Black Ops II

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Awesome - Feel free to drop a request thing to my gamertag. Got Ben, Leeroy and Wouter already. Had some giggles between us.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
I might invest in BO2 for this...

Saves me dying of bordeom on MW3

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I prefer MW3 but it is impossible to find a game these days.

On the whole BO2 is pretty bad, but at least the servers work.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
In it's defense, I will say I've enjoyed playing it online thus far. I did far better on the first one, but it is good fun as a group.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I just think for each CoD game they bring in more and more customisations and classes and killstreaks and imo it just makes it cluttered and confusing. I think to replicate the success of CoD4 they should strip it back and make it about shooting people again, rather than mainly being about what class you have.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I just think for each CoD game they bring in more and more customisations and classes and killstreaks and imo it just makes it cluttered and confusing. I think to replicate the success of CoD4 they should strip it back and make it about shooting people again, rather than mainly being about what class you have.

well this game they really toned down the score streaks. I remember in MW2 an AC130 was not uncommon. Now the only player controlled scorestreak I only rarely see is the dragonfire. I've been using the lock on rocker launcher for days and still have not got one player controlled scorestreak out of the 10 I need to get gold.

And as far as i'm concerned, all the perks are 'meh'. Do you remember stopping power or juggernaut? What about f*cking martyrdom or last stand?

btw, what success are you talking about? All games since have been more successful. I started with cod4, but mw2 is my favourite.

Steve_God

Official Helper
And this is why I bought BF3 recently rather than the new CoD :)

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Stopping power was ****ing hilarious and you know it.

I thought that ability that let's you change classes on mw2 was the best one. What a joke that was...

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator
535782_499243366784635_575313995_n.jpg

:p.. CoD4 was by far the best ever CoD out there, MW2 was pretty awesome too, BlackOps1/2 are both awful, I only play this **** due to boredom nothing more.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
btw, what success are you talking about? All games since have been more successful. I started with cod4, but mw2 is my favourite.

The success of the CoD franchise is built entirely on the back of CoD4. Each game since then has been worse than the one before it (although MW2 was probably better than WaW - they were very different games).

I'm not saying CoD4 was the perfect game. There were plenty of things wrong with it. But I think the overall feel of the game was much better than the new games.

The perfect example being that I'm now rank 50 or something on BO2 and I still have no idea what perk makes me not appear on UAV. Cold Blooded does some stuff, Blind Eye does some other stuff, Hard Wired seems to be Assassin Pro only without the Assassin bit. Maybe it is Ghost and they made it the last thing you unlock for reasons unknown. What a great way to discourage people from prestiging. I don't know.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

The success of the CoD franchise is built entirely on the back of CoD4. Each game since then has been worse than the one before it (although MW2 was probably better than WaW - they were very different games).

I'm not saying CoD4 was the perfect game. There were plenty of things wrong with it. But I think the overall feel of the game was much better than the new games.

The perfect example being that I'm now rank 50 or something on BO2 and I still have no idea what perk makes me not appear on UAV. Cold Blooded does some stuff, Blind Eye does some other stuff, Hard Wired seems to be Assassin Pro only without the Assassin bit. Maybe it is Ghost and they made it the last thing you unlock for reasons unknown. What a great way to discourage people from prestiging. I don't know.

This.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Just permanently unlock ghost when you prestige first, like I did?

Did not know you can do that.

MORE PROOF THAT BO2 IS CONFUSING!

they introduced permanent unlocks before bo2 i think mw3? ... the whole reason i didnt prestige is because i didnt want to re-aquire sit-rep pro. aka hearing where the enemy is so well with a head set you stop using radar. but yeah now you can keep the perks and dont get a "pro" version, prestige is fine. and ghost being the last perk is BS. i just you tube things i dont know.

like you can display up to three other unlocked titles when people view your name and press right on the dpad in a lobby, but very few people use it. its in your combat record tab in barracks. you can select what to display.

on xbox pressing "y" or on ps i imagine triangle you can use your permanent unlock on any piece of kit you want. a wild card, a gun, a grenade, a perk. and each time you prestige you get perma unlock again. imo better to unlock later perks, as i like to change up what guns i use, and grenaids. and the mtac is available from the start and is epic. you also keep all your unlocked recticles this time unlike some of the prequels. and if you want customized recticles press y/triangle when hovering over the attachment. So they are improving some things. but yeah the perks are all pretty useless except ghost imo. a few of the mw perks they have put on gun attachments like in bo1, instead of pro-perks. things like quick reload, etc. but they all seem to be detuned. adjustable stock no where near as good as stalker, awareness no where near as good as sit rep pro, quick reload is every other reload (iirc)...the list goes on.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Stock is the best attachment since forever. Fact.

*Questions whether is about to fall for troll or genuinely underestimates something that thought was useless when compared to improved acuracy, silence, quick aim in, quick reload, red dot.

* decides to take bait.

Psh stock is for noobs, i can dont need to straif if i shoot them first. Thats physics!