WoW

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Re: WoW

i was playing a level 70 warrior on my mates account i worked him from the ground up to get to 70

he played a 70 hunter. then switched made mine the main in his guild

was on server sunstrider. and had most of the top gear at the time both had outstanding gear. not to mention all the top arena gear. but he sold acocunt

think he got like £500 for it nvm. it was fun while it lasted. especially being gnome warrior. escape artist on top of those escap trinkets. mages nightmare. had a hell of alot of crit then respecced fury instead of mortal strike. because the guild on the server needed a dpser.

ended up second highest damger a few times. only out damaged by warlock occasionally. was a good little warrior.

cant remeber the guild. think it was randoms on the sunstrider server, top guild pretty much. first to do growl etc. b4 the nerf too.

i havent played wow in ages.

LadyDarkAngel

Harvester

As most of you already know, I play WoW TOO MUCH!! Anyway... my notable (I have abandoned alts in almost each class) characters on Outland EU are:

My main - aka the money spender (lv 70 Mage) - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Myrine
My alt - aka the money grinder (lv 70 Shadow Priest) - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Supremazia
My twink (lv 19 Rogue) - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Selvaggia
My almost twink (lv 29 Warrior) - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Minimyr

Progress Update (for those who play and know what this is about): Mount Hijal 5/5 & Black Temple 8/9 -- damn Illidan just won't die!!!! :cry:

LadyDarkAngel

Harvester

LOL!!! Guess me and my guild are newbs then as we're newbing it in black temple instead of being imba in av :roll:

Like any game it's about choice, some prefer to pvp and some pve. Personally I pvp a little with my priest, but on the whole I prefer to pve with my mage as I get to experience more than the usual battlegrounds/arenas day in, day out. I love learning new encounters and working with another 24 people to try and kill some damned boss... you just can't beat the euphoria you feel after killing a boss you've been fighting for weeks!

Each to their own I say... what a boring world it would be if we were all the same/enjoyed the same things :)

cb1202

Head Gardener

What is a server where a lot of people from Bushtarion play? I might start back up if there is like a bushtarion guild on some server or something.

LadyDarkAngel

Harvester

Myself, Angela, Wintermute and Bobbin play on Outland EU on the alliance side. Some of the dutchies (siers, sovetnik, vickorie and scaggy) play on Defias Brotherhood EU horde side (I have a little pally there now so I can chat with them). :) Alas on Outland I am not in the same guild as the rest.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I've been slowly getting tempted to give WoW one more chance, mainly in light of lack of any other MMO's out atm (or coming out soon), and because quite a few of you guys play it. We'll see... still not got around to it yet, and one thing putting me off is the amount of add-ons/macros/whatever else Angela seems to have and you (Stef) and Dave have talked about the last time we all met up... sounds like there's tonnes of third party stuff you really need to play the game, putting me off just firing it up and creating a char!

(I'm only interested in PVE, and generally tend to solo... (Dave said Night Elf hunter or any raced Warlock would be good for that)

LadyDarkAngel

Harvester

Rogues are also good for solo play. And the add-ons are a choice. I use more than most because of the amount of 25-main raiding I do, and they make things easier (like raid warnings, easier decursing, targeting of raid members etc.) I would say the most valuable add-on would be auctioneer as it helps make some money at the auction house by scanning and storing data, otherwise most aren't necessary :)

Oh and Angela has too many addons (most of them useless ;) ), I think she downloaded every addon out there :p

Bobbin

Head Gardener

Indeed, Anglea has far too many...

I only use a few Addons... A quest one because well, i suck at questing, and it gives me hint in game rather than tabbing to a browser... A bag mod, and fubar.. which has a load of useful **** on it...oh and auctioneer too... and a map mod for co-ordinates :p but in all honesty.. you don't need any of that... it's just to make stuff easier :p

Angela

Harvester

lol ive got rid of most of my addons, i have omen, quest helper, arkinventory, auctioneer .necrosis which is just for warlocks, i added atlast loot today as i was to lazy to go and find out what all the drops where in kara and gruul! probably have a map one as well as im terrible with directions!

But ofc you dont need addons to play wow it just makes life sometimes easier!

I would never be without omen, quest helper and auctioneer, necrosis i could probably live without!

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

pardon me for asking, but all i see is people with a green dwarf, ferry fairy or w/e funny creature with the level 70, i mean doesnt level 71 exist?

i mean why 70 :/

Bobbin

Head Gardener

atsanjose said:
pardon me for asking, but all i see is people with a green dwarf, ferry fairy or w/e funny creature with the level 70, i mean doesnt level 71 exist?

i mean why 70 :/

There is a level cap at 70...

The original had a cap of 60.
Burning Crusade has one of 70.
Wrath of the Lich King will have one of 80.

Angela

Harvester

LadyDarkAngel said:
Rogues are also good for solo play. And the add-ons are a choice. I use more than most because of the amount of 25-main raiding a do, and they make things easier (like raid warnings, easier decursing, targeting of raid members etc.) I would say the most valuable add-on would be auctioneer as it helps make some money at the auction house by scanning and storing data, otherwise most aren't necessary :)

Oh and Angela has too many addons (most of them useless ;) ), I think she downloaded every addon out there :p

You think im bad, was talking to someone in my guild and i made a comment about how we will need to install all our addons again due to the patch, and they said they had 60! i repeat 60 addons!! but only used 10 of them!

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

problem with using so many addons is it messes up the UI, i would actually call shenangans on him actually having 60 running addons

i have a 70 troll priest and a 60 drenai shammy on my current account both of stormrage EU

Melnibone

Head Gardener

Finally going to give this a try anyone got any good suggestions for race/class/professions if i plan on playing mostly solo?