some competision.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Blah, blah, blah. Don't forget that mail Godsend had sent out - I did manage to C/P it before an admin took it down (for whatever reason).
Both top alliances are appalling - My reasoning simply is, if they were any good, one of them would be dead. I was intending to quit after this round anyway - Have fun with another 20 less players, tbh.

GS is a moody individual.. :p

If everyone quit once their alliance got beat down, I wouldn't be playing this round.. In fact, you would be one of the reasons I wouldn't be playing, as you did last round EXACTLY what we did this round. You saw easy land and went for it, bashing an alliance in the process.

I can't say I have ever enjoyed bashing an alliance, buts its not like you are a bunch of new players who are only kept afloat by a core of decent players. You have plenty of people who know how to play, and to fight.

If/when my alliance gets bashed this round (which will probably happen eventually) You won't see me complaining that the alliances involved are doing anything I wouldn't do. We have plenty of players perfectly capable of doing well..

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Blah, blah, blah. Don't forget that mail Godsend had sent out - I did manage to C/P it before an admin took it down (for whatever reason).
Both top alliances are appalling - My reasoning simply is, if they were any good, one of them would be dead. I was intending to quit after this round anyway - Have fun with another 20 less players, tbh.

Yeah DAMN THOSE TOP ALLIANCES. They killed the alliance which they felt were the most threat. So thats perfectly acceptable.

And an FYI talk for youself rather than the alliance as a whole. I certainly will not quit playing just because I got killed. That would be hypocritical as Ive been on the attacking side of bashing before.

Get over it, quit whining. Its boring.

fu Silence.
Stop making these excellent posts or you'll overtake me on rep on these boards again. *monobrow anger face* |: (

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
And an FYI talk for youself rather than the alliance as a whole. I certainly will not quit playing just because I got killed. That would be hypocritical as Ive been on the attacking side of bashing before.

Who said anything about everyone quitting? It was in regard to 20 players no longer being in the brunt of everything, not everyone quitting.
I didn't quit because I died - In fact, I was one of the few left alive, I just decided I didn't like the thug route at all, then was just bored of playing when I restarted. Why continue when you find no longer find a game fun?
You made an implication of my being incompetent within IRC, but I didn't see much of you waking up at night to help organise things defensively - Nor have I ever played thug route before. It was alright, but definitely not to my play style at all.

Regarding Lucky's response - Bashing, you say? WFM never even attacked once as an alliance, so what are you actually trying to say?
/facepalm

Silence

Head Gardener

Who said anything about everyone quitting? It was in regard to 20 players no longer being in the brunt of everything, not everyone quitting.
I didn't quit because I died - In fact, I was one of the few left alive, I just decided I didn't like the thug route at all, then was just bored of playing when I restarted. Why continue when you find no longer find a game fun?
You made an implication of my being incompetent within IRC, but I didn't see much of you waking up at night to help organise things defensively - Nor have I ever played thug route before. It was alright, but definitely not to my play style at all.

Well I think the issue which needs to be addressed first is the one which you so brilliantly ignored. You instantly left out the "Aren't the top alliances appalling" therefore I don't think that it is wrong for me to suggest that that statement was wrong as they are playing the diplomatic situation at the time well.

Secondly, dRage quit were never supposed to be at the brunt of anything. Thats why I joined. I didn't want to be contactable, I didn't want to play for the win. It was a lot of fun while we tried, we failed. Too bad. I had fun regardless.

Your third point is the incessant whining again so I'll leave that one.

And finally I didn't wake up for defence because well, I just didn't want to. I made it clear when I joined that I'd plan attacks but not be woken up. I was woken up I think twice. So really I went beyond what I signed up to do.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Well I think the issue which needs to be addressed first is the one which you so brilliantly ignored. You instantly left out the "Aren't the top alliances appalling" therefore I don't think that it is wrong for me to suggest that that statement was wrong as they are playing the diplomatic situation at the time well.

Nah, I just thought you might actually of understood what I meant when I posted - The idea that after very much taking out the opposition, that they attack one another. The constant stalemate is just boring to hear about. If either were competent, there would be actual battling going on, and even you cannot contend that point.
A war declaration with so little fighting? BORING.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
I love you Silence :D

Hurray!!!!!!! We had fun whilst it lasted :D

I want to play again without all that 'lets try and win' :(

Agreed, i think after NOMW i actually vowed not to play ftw again, and then ended up doing so here :(

Problem with such a supposedly capable and active lineup was always going to be the temptation to go for the win

ahh well, back to plan A, chilling out and trying to enjoy the game ^_^

Davis

Tree Surgeon
Seems like Apha are the only alliance that can admit to being FTW :p quite funny one of the most undecided, exciting rounds of a long time and there was still only "one ftw"

Silence

Head Gardener
Seems like Apha are the only alliance that can admit to being FTW :p quite funny one of the most undecided, exciting rounds of a long time and there was still only "one ftw"

Easily explained when you think about it.

Aphallatosis were the best; big lead at the start.

Then got killed by 2 v 1 because there were two decent ftf alliances who had no intention of winning. These two alliances fancied some fun so decided to resist because its entertaining.

Subsequently an opportunity arose. And even if an alliance claims they are ftf if there is a possibility of winning they will obviously give it a little try. (Obviously I'm speculating about the intentions of Res of Meus Votum, but I don't think they are *too* unfair, feel free to correct me)

So really its not funny, its just because there were 3 large-ish alliances and the best one (IN MY OPINION) got killed because they had too much incoming from two alliances at once, and I suppose the two ftf alliances, who were fairly active, wanted some kind of revenge.

bluehen55

Harvester
Really spot on I'd say silence. I don't think anyone began the round thinking about winning, but once Aph came back to the pack it looked like an interesting round that sparked some of us to want to give it a go. However, at the same time no one wanted to impose activity or contactability requirements on those who didn't sign up for ftw play, leaving the alliance as a whole kind of stuck in the middle, and helping to lead to the stalemate you see now.

