Black Ops II

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
I use stock and silencer or stock and quickdraw.

Meh, its alright. M24, stock and silencer has some benefits. Mostly the extra few shots that miss you in a head to head. But then again that gun is pretty damn good anyway,ill keep experimenting.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I never use stock. And they patched it for smg in that 1.06 patch so it wasn't so fast, which I guess you guys already know. I tend to use grip on smgs and then something like silencer, extended mags or red dot. I find it doesn't really make much of a difference what attachments I use with smgs.

Only vector, AN-94 and assault shield left to get gold for primary weapons. AN-94 goes pretty good but not really feeling the vector. Not accurate enough for my liking. Assault shield sucks, mainly because of the lag. when someone straifs you and you are looking directly at them, from their perspective you are at an angle (due to lag) and so it's really easy for them to shoot you in the side. Even on good connection games it's really obvious.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Vector and Chicom are my SMGs of choice - Chicom with stock/silencer or long barrel, Vector with long barrel/laser sight. You'll do brilliantly.

That being said, I don't actually use any other weapons outside M8/Remington/SMR/M27/SVU/Chicom.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
The only guns I use are the M27, SMR and the Remington shottie. Sniper rifles and SMGs seem to be fairly redundant on this game for some reason.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Just discovered that the "Primary Mastery" challenge is not as described: "Achieve mastery for every primary weapon".

To achieve "mastery" for a weapon you must do all camo unlocks (expert challenge) and get weapon to max level prestige 2 (marksman challenge).

However the primary mastery challenge is completed when you get gold for every gun (excluding assault shield) regardless of weapon levels. So you only need to achieve "expert" for every weapon.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
as though playing cod any other way isn't a waste of time?

I just enjoy changing it up frequently.

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator
The only guns I use are the M27, SMR and the Remington shottie. Sniper rifles and SMGs seem to be fairly redundant on this game for some reason.

Snipers are always in games causing a huge pain in the arse, or atleast most games I've played have seemed this way.

I've been using the m25 for quite some time now which is an assault rifle, got a little bored and went as used the PDW (SMG) and absolutely hated it.

I've used sniper myself in games and depending on which perks you use, it is pretty enjoyable, depending on what type of team you're against.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I haven't played any maps so far where using a sniper rifle was more effective than an assault rifle. Especially since quickscoping is now virtually impossible.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Counter-sniping has never been easier than on BO2. Most maps you can just walk up and shoot them in the back of the head. There are hardly any decent sniping positions.

Probably the only good one I've found so far is in the market at the top of the map on Yemen.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Counter-sniping has never been easier than on BO2. Most maps you can just walk up and shoot them in the back of the head. There are hardly any decent sniping positions.

Probably the only good one I've found so far is in the market at the top of the map on Yemen.
Very few places a person can hold on there own. Ive had success many times in a few spots. But they work just as well with any assault rifle as they do with a sniper.

Behind fountain in slums, using a trophy system, agoc scope if u prefer. Taking those that run through the broken building whilst a teammate holds the steps from the garage. And a cheeky head poke to the arch way now and then. Used awareness so i knew if they spawned behind. Also you nail them if they do spawn behind and run up to your location from the grassy area,(best i can describe it) they run straight at you if they are trying to take you from behind.

Next to thepetrol station in stand off. So you can aim down to the shed at the back. Where theother team spawns, was using danger close, so double claymore and sticky my flanks and relocate inside with mtac as necessary

oh and raid. Just the whole general area that over looks the courtyard and can look towards the basket ball area. But only works well if your team is covering one of the other directions

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Yes - People still complain about it (just like Bush), but I'm still cracking on with BO2! Still looking for others who cherish social interaction, and would love to hear someone shout at the other team for being incompetent.

oO HYPNOTOAD Oo is the new gamertag, and it'd be nice to see a few more of you around!

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Yes - People still complain about it (just like Bush), but I'm still cracking on with BO2! Still looking for others who cherish social interaction, and would love to hear someone shout at the other team for being incompetent.

oO HYPNOTOAD Oo is the new gamertag, and it'd be nice to see a few more of you around!

If you pop me a text whenever your on, il come on too.