Free bush lessons.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
dam hoped it might be more, ok thanks :)

An early round HD wall unit should do better against a fast attack purpose-built AP counter unit? I'd definitely have to have a poke at the logic behind this thinking, but irrespective I'm glad we could clear up that little issue for you.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I was just wondering if PA could deter harrier rushes tbh?

That would largely depend on your bounty. If you got zero bounty, I dare say a PA wall would deter most rushes, as they would lose 20m harriers for every 100m PA you have before even firing. They could of course offset that by dogs, but if you isolate the case I think you're right that a PA wall would scare off most harriers; given a close to zero bounty.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

That would largely depend on your bounty. If you got zero bounty, I dare say a PA wall would deter most rushes, as they would lose 20m harriers for every 100m PA you have before even firing. They could of course offset that by dogs, but if you isolate the case I think you're right that a PA wall would scare off most harriers; given a close to zero bounty.

Indeed. If you're taking the case in isolation with no other routes involved - no boosters and no defenders.

Obviously dogs and whatnot would make a massive difference if there are defenders available, but for a 1 on 1 fight PA walls are pretty effective.

People seem to dislike them because of their lack of firepower, but what I love about them is that they fire early, and then they flak your more valuable CWs and TDs. Usually you can take a chunk out of the enemy before they even fire.

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
Yeh i know what obviously would be the best harrier deterrent-but say i was a solo PA with bounty was wondering if harriers would still come in the masses. Obviously the two other robos have no way of scaring harriers off...

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Well harriers would probably still come for you, but at least you'd be able to kill some of them before they fire. It might put some of them off.

But you'd still have RPGs to deal with, and they nomomom on PAs.

If you're dead set on being a solo robo I'd suggest going nanos. They survive better against AD than PAs, but they're less fun to attack with in my opinion.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
well, technically if you get a good enough shield:CW ratio, you could beat a harrier silly. Same goes with nanos, who're probably even more effective since they're health based and whatnot

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
The way I figure it, you're always going to be weak against something, so you might as well make yourself as strong offensively as possible. That's more fun anyway. You get to kill lots of people, then a harrier comes along and kills you, and you build up by killing lots of people again. Up and down, up and down.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer

Yes. PA deter harrier rushes.

use the mostly accurate battle calc. equal pa to equal harriers (with a few cw) does at least equal damage to each other. and if you have low to no bounty - it's not worth the rush. 40m pa can wipe out 10M harriers. so at the very least - lowbie rushers will be decimated even if you have bounty.

PA are boss. that's all there is to it.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
I never had a problem killing pa robos when i was harrier last round. So im quite suprised so many experienced players have this view, could anyone give me a ratio/setup for the pa.

i wanted to try auto flaking a cw heavy robo,tested it in havoc, works wells vs striker first tick, and harrier too but rpg still stomps, lack of td. Though get tds instead striker and harrier can hit you instead though i guess in the real game scenario if the td are gonna fire they probably wont be landing

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
I'd like to know about mass attacking please,I've never planned one of these big attacks and I'm interested how they work.

What's the idea behind it?Besides large scale panic.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Large scale panic is the main ingredient tbh. Anyone who claims there is a great magical art to mass attacking is a big liar. The important parts are picking the right targets, covering as many IDs as possible, and getting as many participants as possible.

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
I see,what about stuff like putting real wave,fake wave,real wave on an id?

No tricks to it at all?

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
It's all about mixing units, if you just pick and send it's very easy to put strikers against robo and SA versus TL etc

mixing the units also covers weak ticks for example it's easy to defend against TL, you just last tick, put a robo and sa with them and it causes all kinds of trouble and means stretching units further even if that wave turns out to be fake and you pull your wave at af3 - you've put units out of action

organising defence for a mass takes longer to do, the more that send, means more work for the planner

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
And try to cover as many ID's as possible. The less ID's there are that are covered, the more easier it is to cover the inc.

But, if you chose all 20 (very unlikely) and put like 2 ID's on each, that itself is easier to cover. So around 14/15 ID's with what Cyrus said is the general way to go.