some competision.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
As for you "FTF" alliances, well those that call themselves FTF... You would not be involved in fighting at the top, waking up several times a night, planning mass attacks, *****ing, or whining if you were FTF so stop lying to yourselves and everyone else.

Res can pretty easily claim to be FTF, most of us don't wake up for attacks. If we are online, we send, if not, we don't :p

As far as defense? People woke up in my training alliance last round for defense. That doesn't make them FTW, that makes them willing to help others (different story if you ONLY wake up to send away.. and then go back to sleep w/o defending.. but thats a different story)

And silence pretty much whacked it on the head. Even a FTF alliance can't completely dismiss the opportunity to grow w/o competition, or to take land when it is easy.

And just for the record, we did see dRAGE as the bigger threat, even if they weren't officially FTW, we knew they were much more capable players than what we find in Alpha (Nothing against you guys either) if it had come to a 1v1 between us and dRAGE, we hold no illusions that we would have held out for long..

Although, I also hold no illusions.. It would definitely be more fun to attack if I had more than 4 solo targets.. :p

Last edited:

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

your statement about such stuff is wrong

bribemania is not the only true ftf around.

There are plenty of FTF I was only generalizing to prove a point regarding Res and Rage.

and Cfalcon, i know most of you had to know what was going to happen... but having your alliance members bad mouth aphall and saying how bad the other alliances are is a joke. Out of all the alliances to be on the 1 side of a 2 v 1 this round rage is the only one to mass sleep... I had 15 guys at one point and we kept on fighting to eventually bounce back.

Hero, apart from a select few, no one is saying how bad the other alliances are. I do have a problem with you making yourself look much better than we are/were.
We hit sleep because a few people asked for 3 days of rest. We didn't hit sleep because we thought you'd hit on eachother. Ffs, we are all experienced enough to know that that would never happen... We wouldn't have done that either, so why expect you would?
Yes, respect to the people who kept on fighting in your alliance, but your situation is completely different to ours. We had been in a war with you for 1.5 weeks BEFORE being 2v1'd. That's a completely different story to being 2v1'd after not being in a war.
Furthermore, you would only have a select few tired people after 1.5w anyway, after you kickraped half your alliance.

So, comparing our situation to any other alliance, is nonsense.

When you're in a game where a fair few people at the top are 100% contactable, and scores are comparable (at one point all three of us had about equal score), a war becomes more a war of attrition. We lost on that mainly because of timing, imho. But still, as I said in the other topic as well as in this post, good job on you, ryu-, recon and the other people who kept going in apha.

Silence

Head Gardener
Lord help me for saying this...

ROFL FUNNY JOKE. Wouldn't it make sense to take a stab at someone who wasn't being fair?

Lord help me for saying this...

Silence seems to be the only person making sense at all.

Because I like to be objective, rather than someone who thinks if they post a load of bollocks they will win a forums war o.0

Lookie what we got here! Maybe I can clear some things up, from my point of view of course.

You didn't actually clear anything up, I was going to deconstruct your post but I can't be bothered. Let's just say that when you speculate about someone else's position try not to make it come across like empirical fact, as you are wrong.

I find it ironic that all of you constant FTW people that do more bashing and waving than any other group is whining about being farmed... not to mention pulling the "causing more people to quit" card since you guys are the ones that laugh at others who do that same thing every round. Nice one!

Agreed, I disliked that also.

If Aphallatosis and Res are soooo bad like dax and iof claim why was Aphall dominating at the start.

Ignore their pathetic political point scoring? As its clearly bollocks. Although I don't recall them saying that maybe I haven't read enough? Correct me if you find evidence please

You immediately ran to Res and began a 2 v 1 on us that actually didn't do a whole lot for having so much of a score/land lead vs us by ourselves.

Now I do recall a post made by IoF showing that you did have a big lead. Which was a fair post. Don't deny it

Secondly you have played the 'We weren't **** because we were miles ahead' card. So I find that a tad hypocritical. So you were the best and miles ahead, yet not that far ahead? Hm I find that difficult to understand. Maybe I'm not following that jumbled sentence?

Res didn't want to see the round end so they attacked Rage which gave me a little time to recruit people and refill my alliance.

Speaking on behalf of another group like it is empirical fact. Someone from res should confirm that really. To be honest, they probably didn't care and wanted some fun. Excuse my speculation.

Mass sleep mode after 2 waves from rank 2 and 3?!? many lulz to that. Especially since you actually thought sleeping and letting Res pass you was going to make you less of a target.

More speculation with no fact. We had a bunch of people with other commitments. We had a fair few who could not play over the weekend.

Thanks you again for not being like those others silence. Though do enjoy listening to them be the ones whining about the same **** they pull every round.

Shame you're like them.

As for you "FTF" alliances, well those that call themselves FTF... You would not be involved in fighting at the top, waking up several times a night, planning mass attacks, *****ing, or whining if you were FTF so stop lying to yourselves and everyone else.

A previous post of mine explained this. If a group of experienced players sense a chance at winning, they will go for it. dRage Quit did, but failed. Fun whilst we tried.

As for you "FTF" alliances, well those that call themselves FTF...
[bla bla bla]

You know what you find fun in the game, dont speak for the rest of us, what i find fun could be and probably is the total opposite to you. I don't see any fun in winning (been there done that bought and sold the tshirt many times) the fact that you do is fine for you. I'm happy to go into wars and lose. And be in a ftf alliance is the way to do that (for me anyway).

