat with ease using the awesome Political Mastermind :D

roger rabbit

Harvester

repetitive gripe...or cyclical if you prefer.

on the verge of being spam.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Alcibiades said:
This IS a thread that doesn't need to be posted in any further. There are discussion threads for this.

Now you know how that SA guy feels. You also know how that RPG guy, that striker guy, that Bunker, that undead guy and that sorc guy feel when you steal their land and they can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING against you :)

PS. I am sure I missed a route which can easily get flakked by a POM player as I am sure that some smart ass will come here and point a finger at me just because I missed it.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

HAI GUISE!

WUT GOIN ON UP IN 'ERE?

I gotta complain about SLEEPING GAS TRAPS.

IF THEY ASLEEP! HOW DO THEY BLOCK!?! lulz

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Garrett said:
HAI GUISE!

WUT GOIN ON UP IN 'ERE?

I gotta complain about SLEEPING GAS TRAPS.

IF THEY ASLEEP! HOW DO THEY BLOCK!?! lulz

Because when you step on them the WAKE UP and BITE your F@%&ING FACE OFF!! :D
(Luckily, in Bushtarion-world having ypur face bitten off is not a lethal injury, so except having a lot of butt-ugly farmers afterwards, nothing of value is lost...)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

f0xx said:
Alcibiades said:

Now you know how that SA guy feels. You also know how that RPG guy, that striker guy, that Bunker, that undead guy and that sorc guy feel when you steal their land and they can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING against you :)

An absolutely bollocks response and you, sir, of all people, should know that. The comparison is absurd.

Roger Rabbit: You don't have to read what you find repetitive.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Any unit which allow someone worth 10% of a target the opportunity to do damage with no real risk could use with some tweaking.

I think it have been suggested that bikers should fire after PoMs, but have a large bonus on their AR vs PoMs. That way, just sending 1 mill bikers vs 10 mill PoMs would make very little sense., but 10 mill bikes vs 10 mill PoMs would do serious damage, I approve of that idea.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Enrico said:
Any unit which allow someone worth 10% of a target the opportunity to do damage with no real risk could use with some tweaking.

I think it have been suggested that bikers should fire after PoMs, but have a large bonus on their AR vs PoMs. That way, just sending 1 mill bikers vs 10 mill PoMs would make very little sense., but 10 mill bikes vs 10 mill PoMs would do serious damage, I approve of that idea.

Agreed.

And Alci, you should know better than to bother griping by now. All that happens is you get flamed to crap.

Bikers are extremely annoying, but it's like the ONLY downside to PoMs. Sure, they can't kill anything, but they're awesome for stealing land, they are pretty much invincible against most enemies, and they're great for defence. The only problem I have is that any noob can attack me with a few bikers and know they're not going to lose anything (if I'm offline and don't get PA defence and stuff). There does need to be some way of defending a biker rush without getting the PoM online, and I think the best answer is the one Enrico posted.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

nameless you're jealous.

F0xx: you're comparing apples and oranges. Balance is not incurred when one unit can attack with utter and total impunity another one. period. Game, set and match.

toby: i know better than to gripe but as i posted, no one should feel obligated to respond, i've started a number of threads on the discussion of bikers and that's fine. This is a gripe, a place to *****, to moan and i'm fine with that. apparently some players aren't okay with that idea but **** 'em. I enjoy watching supposedly 'elite' players flame me 'to crap' with their bollocks-ly superior answers as if i haven't played POM for rounds.

Sure f0xx, i'll bet you know 90% more about this game than i do, but none of the examples you posted is the same as the biker vs POM problem. None of the units you have written about are able to attack their targets with impunity. Even POM usually take a bit of losses, and if you're smart enough to get thug defence, the POM is in an awful lot of trouble, for the most part. Now maybe i'm not as 'elite' as you are, and i haven't got the technical bushtarion skill that you have, but i take offense at an assumption of my 'newbie-ness' and that i simply don't know how to play POMs and that they deserve an anti unit that allows impervious attacking. You are, with all due respect f0xx, full of ****, sir.

Steve_God

Official Helper

Solution:
1) Get Hypnos
2) Get 100 mil of them (or whatever number is needed for that point in the round...)
3) Send out all your prots at the last second and steal every one of them

Easy as pie ;)

Garrett

Landscape Designer

And Just what do you consider a mastermind, you know? I mean if they were so smart and politically connected don't you think they would be able to outsmart biker rushes? MASTERMINDS! HA!

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Alcibiades said:
Sure f0xx, i'll bet you know 90% more about this game than i do, but none of the examples you posted is the same as the biker vs POM problem. None of the units you have written about are able to attack their targets with impunity. Even POM usually take a bit of losses, and if you're smart enough to get thug defence, the POM is in an awful lot of trouble, for the most part. Now maybe i'm not as 'elite' as you are, and i haven't got the technical bushtarion skill that you have, but i take offense at an assumption of my 'newbie-ness' and that i simply don't know how to play POMs and that they deserve an anti unit that allows impervious attacking. You are, with all due respect f0xx, full of ****, sir.

Now, where did I mention anything about you being newb? Or that you lack skill? Or perhaps I mentioned something about me being more "elite" (as you say it) than you? I do not know why you take it so serious, but honestly, I couldn't care less. You decide to offend AND attack me personally and in public, while me on the other side is doing nothing else than stating my own personal opinion which in no way, as I already said, offends or insults you.

Now I will be the more mature person and will not insult back (surprised eh?). As I already stated in my example (the example which you choose to ignore saying "Oh, but it is not the same") the POM route can with minimal or no losses flak almost any route out there. Does this route, deserve such a strong anti unit? People like alci who play POMs this round will say no and will gripe for the existance of such. Ok, fine with me, people chose to ignore balance for personal gains sometimes. Nothing new.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

There is nothing balanced about having a unit fire with impunity. Period.

Your tone is what conveyed a sense of erm, entitlement and superiority and i took some mild offense to that. As i said in my original post, i didn't really want solutions or smartass comments, but you people felt it necessary to do it anyways. Pardon me for having a short temper and getting irritated ;)

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Alcibiades said:
As i said in my original post, i didn't really want solutions or smartass comments, but you people felt it necessary to do it anyways.

Aye, that is what we do with stupid gripes.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Steve_God said:
Solution:
1) Get Hypnos
2) Get 100 mil of them (or whatever number is needed for that point in the round...)
3) Send out all your prots at the last second and steal every one of them

Easy as pie ;)

As I said, there needs to be some possible defence against bikers if you're not online. An alliance is pretty much powerless against a biker rush if they can't get the target online. So you have 17 ally mates who can't do a single thing to help you. No other route has that problem. And besides, not everyone can get hypnos.

And f0xx, you're completely right that the PoM can attack and land for practically no losses. But I think the flip side of that is that PoMs are non-lethal. But as well as being non-lethal, they have a unit that can rape them with absolutely no risk, which is slightly unfair. If bikers had a massive armour bonus against PoMs but fired after them (so that the PoMs were practically useless at stopping them) they would still be able to kill PoMs pretty easily if there is no defence, but it gives alliances a possibility of defending biker rushes.

DS - I'm PoM and I hate them as well. Give me back my TLs :cry: