Free bush lessons.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Listen to cyrus, he almost won last round :eek:

SHOTS FIRED

And @Toby, there is some "art" to mass attacking. There is a lot of creativity and originality that can be a huge asset to doing different mass attacks. :)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Listen to cyrus, he almost won last round :eek:

SHOTS FIRED

shots-fired-meme-generator-shots-fired-08537a.jpg

Elevnos

BANNED
And try to cover as many ID's as possible. The less ID's there are that are covered, the more easier it is to cover the inc.

But, if you chose all 20 (very unlikely) and put like 2 ID's on each, that itself is easier to cover. So around 14/15 ID's with what Cyrus said is the general way to go.

Get everyone on, cover all enemy players with >= 4 mobs each

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
And @Toby, there is some "art" to mass attacking. There is a lot of creativity and originality that can be a huge asset to doing different mass attacks. :)

If you say so. Personally, I think hyping the creativity and originality of their attacks is just a way for the organisers to feel superior. They scoff at other peoples' attacks and say "I could've done better" but as long as you're vaguely competent and have adequate participation from your alliance you'll do fine.

I remember everyone used to talk about Silence's amazing attack plans, but the times I played with him he wouldn't even plan anything unless he had 18 people online to send. That was the important part. Not the creativity or originality, but the numbers.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
If people would stop being massive ****s and stop spamming the thread with their retardedness, that'd be great.

Also, what Cyrus said is legit.

And there aren't any "tricks". It all very much depends on what you're trying to achieve with your attack and what you have to work with.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
err, let's be clear here, there are plenty of "tricks"...

I guess a lot of times you guys are used to uncreative attacks sufficing to win a war when one alliances activity/contactability/troopers is superior.

Last edited:

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I think when you're confusing tricks with common sense, Brandon.

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
Lets assume i have no common sense LOL

And want to learn these "tricks"...

Down to sending fakes etc,do fakes always go first?

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
Lets assume i have no common sense LOL

And want to learn these "tricks"...

Down to sending fakes etc,do fakes always go first?

no, it's good to mix them up, it helps when they are first however so you can send checkers to see if any full tick defence is real

the "tricks" vary depending on what you want achieve, there's such things like sending a completely fake wave, following up 3 ticks later

There's sending fake waves then rushing when everything is at the end of eta 1

There's sending multiple waves one after the other on multiple targets

you can keep all stealth back and follow up your mass with stealth on offliners

if you mix units you can often surprise people where the reals are, as you can send robo's to rpgay players if you have other units there to flak etc

Max

Garden Designer
There is quite a wide variety of mass attack strategy in the game, which is one of the reasons I enjoy planning so much. The downside is that a good attack plan does take time to prepare. Here is a non-exhaustive selection from the top of my head:

[EASY] The pick and send!

Idea - Post up on polls "let's attack Scallywags lads, pick and send on this tick!"

Pros - All the organiser has to do is pick a time. The burden of "picking targets" is then split among the individual members, so normally 2-3 ticks warning to the alliance on pols is all that is required.

Cons - Can only work with who is online at the time, depends on people refreshing. A lot of the time people are busy and just post "pick me a target please" which places a burden on the organiser to work to a tight schedule. Also usually only provides a single wave and single member for each target, so it's relatively easy to defend.

Top tip - To dramatically improve your pick and send attack planning, get each sender to choose 1 real and 3 fakes. Suddenly, even with only 4 people online, you've just covered 16 targets rather than 4, for relatively little additional effort.

[EASY] The train!

Idea - Load a bunch of people on a single target and then plough a bunch of players / latecomers behind the first senders.

Pros - Again, dead easy to plan. Just say "4 people send on the first tick, the rest of you follow one at a time". Easy to spy and check the target for defence.

Cons - Trains result in a much smaller crop yield than more challenging planning.

Top tip - The balance between how many people to put on the first tick and how many behind is actually non-trivial. There is no magic answer to this, in a rank 1 alliance attacking a rank 2 alliance, the typical sufficient size of the head of the train was 6 members. But when attacking an alliance with far fewer online, 2 may do the job. Try to ensure the head of the train uses a good route combo - Striker+SA is perfect. Also - to sneak in one extra land grab for the alliance - have an arsonist send a tick in front of the main train. Often the defending alliance would rather block the tail end of the train rather than the sneaky arsonist in front (just make sure the arsonist can survive a tick of self cover from the target).

[MEDIUM] The single wave.

Idea - Pick a time and date in advance for the attack to get maximum members online. This will be a compromise between the most members YOU can get on, and the fewest members THEY can get on. Get at least 2 different routes on as many enemy IDs as you can.

Pros - Normally, you can cover an entire alliance quite easily. It is scientifically proven that "divide and conquer" is the best technique in war! Quite challenging to defend if unanticipated by the enemy alliance.

Cons - If spread too thin, may be easily defended. Also, as it is only on a single wave, there is greater risk on staying on an attack that has defence, since you have no idea which defending mobs are real or fake.

Top tip - Make sure that each target can't self cover. I know it sounds obvious, but it isn't. If you are expending 2 mobs on an online SGT player, make sure you can actually outflak the SGTs/yobs.

[MEDIUM] The multiple wave.

Idea - Here you spread the outgoings over more than 1 tick. There are many different ways to do this - for example you could have the second wave one tick behind the first (covering last tick) or three ticks behind the first (bypassing all defence on the first wave). The first is good for units that fire R/M only (e.g. RPGs) and the second is good if your alliance is trigger happy and will send all in on the first wave.