Ryu

Pruner
Lookie what we got here! Maybe I can clear some things up, from my point of view of course.

First, let me start off by saying I have a heavy hand in Apha from attacks, to defending, to politics.

Secondly, yes - This alliance was created with the COMPLETE intention to go ftw. No denying it. We took a HUGE lead in the beginning and dRage/Res came together with a descent Resistance at the time which was too much for us to handle. In the aftermath, dRage and Apha go to war with each other after the dust settles and Res pretty much take a back seat ride to it all - grabbing land from where they could from lower alliances and generally have no incoming.

dRage eventually pulled ahead through all this, and guess what.. Apha/Res returned the 2v1 favor. Tough luck. This basically puts dRage out of the picture after awhile. Imo, most of you lost interest.

Third, Apha and Res are in a DECLARED war state ingame. Shortly after declaring war, we attempted a 4am mass attack which ended up badly for us. We attempted a few more attacks, but at this point we were either killing off troops or trading land - Seemed almost completely pointless if you asked me. So, the great minds came together. Our plan was to cease planned attacks on Res during the winter months and just outgrow them. Sorry dRage, you were just land farms to us. Again, tough luck.

Now, as it stands. There are 3 allies in the top.. 2 claim to be FTF and 1 claims to be FTW. Time will only tell what happens. But, looks like S2S is gonna pass Res.

For the record, Res is pretty inactive and have quite a few who sleep mode almost on a daily basis. Their max online and during attacks is pretty low.. So for those complaining about them, saying they can't be FTF.. Quit crying.

Toodles! <3

NoobCake

Planter
Lord help me for saying this...

Silence seems to be the only person making sense at all.

I find it ironic that all of you constant FTW people that do more bashing and waving than any other group is whining about being farmed... not to mention pulling the "causing more people to quit" card since you guys are the ones that laugh at others who do that same thing every round. Nice one!

If Aphallatosis and Res are soooo bad like dax and iof claim why was Aphall dominating at the start. Why did Aphal wait for you to get caught up in score and even pass us in land by a bit (omg you bashed OMG and bribemania you almost caused them all to quit!!) and then fight you 1 on 1 and completely dominate the first 24-36 hours of the "war."

You immediately ran to Res and began a 2 v 1 on us that actually didn't do a whole lot for having so much of a score/land lead vs us by ourselves. We were unlucky with the Server D/C and lost several big people due to them not being able to log in and send out so some quit...

Res didn't want to see the round end so they attacked Rage which gave me a little time to recruit people and refill my alliance. Rage was a fairly clear rank 1 when they attacked and due to being turned down by ogluk what FEW people we had that could... joined in as well.

Mass sleep mode after 2 waves from rank 2 and 3?!? many lulz to that. Especially since you actually thought sleeping and letting Res pass you was going to make you less of a target. When you came out of sleep the same thing happened as it does every round when an alliance mass sleep modes... The others take advantage and strike before they can gather themselves haha. There was no working together, it was a race for land by two alliances that outplayed you guys strategically. Though i agree that Res missed out on an opportunity and never really did much fighting to gain their rank, but why would they if they didn't have too?

Thanks you again for not being like those others silence. Though do enjoy listening to them be the ones whining about the same **** they pull every round.

As for you "FTF" alliances, well those that call themselves FTF... You would not be involved in fighting at the top, waking up several times a night, planning mass attacks, *****ing, or whining if you were FTF so stop lying to yourselves and everyone else.

Go Bribemania for being the only TRUE FTF alliance and not *****ing every time you get inc. I know i have seen inc on them from Res, rage, and S2S at some points all together... though i don't see them whining like you others?!?!?

Cheers,

P.S.

Do not believe a word Ryu says, he is nothing more than my play thing and has no real thoughts or opinions that matter! ;)

CFalcon

Official Helper
Mass sleep mode after 2 waves from rank 2 and 3?!? many lulz to that. Especially since you actually thought sleeping and letting Res pass you was going to make you less of a target.

Apart from this line, I agree with your post. We were under no illusions about what sleep mode would achieve. We knew we'd be jumped on as soon as it was over. We just needed a few days rest. As it turns out it made no difference, but the feeling at the time was that the only way we even had a hope of fighting Res and Aphal at once was to be well rested. Key players were already exhausted from the war with Aphal.

NoobCake

Planter

your statement about such stuff is wrong

bribemania is not the only true ftf around.

There are plenty of FTF I was only generalizing to prove a point regarding Res and Rage.

and Cfalcon, i know most of you had to know what was going to happen... but having your alliance members bad mouth aphall and saying how bad the other alliances are is a joke. Out of all the alliances to be on the 1 side of a 2 v 1 this round rage is the only one to mass sleep... I had 15 guys at one point and we kept on fighting to eventually bounce back.

Ryu

Pruner
Lord help me for saying this...

P.S.

Do not believe a word Ryu says, he is nothing more than my play thing and has no real thoughts or opinions that matter! ;)

I was hoping you wouldn't come on here. Sorry master!

/bows down

Angela

Harvester
As for you "FTF" alliances, well those that call themselves FTF... You would not be involved in fighting at the top, waking up several times a night, planning mass attacks, *****ing, or whining if you were FTF so stop lying to yourselves and everyone else.

You know what you find fun in the game, dont speak for the rest of us, what i find fun could be and probably is the total opposite to you. I don't see any fun in winning (been there done that bought and sold the tshirt many times) the fact that you do is fine for you. I'm happy to go into wars and lose. And be in a ftf alliance is the way to do that (for me anyway).