Round 45 Awards discussion

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Also we did some stupid attack too early IIRC that gave away all our IDs then did nothing but wait for them to grow and out tech us. Not saying we would have won had we attacked earlier but i think we could have at least caused more trouble.

You sat at rank 1 for 1 day because you spent all your money on flack and raped dominion (even then we were extremely close to you). We didnt want to do that because ed wanted it to be a 1vs1 between us. What units did you have a tech advantage on exactly? Because we beat you to CW's by 8 hours :p. Then assassins by a long time too.

A whole day with nanos too dont forget :p :D

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I remember Leeroy finishing CW, then he went on holiday: Hilarious.

Also, I remember when they started hitting AFS, and I made it abundantly clear to a couple of people via PM that it was totally out of order, and was foolish to give their ID's away so early. They paid for it, I guess.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
A few things here..

1 - Many of the "legends" that are in now, weren't at the beginning. FNG has replaced a lot of members.
2 - FNG had CW first, but the individual that did went on holiday the same day he got them. TTB was to nanos first by 2-3 hours, and then their other CW players all got them about 24-36hrs before anyone in FNG could get and mass enough to even consider fighting(might have been longer). TTB had the tech advantage at that point. It was about even before then (eta 5 view isn't much of an advantage.. you can mention that all you like, but it doesn't really impress me)
3 - James, when I was on, defense was usually organized so that we could have enough to fight you without massive losses. As a HUGE dragon attacking at +2.. it takes a few troops :p (I'm not saying I was organizing defense, I think I only really did that once or twice after my stint as leader before I had to go UC)
4 - If the crew that finished the round in FNG had started it there, the round would have played out a bit differently. I can't say they would have won, but there would have been a real fight before TTB outgrew FNG.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
not to mention people are confusing legends with veterans.

these two terms are not one and the same.

avash

Harvester
2 - FNG had CW first, but the individual that did went on holiday the same day he got them. TTB was to nanos first by 2-3 hours, and then their other CW players all got them about 24-36hrs before anyone in FNG could get and mass enough to even consider fighting(might have been longer). TTB had the tech advantage at that point. It was about even before then (eta 5 view isn't much of an advantage.. you can mention that all you like, but it doesn't really impress me)

Nope you are completely and utterly wrong. I was the first to cw's by a ****ing mile dude. I had them 5 hours before anyone else in the whole game max even commented that I got them fastest in over a year. I started the tech 8 hours before anyone else (dev multiplier dropping made it so I only got them 5 hours before leeroy). Leeroy had them next and CK was 1 tick behind him. So really get your facts straight. Cheers. We had 2 clear waves with my CW, and no one else in the game had them. Leeroy got them when we were eta 5 returning from our second wave.

Comments like that really show how your recall of things is completely off. ANd this was only 2.5 months ago.

Even managed to get the research as proof before the round end:

You are currently researching 'Nano-Technology', 13% complete, finished in 288 ticks [07-07-2012, 15:00]

Leeroy didnt get them till around 20:00.

Yes the eta 5 was a huge advantage. And I believe it was a huge part into you losing the round so quickly. And I like how you come out with comments about how you could of won. There was no way you could match Ed in attacks and defence with your starting lineup, or end.

edd

Tree Surgeon
Ye avash defo got them first by a decent numer I hours.

James/avash you are both not quite remembering right about fngs teching, sure we got pb 2/3 hours after kuda but they had 3 of em :p they had 3 pa to our 1 and each side had 3 shocks though ours were bigger. We also didn't get sins by a mile, max Teched intel first and I bought 6m ninjas to help toast Because we were struggling (kuro got 4/5m hools to combo). Had they moved when they should have we would have been in more trouble than we were. They did launch a few waves and did some damage with their PBS but didnt make any moves once they had PA.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
don't know who to nominate for an award without an argument or disagreement on facts at hand...

why not zoidberg?

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
3ocj4e.jpg

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
heh, i was going to post that pic but with the caption the thread is bad, etc and so forth.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
So was I, but I found this first and I couldn't be bothered looking further

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
A veteran (from Latin vetus, meaning "old") is a person who has had long service or experience in a particular occupation or field.

Garrett has been around for a long time, but he's not a legend. He's *****. Get my point now?

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
to use a dictionary for stark contrasts:

vet·er·an
Noun:
A person who has had long experience in a particular field, esp. military service: "a veteran of two world wars".

leg·end
Noun:
A traditional story sometimes popularly regarded as historical but unauthenticated.

Max

Garden Designer
Yeah I was first to intel last round, which helped Ed a lot with his master-planning.

So I think FNG were slightly wrong to simply mass flak, but let by-gones be by-gones! All is done now :)

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Oh, u guyz. I'll go find an appropriate image for this persistent sadness in the morning. When I'm sober. Here's to another round finished, and a week off! :D