Round 45 Awards discussion

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
Imagine how hard they'd rape you if they weren't lazy. Trex would be out two days after round start.

yeah.. I know I'm not the only one on the alliance that is thanking their lucky stars that everyone was so lazy and not attacking us!! :lol:
We would have folded like a deck of cards for sure..

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Originally Posted by Hamilton
* Alliance of the round - TTB: Deserved it as we were way too lazy

I am having a real hard time seeing the insane contactability for the entire round as being lazy. I had no choice but to not be a SQ if I wanted any BR's at all from you guys. gold encrusted Kudos!! I only remember like two attacks where there were less than 5 defenders (usually mid ticking me :( )) and one of those was where I accidentally caught you going into sleep. Which by the way I almost blew it LOL was just about to hit recall to go into class figuring it would be like all the others and massively defended but decided to read a pols post first which said; "wave was delayed due to James landing his attack!! :O WTF omg omg omg

I keep hearing about this "insance contactability" Where were you seeing this? 5-6 people were reliably contactable throughout the round.. almost everyone else had to be dragged online to send defense.. Most of the time, the only defenders were those online + 2-3 of the reliable folks that we could get online. I wasn't even one of the reliable contactable folks..

edd

Tree Surgeon
For te part I was involved in, you guys were very contactable at Round start, sometimes all 20 of you would be online for your retals but always 17/18. I don't think we had 20 on for a planned attack let alone being pranked on for defense.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
... cant be true we had 4 booted for being inactive and not responding to pranks... including me :p

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
all I can say is you guys have done one hella good job then at faking activity :O ...
and to those you have dragged on it would have made for a good show as a tractor pull.. because it was remarked upon many many times that you guys seemed to appear en-mass nearly each and every time to turn away even 3-4 on same tick..

flameharvester

Head Gardener
lol true, but it took alot of work :p

You have never had a phone bill till you have had to prank LS 9 times and beasteh 6 times - 3 or 4 times a night for 2 weeks solid :D

LuckySports

Landscape Designer

You have never had a phone bill till you have had to prank LS 9 times and beasteh 6 times - 3 or 4 times a night for 2 weeks solid :D

I've had to refill my skype twice this round. and I spent a good week or 2 solo and was pretty inactive anyway.. :p I can usually get somebody online.. but it takes a LOT of work to do so. Gone are the rounds when 1-2 pranks each has the whole alliance on pretty much :(

Early round was a bit different, had a different mindset I guess, most would respond quick enough. mid-late round has been a nightmare.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

I've had to refill my skype twice this round. and I spent a good week or 2 solo and was pretty inactive anyway.. :p I can usually get somebody online.. but it takes a LOT of work to do so. Gone are the rounds when 1-2 pranks each has the whole alliance on pretty much :(

Early round was a bit different, had a different mindset I guess, most would respond quick enough. mid-late round has been a nightmare.

I absolutely agree with this - If the group had a universally good mindset from the get-go, I'd imagine a far more different turnout.

edd

Tree Surgeon
I don't. And it's not really something you can think accurately about since you weren't there during the most part of the war (yes we all saw your message to max saying
had you joined the ally earlier you'd have had 10 or 15m harriers and we would hve been dominated by you).

Last edited:

Zaheen

BANNED
As Zaheen said, you shouldn't be able to get player of the round solo/allied unless you are solo/allied the entire round. So I appreciate the votes for best leader James/Nitrous/Dooboo but I dont deserve it for just 20-25 glorious days in TTB.
You nubje, what I said applies to solos only.

:vamp:

Last edited:

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I don't. And it's not really something you can think accurately about since you weren't there during the most part of the war (yes we all saw your message to max saying
had you joined the ally earlier you'd have had 10 or 15m harriers and we would hve been dominated by you).

26435055.jpg

I didn't even want to join unless I was actually needed - And like it or not, FNG's starting lineup potential far outweighed TTB's, had they actually performed to their normal degree. Dispute all you like, but dat's how it is.

edd

Tree Surgeon
I would say this core of players has been going 4/5 rounds ( around where hero/Hamilton/tiger joined Angela/lucky and others) and they have finished 1st once so I would say their usual level is about rank 2 anyway. You can dispute ftw mindset all you like but to me, what matters is if you are willing to dig in and fight regardless of how many contactable players you have. We were fortunate to have 16 or 17 and even though a few were on holiday everybody in TTB wanted to put up a good fight. If you don't share that mindset then I don't know how you think you could ever win even against our lesser potential (lol)

Last edited:

edd

Tree Surgeon
And that isn't a mindset you can just switch on/off, if you are active (and you guys were more active than we were til the day we finished you) then its a way you approach the game.

Last edited:

flameharvester

Head Gardener
look simple matter is that I am one of the most active players/defenders in our alliance and in every alliance I have ever played in, but I am not a FTW player.

Look every round I have played in the last 10 I have been in rank 2 ally (with the exception of RSF, where obnx took us down a week or so before round end) and I am normally right around the top of my ally in rank and activity.

Now the point of all this is not to blow my own trumpet, its simply to emphasise the point I am about to make, which is that the early round "strengths" of FNG, were also it's weaknesses. We may have been active etc, but none of our more active players were prone to planning attacks, constantly warring TTB and that was why we were never gonna win the round :)

/end 2cents mode

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
I would say this core of players has been going 4/5 rounds ( around where hero/Hamilton/tiger joined Angela/lucky and others) and they have finished 1st once so I would say their usual level is about rank 2 anyway. You can dispute ftw mindset all you like but to me, what matters is if you are willing to dig in and fight regardless of how many contactable players you have. We were fortunate to have 16 or 17 and even though a few were on holiday everybody in TTB wanted to put up a good fight. If you don't share that mindset then I don't know how you think you could ever win even against our lesser potential (lol)

Ed you kind of have to look at the mindset of the person you are replying to, Dax's mindset is that any team he joins is the best, but failing to be so then requires a mindset of rationalization of why it isn't so.
We should probably have saved the join request about the time of the resistance fail stating how shitty FNG was in his mindset and ofc the "your loss" mindset when said join request was refused :p
Followed by the mindset of "me, me , me , me"

Angela

Harvester

Ed you kind of have to look at the mindset of the person you are replying to, Dax's mindset is that any team he joins is the best, but failing to be so then requires a mindset of rationalization of why it isn't so.
We should probably have saved the join request about the time of the resistance fail stating how shitty FNG was in his mindset and ofc the "your loss" mindset when said join request was refused :p
Followed by the mindset of "me, me , me , me"

it might be the time of night for me but youve confused me james

ps Edd you havent got a clue about our activity now or even at the round start trust me when i say you dont want me to go into the how we failed badly at the start middle and end of the round.