WoW

Bobbin

Head Gardener
Re: WoW

Melnibone said:
Finally going to give this a try anyone got any good suggestions for race/class/professions if i plan on playing mostly solo?

Don't play Mage solo.. Damned hard work!!

Warlock is good, as is rogue, and hunter ofc... erm.. paladin maybe... or do what i did, throw away all advice and roll a Mage anyway...

on a plus note... got my mount today :D

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

Roll hunter its the best class to play without a doubt

or if you really want roll a shammy.

Angela

Harvester

bobbin dont forgot to mention he needs to be alliance for you to help him :p

Warlock is a great one to go not that im bias or anything lol

Melnibone

Head Gardener

well on my second day i have a lvl 12 night elf rogue with secondary professions of skinning and enchanting (both about 40-50 skill) pretty poor equipment but im grinding to level up and with the money i hope to improve my gear

anyone willing to pm me here or in irc with some tips as im a complete n00b

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

i would say to you to either drop skinning for mining or herb, or drop enchanting for leather working.

reason being skinning if by far the worst collection profession and the only reason to have it would be mto make yourself gear from leatherworking.

Bobbin

Head Gardener

keep Enchanting... proper good money maker, i make a small fortune in buying greens that are under 20s off the AH, Disenchanting them, and selling them back tis easy money...

erm, yeah skinning is a bit poor, herb is a good source of income.... people like me who have alc and no herb are always looking to buy herbs :p

Yang

Harvester

Skinning is OK IMO.

Later on particularly at the level 30s, you can make lots of money fast and easily due to quests/mobs in Strangelthorn. Have Mining as a prof as well, makes quite a bit of money.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator

Azzer said:
I've been slowly getting tempted to give WoW one more chance, mainly in light of lack of any other MMO's out atm (or coming out soon), and because quite a few of you guys play it. We'll see... still not got around to it yet, and one thing putting me off is the amount of add-ons/macros/whatever else Angela seems to have and you (Stef) and Dave have talked about the last time we all met up... sounds like there's tonnes of third party stuff you really need to play the game, putting me off just firing it up and creating a char!

(I'm only interested in PVE, and generally tend to solo... (Dave said Night Elf hunter or any raced Warlock would be good for that)
Don't forget, Warhammer: Age of Reckoning (WAR) is coming out soon, that looks real promising.

Souls

Official Helper

Weeble said:
Azzer said:
I've been slowly getting tempted to give WoW one more chance, mainly in light of lack of any other MMO's out atm (or coming out soon), and because quite a few of you guys play it. We'll see... still not got around to it yet, and one thing putting me off is the amount of add-ons/macros/whatever else Angela seems to have and you (Stef) and Dave have talked about the last time we all met up... sounds like there's tonnes of third party stuff you really need to play the game, putting me off just firing it up and creating a char!

(I'm only interested in PVE, and generally tend to solo... (Dave said Night Elf hunter or any raced Warlock would be good for that)
Don't forget, Warhammer: Age of Reckoning (WAR) is coming out soon, that looks real promising.

Pfffffff, it's all about Age of Conan! :D

Yang

Harvester

Age of Reckoning looks pretty good but from what I've seen so far, it's too PvP orientated, so might get tiresome after a while...gonna see what some people say about it after a few months then might contemplate on getting it if the comments are good

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Looking out for Age of Reckoning, and Conan, we'll see what they have to offer.

In the mean time I have actually created my WoW character now. Not played too much, but I have a Gnome Warlock on the Outlands (I think?) server, same server as LadyDarkAngel, Bobbin, Angela and Wintermute from Bush (and possibly others?).

Bobbin

Head Gardener

Azzer said:
Looking out for Age of Reckoning, and Conan, we'll see what they have to offer.

In the mean time I have actually created my WoW character now. Not played too much, but I have a Gnome Warlock on the Outlands (I think?) server, same server as LadyDarkAngel, Bobbin, Angela and Wintermute from Bush (and possibly others?).

Yeah, on Outlands...
aaaaand

I killed Azzer!!! Woo :D

Bunion

Harvester

Love WoW, always have, always will.

Not playing atm though, not since January 30th :(

Raided MC with my rogue WAAAAAAAAAAAY back in the day, Night Elf male.
Switched to my hunter just before raggie and raided with her from summer 2005 (before hunters were "fixed" :p) right through mc, bwl, aq and naxx pre-TBC. Levelled to 70 in tier3 and cleared kara, gruul, mag and up to vashj phase 3 a few times before I couldn't support the hardcore life anymore.
Have 3 70s now, though if I kept playing, I'd have more by now. Hunter, Moonkin and Shadow Draenei. Multiple alts 60-69 and a few sub 60s.

I still get stick from my friends for the 3 years I played it, but i shrug it off, I love the game too much to let it get to me <3

dafe

Harvester

looks like im the only one that things horde is better then alliance...must be because i dont play on official lol

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

no i agree with you the horde is muchy better than alliance.

alliance side prices are too high
too many kids play alliance side
leveling up is faster on horde
its easier to get around on horde to decent places

just afew reasons why horde is much better :)

D3CYPH3R

Digger

Cyrus said:
too many kids play alliance side

A common misconception, i have high lvl chars on 2 very busy servers and tbh there is very little difference in attitudes and ages on horde and alliance, just as many kids wanna be the nasty Horde as the 'pretty' Alliance. I mean after all nothing i quite as juvenile up as barrens chat.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

maybe its just the unlucky pick of servers ive chosen, but ive had alliance and horde characters on around 5 servers and both i find horde are more grown up about things, obviously there's gonna be afew loose cannons i mean common alot of people on a server

i started on alliance and i was just like horde are jsut trying to make anything up to make the horde sound better, but it was really true, maybe the servers your on are different to the ones i were on.