Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Treedude

Harvester
I hardly ever use a silencer in any of the games, glad I'm not the only one who has noticed that the stats don't appear to change but in practice it does seem to take longer to kill people when you have a silencer equipped. It would make sense from a realism point of view for the damage to be reduced a bit, presumably it's not significant enough to affect the stats as they appear when you're choosing your weapon tho.

On a side note, finished AC2 last night so will be back into CoD from tonight I think, well up for some games with folk from here, hopefully see some of you online tonight :D

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I'll be on - just finished my work for a week so ive got spare time :D

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Yeah, since i use the silencer a lot, i tend to agree that it takes a bit longer to kill people. Im guessing the range the range directly affects bullet damage, so even if they arent very far away, damage is still reduced a bit.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Woooop!

Internet is like jesus now...one of my more techy housemates did something to it while i was away so it works again now.

Will be COD-ing it up tomo throughout the day if anybody is on.

x

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
yeah but you can pump more silenced bullets into them than unsilenced ones; so it balances imo.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
Anyone else, who played the original CoD on the PC, noticed that the Wasteland map is pretty much a remake of the old Brecourt map?

That map was epic.

Also is anyone here Marty Jacko or BlemishedData? Two randomers that added me :p

i told my brother that and he didn't believe me so i whipped it out and showed him... the size scared him into belief

The effect of this is that you see a lot of very high level players, 50-70, and indeed those in prestige, who have negative kill death ratios. Thats saying something.

I"m on my 3rd prestige lvl 40 or something and am K/D 1.7 or maybe higher now as i've gone really positive the past few games

Famas (Bling Pro)
Red Dot Sight + Heartbeat Sensor

Ratifka (cant spell 3 Burst Pistol)
Red Dot Sight + FMJ

Throwing Knife (or Tactical Insertion depending on map)

Bling Pro:
Primary/Secondary Weapons can have two attachments.

Hardline Pro:
Kill/Death Streak requires one less kill/death.

Commando Pro:
Further Knifing distance/No Damage from falling.

Killstreak:
Attack Heli
Pavelow
Nuke (i've got 9)

Weapon Skins:
Fall(my brother does head shots so that he can show off to his friends)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mattheus

Head Gardener
My favourite class:

Intervention - either with acog, or extended mags
akimbo magnums

Sleight of hand pro (the pro part being the key, scoping in quicker while sniping is very useful)
Stopping power pro
Ninja pro/commando pro/steady aim pro depending on the game type

I'm currently working on getting all the prestige related intervention titles and emblems. Meaning I haven't used any other gun in a long time, as it takes frickin ages. Getting close though. While some of the normal titles/emblems look cool, I wanna get some that actually take a lot of effort to get. As of yet I haven't seen anyone else with the emblem I have. 2500 kills with the intervention takes a fair while, not to mention all the headshots. Getting close though, up to about 2000 intervention kills on this current prestige.

Another of my favourite classes:

Any primary
1887 shotgun akimbo

Seriously the 1887 is preposterously good when akimbo. The range is INSANE for a shotgun. Only reason I don't use them more is because they're unlocked level 67. If I wanna carry on prestiging I won't get to use them that often.

Oh yeah, another class which is great for the lulz:

Any smg
Magnum with tactical knife

Marathon pro
lightweight pro
commando pro

Then just switch to your tactical knife magnum and play games without firing a shot, only knifing people. The lunge distance with commando pro is pretty hilarious, plus the tactical knife means the stabbing animation is a lot quicker (great if theres 2-3 guys).

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Just had some rite games.

Me, Pinpower, Gooner and my brother on team tactical 3rd person ( 4 v 4 )

We pwned all but 1 game where they got a chopper gunner :D

Davis

Tree Surgeon
Twigley. why face palm ? just because i rape with it doesn't mean it sucks, i can rape with other classes in fact lately ive been using

WA2000 Infared + FMJ
instead i quite like sniping

Enigma

Weeder
Interesting Info on some of the kill streak perks
http://denkirson.xanga.com/715966769/modern-warfare-2/

For those who like use Sniper Rifles.... or want too
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=951943&topic=52275074

And as for Silencers I'm with Alci... Silencers reduce recoil greatly. So with some guns, the extra time to kill them is offset with fact you can get more bullets on the target in shorter time.

And for those who like the Akimbo Shotguns, I've heard they are gonna be nerfed in a pre-christmas patch... so enjoy em while you can (I may be wrong ofc)

Treedude

Harvester
That is some interesting info, don't normally take an interest in that side of the game, never really thought of it that way to be honest but it makes perfect sense now that I do think about it. Will definitely be using it to my advantage in future.

Started playing again last night, up and down at the moment with kills/deaths, bit out of practice after solidly hammering AC2 for a couple of weeks, loving getting back into the groove tho. Fortunately I had built up a bit of a cushion so still got some kills to spare before i drop below 1 for my ratio, hopefully my rustiness will wear off before it does!

Got plans tonight but hoping tomorrow I should be playing for most of the day, only Everton Spurs that I might be watching at 4 but other than that there will be much ratatatatatata, hopefully see some of you online and we can get a big game on the go!

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Well, I've pretty much given up all hope of prestiging again for a while. These damn prestige-headshot challenges never end :mad: And now that I've started I wanna see it through til the end. I want those damn titles and emblems! To get the gold intervention title and gold intervention headshot emblem I need 2500 kills with it and 1000 headshots :/ It's the headshots which will take me a while. I'm very close to the 2500 kills. Due to the slower firepower of the intervention I usually aim for the body as 1 miss at the head usually ends up with you dying :( Guess I've just gotta practise at it I suppose.
Will be worth it though as I've never seen anyone with them, so my callsign will be unique for a while unlike all the thousands of people who use the same ones.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
With COD4 I finished all my prestiges before bothering doing the weapons challenges. It just makes more sense.

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Yeah that's the sensible thing to do, however I didn't think the challenges would go on this long. I just used the intervention as it's my favourite weapon anyway, and kept on thinking...'surely this is the last of the headshot challenges...this one has taken aaages' Then to complete it in a blaze of glory only for a new one to pop up.. AGAIN AND AGAIN :( Which promptly has me curled up in the fetal position in a dark corner sobbing quietly to myself. I just figured it's taken me frickin ages to get this far, may as well see it through til the end. Then once I'm done I can stroke my epenis at the shiny gold callsign I have compared to everyone else who're skipping the challenges for prestiging. :D

Treedude

Harvester
My god, *finally* unlocked all the attachments for MP5K last night, took so long to get those damn bullet penetration kills. Got a gold callsign thingy, I'll be honest tho I only used the callsign for 1 game, I felt like a tool having it. Ah well, at least now I am able to move on to P90, woop woop, hopefully should start getting my streaks up a bit again

Mattheus

Head Gardener
My god, *finally* unlocked all the attachments for MP5K last night, took so long to get those damn bullet penetration kills. Got a gold callsign thingy, I'll be honest tho I only used the callsign for 1 game, I felt like a tool having it. Ah well, at least now I am able to move on to P90, woop woop, hopefully should start getting my streaks up a bit again

Pfft, wait til you prestige, that unlocks a **** load of even MORE gun challenges which all take aaages.