Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Lol fail.
Was setting up my box to the new tv i got and i knocked the xbox over.

Long story short - disc is unreadable.
Trading in forza for it tommowow :(

Steve_God

Official Helper
Lol fail.

I did that with CoD4 when testing my xBox for the first time, tipped it over while it was vertical, scratched the disc so it was unreadable!

Found some articles online telling how to repair the discs, and got some car scratch repair stuff, a soft cloth and 15 minutes of elbow grease, and it works perfectly again! :)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Lol fail.

oh god...horrific...

i read this and it almost brought a tear to my eye :p

Bad times twiggles, i feel for you ;)

Enigma

Weeder
Hey Guys... may be retired from Bush, but still find myself passing through the forums now and then lol.

But yeah this is my latest addiction... loving it :) Almost end of first prestige (and will be prestiging ofc).

This first time through I'm just concentrating on getting the 'Mastery' title for the assault rifles... started with autos and now onto the semi-autos. Favourite auto to date, the ACR.... favourite semi is the FAMAS (but just finished it so need to pick my next weapon of choice).

To get the Mastery I have to use nearly all the weapon attachments... so I find Bling-Pro my most useful perk (can work two attachments at once), but use Marathon instead when first using a gun (till I unlock more attachments).

Other perks are generally Stopping Power + Last Stand Pro (love last stand.. got 4 kill streak in Last Stand earlier this week lol, and if you wanna be cheap, you can suicide in Last Stand with a grenade and rob the opposition of points)

Current Killstreaks set... Harriers (7), AC130 (11), Nuke (25). - and finally set off my first nuke 2 days ago :D About to swap AC for Chopper Gunner soon to try that as the AC keeps getting me to 20-21 kill streak but can't seem to get those last few from it. To get my nuke the other day, I got to 21 kills, then a mate lead me around with his Heartbeat Sensor being bait for me lol - took away the risk and scooped the last 4 kills very easily :)

As for rooms... I don't care for my win/loss ratio, so I check connection before match, and if red connection I quit (play if yellow or better). But being aussie, I found the best is get a team of at least 4... and you will have good chance to get host and good connection with minimal work (though i think the invite system needs improvement, it's too clunky and too slow)... but you also may have to quit a couple to get the green connection room - but well worth it.

Anyway as most are o/s, waste of time playing with me, but i noticed Timtadams is aussie, so prompted me to login to forums and post as you're welcome to join me for my almost daily/nightly run n gun sessions (will send you a PM soon) ;)

My only complaint... the damn JOIN option!!!! I don't mid some mates joining, but if you're my mate, and you join my games... don't F*%$*ng camp. That and I have a lot of very good people on my PSN list, I'd prefer to play with em, not against em :p

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
TWIGLEY

Try returning the disc to the shop you bought it and ask for an exchange. I did exactly the same thing the other day and Currys gave me a new disc without a quibble.

Just bollock' that all your other discs work fine and that you think it may have been a manufacturing default.

Worth a go.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I just been to gamestation and got it buffed for 1.99

About to test now !

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
pray.jpg

timtadams

Landscape Designer
lol Twigley, i was playing COD4 on my friends 360 when he accidently kicked over the console leaving a massive scratch in my other friends disc :D

And will get in touch with you Enigma.
Funny actually, the last few days ive added a few aussies in the hope of setting up our own games as you described ;)
And dont worry, i dont camp :D I run around with a heart beat sensor a kill everyone (well, try to)

I just discovered my kill:death ratio is 0.90 so now im trying to get it up to one. A few times i would have like a 5 death streak, and then come back with a 6 kill streak, to get my kills above deaths....usually when my team is getting pawned.

AND I GOT MY FIRST KNIFE KILL. AND IT WAS THE MATCH WINNING KILL. LMFAO AT THE REPLAY, RIGHT IN THE BACK :D

Also been getting the pro versions for perks. Got all the pros for my preferred selection (bling pro, cold blooded pro and ninja pro) But now im getting scrambler pro for kicks.
Love the stinger with cold blooded. None of the air attacks you and you just take em down with the stinger. And if flares, just fire again and its a hit.

BTW, can someone tell me how many times you can prestige?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Game works, got my KD to 1.45 and got a nice 19 streak earlier.
Starting to get back into winning 30 - 2 / 30 - 5 etc :)

TaO

Tree Surgeon
M4A1 + silencer
SPAS + silencer
2x Stun

Sleight of Hand Pro
(Faster reloading, slightly faster aiming)

Hardline Pro
(kill steaks require 1 less kill)

Commando
Ability: Increased melee distance.
Pro Ability: You don't take any damage from falling.

Equipment
Throwing knife

Killstreak
Sentry Gun
Harriers
Chopper Gunner *edit thanks Twig*

Last edited:

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
Do silencers decrease bullet damage?

It shows no decrease in the stats yet I always feel it takes slightly longer to kill with a silencer?