This responds to that well.

Hero, apart from a select few, no one is saying how bad the other alliances are. I do have a problem with you making yourself look much better than we are/were. [...] Furthermore, you would only have a select few tired people after 1.5w anyway, after you kickraped half your alliance.

This.

I especially like the second part as I recall you sending our HQ an angry mail about how you wouldn't kick rape anyone from your alliance. Maybe they left, if they did, whoops.

But to contradictions and hypocrisy are fun to spot.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Hero, apart from a select few, no one is saying how bad the other alliances are. I do have a problem with you making yourself look much better than we are/were. [...] Furthermore, you would only have a select few tired people after 1.5w anyway, after you kickraped half your alliance.

This.

I especially like the second part as I recall you sending our HQ an angry mail about how you wouldn't kick rape anyone from your alliance. Maybe they left, if they did, whoops.

But to contradictions and hypocrisy are fun to spot.

as is political propaganda

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
For whoever said Bribe were the only ally who didnt complain when they get incs, clearly havn't read the mails we get every single time we have 4/5 people hitting them.

Davs

Garden Designer
What kind of alliance *isn't* "ftf"? Seems like a pointless label to me.

As an outsider, this is the first post that has made any real sense to me.

Stop assuming that if a group intends to play for fun that they won't attempt to win. Those who play to win usually do so because they find winning fun. Ergo, they're playing for fun.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
What kind of alliance *isn't* "ftf"? Seems like a pointless label to me.

As an outsider, this is the first post that has made any real sense to me.

Stop assuming that if a group intends to play for fun that they won't attempt to win. Those who play to win usually do so because they find winning fun. Ergo, they're playing for fun.

You're a liar Davs, stop coming in and giving your n00b opinion on everything.
Nobody who is FTF can be FTW. Your logic (as a certain person once said), is illogical. dRQ 4 DA award.

NoobCake

Planter
For the record I have not kick raped anyone this round so I have no idea where those comments from Hobbe and Silence are coming from. Though I expect Silence's was based completely on what Hobbe said. You are more than welcome to confirm with anyone in my alliance if you like; or better yet, anyone that has quit/left/been kicked from the alliance. You would have to do something pretty bad to be kick raped from an alliance that I lead.

Furthermore, IoF did make a post about us having a lead... That "lead" came less than 36 hours into our initial war between each other after we had started to beat them... When it started we were nearly identical for score/land. So you are saying that as soon as someone gains an advantage in a fair and even fight they should automatically run for help... I do not blame them, it is the only reason they did not die to begin with. I mean if you can't compete you have every right to get backup. I just find it funny that people make it out like we were 50% bigger and zomg resistance!!! When in fact it was just us that were barely starting to win an even and fair fight :p

Fair play, I cannot speak for another alliance or speculate as to what they were thinking/planning/doing. So I will add, "from our/my point of view" to all of those statements haha.

Silence

Head Gardener
For the record I have not kick raped anyone this round so I have no idea where those comments from Hobbe and Silence are coming from. Though I expect Silence's was based completely on what Hobbe said.

Private Sent by: Hero Sun 12th Sep, 2010. 15:35:40 GMT
Subject:
Wasn't meant a's a direct insult tbh. Just makes me laugh that people try so much and I ways get the mail like they thought they had a chance. Yea you guys have killed the same few people a couple of times. New dads and stuff deserve some slack, if I were a douche like iof I'd have kick raped them in their sleep by now and let in many of the active a contactable people that have applied. A couple from your group e
but it is a game, and we will fight to win it on our own without running to others :)

Sun 7th Aug, year 2. Early hours New Membership Request 18th Sep 17:15
[Anonymous player] has requested to join the alliance.
Recruitment Message: '[Player X] - very active- was kick raped from apha when i went on vacation. need a place to grow back'.

Seems Hobbezak was right

The issue here is whether or not this anonymous player was telling the truth about being kick raped. Now he has no reason to lie, he could have easily just said he left, as a potential recruiter we probably would have preferred someone who had left because of a fall out with the leader rather than he was kicked because he was slacking. So I'm again speculating, but in my opinion it doesn't seem like he would be lying.

Last edited:

NoobCake

Planter
Either that person IS lying or it was when Bruce was still leading...

As for that mail, it just shows even more how i feel about Kick-Raping people so I fail to see why you would post it :p

Davis

Tree Surgeon
Just to clear things up, FTF doesn't nessisarily mean "for the fun" i've always been under the impression it was
"For The Fail"
:p however this has made it quite apparent its not so i guess my original ideas were wrong.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
okay.. how about instead of FTF, we say NFTW? :p Make things "simple" and easy to understand

nobody

Beginner
For whoever said Bribe were the only ally who didnt complain when they get incs, clearly havn't read the mails we get every single time we have 4/5 people hitting them.

as you noted, BM moaned to you when an ally 3 times its size attacked but most importantly, no one from BM came here to publicly complain. big distinction.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

as you noted, BM moaned to you when an ally 3 times its size attacked but most importantly, no one from BM came here to publicly complain. big distinction.

Complaining in-game is generally anonymous..

doing so on the forums lets people know who they need to flame.

Takes more to come on here and whine than to do so in a PM in-game :p

But both are kinda lame..