Pros - If you make the first wave fake, you can actually draw out a lot of real defence. This means that you force the enemy's hand into realing the fakes so you can get lots of land on the second wave without a fight. Even better - the first wave will actually TELL YOU whether the defence was real or fake. Nothing like hard evidence to tell you what to do with your second wave.

Cons - If spread too thin, may be easily defended. Latecomers will defend the second wave with unknown reals/fakes. Also, those that can self cover themselves can defend both waves. Also - your alliance has to be able to send 2 mobs at 30 minute intervals (not always easy on your phone when at work).

Top tip - Make the first wave a convincing fake, with perhaps eta 2 stealth mobs thrown in. If they take the bait, you'll be landing all over the shop.

[HARD] Permutations of the above with rushes.

Idea - Not only do you launch eta 5, but also include rushes after defence has been sent. This could include thiefs, RPGs, harriers, anything to kill those offliners/UC members. To really make a great attack, players should be sending 100k geos to different targets and then boosting one another. This gives the defenders FAR less time to make an assessment of where to defend, and even if they do, you can boost low eta troops to assist in real time.

Pros - This is a personal favourite of mine, because it is so flexible. You can change targets on the fly, as the defence is sent. Spotted a large robotics player defending real on your last tick? Have a harrier boost my good sir. Thank goodness he wasn't tied up on another target by sending eta 5... Also the defending alliance can think "great, we've got that target covered, let's consider the next one..." only to suddenly receive a game-changing hooligan boost on the target they thought was covered.

Cons - An absurd amount of micromanagement for the attack planner (for large waves). Works brilliantly for smaller waves or resistance rushes though. Also there are some defences that you just HAVE to anticipate in advance (e.g. last tick dog defence). A minor con is that the low-eta unit players get less land than the eta 5 robos/dragons.

Top tip - Draw out the defence first, then slam an arsonist rush onto an unsuspecting target with support from harriers/apaches/PoMs a tick behind. These kind of rushes are SO hard to defend against, they really are an absolute nightmare when you are committed to defending against other incoming.

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
I have another question please:

Why does everyone love CW`s?

From what i can see they are absolutely dreadful pound for pound & dont fire early.

(I think) 2.5m TL cost the same as 1m CW & get this outcome:

Range
2,500,000 attacking Terrorist Leader attacked killing 435,253
564,747 defending Cybernetic Warrior attacked killing 495,538

Killed: 435,253 [£47,877,830,000] defenders killed. 495,538 [£22,299,210,000] attackers killed.

Nickk

Harvester
I have another question please:

Why does everyone love CW`s?

From what i can see they are absolutely dreadful pound for pound & dont fire early.

(I think) 2.5m TL cost the same as 1m CW & get this outcome:

Range
2,500,000 attacking Terrorist Leader attacked killing 435,253
564,747 defending Cybernetic Warrior attacked killing 495,538

Killed: 435,253 [£47,877,830,000] defenders killed. 495,538 [£22,299,210,000] attackers killed.

Nearly no one has pure CWs and no TDs. CWs strip the armour for the TDs to wreck havoc. It's all about the combo. Plus A fair few of CW can fend off strikers.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Lots of varying opinions in the community, there isn't a set answer. CW's are situation dependent for sure.

-Robo's have one of the biggest and earliest power spikes early in the round (not counting PB/shox/app power spike...). PA's are potent, nanos have their place, and a great player rushing to CW is terrifying if the timing is taken advantage of. CG's of course are a high utility route.
-As a side note older players love PA walls for some reason. I suppose it's because of their kinda early tier 1.5 power spike and the fact that they're never obsolete and extremely hard to kill early on. They're also eta 4. I prefer a CW power spike if you can pull it off, but both have their merits (you lose a lot of potential PA's if war breaks out and you start CW's!).
-CW's are extremely expensive units that fire late. In bigger battles they're much harder to hit with their main counters (rpg/strikers) because of the fact their are fewer of them compared to SA's/attack dogs/TL's/whatever. This let's them fire and do TONS OF DAMAGE FOR LITTLE LOSSES. CW's rape any later firing AD like dragons/harriers that can more easily target them.
-CW's aren't really bad vs anything with proper LET flakking. They flak well for TD's on their own, and generally you want/need far fewer TD's to deal "tons of damage".
-If you're discounting other route choices, when it comes down to it CW's are the earliest firing robo unit you can get that does substantial damage. This is as opposed to massing PA/TD or shield/TD that I feel is only better vs rare route setups that require both high amounts of HD as well as the ability to defend at ETA 3 rather than ETA 4.

They're a huge "I can beat anything if I bring a friend along" unit. They're generally the best unit to add in a big BR if you already have the big ones like a pom/striker/sa combo to round a solid attack/defense off.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
CW are one of the few units that can fight a dragon and come out on top the first tick. They are hard to kill, do plenty of damage, and early round, they are nearly impossible to counter. Throw in CG with them and you can pretty much steamroll anyone that doesn't have them.

Max

Garden Designer
The robo route in general deals some spectacular damage for its cost actually. A good ratio robo will be capable of almost twice the damage output of a striker/apache cost for cost. If they get to fire they are very effective killing machines.

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
I see a lot of opinions but I want proof!

Also on another topic,does anybody PB rush PoMs anymore!?