Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Treedude

Harvester
Most definitely a good idea Steve

Think we should plan it a few days in advance and make it a definite time or we'll never get everyone on at the same time (timezones could frigg everything up as well). What does everyone else think?

In terms of a day tonight is best for me (if anyone else is up for a game then hopefully see you online later, will be checking the forums and I'll try and get on IRC), but any day other than tomorrow (midweek football ftw) is all good. And I can only play during the evenings what with working during the day, or if it's the weekend then obviously anytime is good.

Think a game with all of us will take some serious organisation anyway, and people being online when they say they will, but I'm well up for it, again whats everyone else thinking?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Me, Franny, Cal, and 4 people we know always play online so if you get your bums on, we can play too.

I've prestiged now and level 21 or so ... should be able to fly up these ranks pretty fast.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
Whats this 18 man FFA games and how do you join them? Sounds hectic, I always loved matches on that Shipment level in the first Modern Warfare, unbelievably hectic.

Is this a PC thing or can you get them on xbox live as well?

Treedude its Xbox 360 and PS3 for sure, I'm not sure if it works for PC but I dont see why it wouldn't.

And you can't join them on purpose the person that sets it up basically is setting up a game that (normally is domination so i'm guessing playing domination games would be your best bet getting into one. althought i'm not entirely sure how it works so maybe you'll get into one playing any game type) takes over the Cod server and makes everyone that starts searching for a game on Live auto join your Private game and then using a few tricks and glitches the host can then make it change right before the countdown ends into a private match using any settings they see fit :p (except unlimited time and a few others).

So me and a friend spent about 6 hours figuring it out by watching and listening to other people set them up :p and now we can do it too haha it takes no mod chip no save file nothing other than 2 people with good connections to host a 18 man game :p any game type but the most fun is FFA. and we found that when we play it on rust people basically spawn in the same 12 or so spots and we just camp them with a shot gun. I went 182 Kills and 30 Deaths one game :p its really really fun hahaha.

Yeah I've been playing them for like a week now. Like you said, I knw it's cheating but it's so insanely fun. I can't host them myself though, so add me, Moooorish, and inv me next time you're doing it.

I'll add you later today and send you an invite when my friend gets on.

CLem

Head Gardener
really don't see the point of abusing the game, maybe I am just not the type of person that find these things amusing. I get more enjoyment out of killing 7 people in a roll in a normal game.....

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
really don't see the point of abusing the game, maybe I am just not the type of person that find these things amusing. I get more enjoyment out of killing 7 people in a roll in a normal game.....

Agreed.

the only game in which i had fun cheating was Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2. That was epic cheat codes!

Souls

Official Helper

Agreed.

the only game in which i had fun cheating was Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2. That was epic cheat codes!

You mean aside from any other game with big head mode? :p

Davis

Tree Surgeon
codwin2.jpg

codwin.jpg

Just me, Doin' Work.

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator
Whats this 18 man FFA games and how do you join them? Sounds hectic, I always loved matches on that Shipment level in the first Modern Warfare, unbelievably hectic.

Is this a PC thing or can you get them on xbox live as well?

Treedude its Xbox 360 and PS3 for sure, I'm not sure if it works for PC but I dont see why it wouldn't.

And you can't join them on purpose the person that sets it up basically is setting up a game that (normally is domination so i'm guessing playing domination games would be your best bet getting into one. althought i'm not entirely sure how it works so maybe you'll get into one playing any game type) takes over the Cod server and makes everyone that starts searching for a game on Live auto join your Private game and then using a few tricks and glitches the host can then make it change right before the countdown ends into a private match using any settings they see fit :p (except unlimited time and a few others).

So me and a friend spent about 6 hours figuring it out by watching and listening to other people set them up :p and now we can do it too haha it takes no mod chip no save file nothing other than 2 people with good connections to host a 18 man game :p any game type but the most fun is FFA. and we found that when we play it on rust people basically spawn in the same 12 or so spots and we just camp them with a shot gun. I went 182 Kills and 30 Deaths one game :p its really really fun hahaha.

Yeah I've been playing them for like a week now. Like you said, I knw it's cheating but it's so insanely fun. I can't host them myself though, so add me, Moooorish, and inv me next time you're doing it.

I'll add you later today and send you an invite when my friend gets on.

You can do this, and change most settings of the game, IE: Domination game, unlimited score. and it'll work..

The only game mode you can't change it for is search and destroy, You set your own settings, people join, game starts, and than it resets all settings to be normal snd.

FFA isn't the most fun, as it's teamed ffa (not sure if you can kill your own people and get score for it), domination is pretty fun... somebody got a nuke when I had some 100 kills and got a match bonus of 15k.. plus all the other challenges I got.. epic!

Davis

Tree Surgeon
yeah you can kill your own team in the teamed FFA :p its crazy funny. and DOminations not as fun because like you can in FFA you cant kill your team in Dom so its a lot less kills

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Jesus.
Every game i joined tonight had the bug no matter what

Davis

Tree Surgeon
I've had that happen to me twice :p

my biggest problem with the game is the shitty ass spawns

Ezekiel

Harvester
Just went 1024 - 184.

Was pretty happy lol. I prestiged again 6 hours ago and I'm a 37 already lol. Those games are hilarious.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Bubbles, my friend and I had a good few games last night. I managed to increase by best kill streak from 10-15 on the level with the oil rig thing in the middle on a ground war (hardcore too I think!). The way I did this was there is a spawning bug, on that map anyway where all the players keep spawning in the same place. So I lay on the floor (so on hardcore I looked dead) and then shot/knifed anyone who spawned and got like 10 kills in about 40-60 seconds.

I'm not proud of it but wondered if anyone else had noticed these spawn things, always seems to be an issue with that same map....?

Davis

Tree Surgeon
Martin the spawns on every map are rediculously bad but rust being the smallest map ever has the worst ofc, :p there are about 3 spots on that map where people spawn over and over and over :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_ETEVn644c
This is a video with me, twigley, cody, and bubbles in it (you dont see bubbles kuz he did really bad :p)
Davis= I Walker 16 I (Gets 2 Chopper Gunners in the vid but got 3 and won the game)
Twigley = My Sheep (you only see him get killed by the cam man a few times)
Cody = I HxC Angel I (gets a AC130 i think)
Bubbles = EnormousBubbles (sucks)

Tombi

Harvester
Tbh davis its cheating Glitching **** like you that ruin the game..

Last edited by a moderator: