WoW

dafe

Harvester
Re: WoW

i agree cyrus generally the ally side are a bit childish and such, also more bugabusers there on the private server i play

Podunk

Head Gardener

I started out Ally on 2 servers here in the US. Then made a horde to see if there was any difference.

I've found the Ally are extremely arrogant. While a lot of the horde are just laid back and relaxed.

So my conclusion, Ally = ex Everquesters... and Horde FTW!

dafe

Harvester

Podunk said:
I started out Ally on 2 servers here in the US. Then made a horde to see if there was any difference.

I've found the Ally are extremely arrogant. While a lot of the horde are just laid back and relaxed.

So my conclusion, Ally = ex Everquesters... and Horde FTW!
amen! lol

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

Bobbin said:
Horde Suck tbh, full of kids and assholes. Plus easxier to get around as horde? i doubt it tbh...

man it really is if your leveling without a shadow of a doubt, on horde there is a place for every level unlike alliance there is often deadspots in your leveling.

i feel with your horde sucks quote that youve got an alliance character and not played actively on horde at high level, because if you did you would see the difference.
like pdunk said, they are more laid back and relaxed.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator

I'm only going to say this on the matter: people who say "alliance suck" or "horde suck" definitively deserve a kick to the face. Several times.

You cannot conclusively say that one faction is 'better' than the other when you will always find assholes wherever you go - some people you may be kinder towards as you think they're sometimes funny, others you'll think are just muppets - it's the same on every damn server. No one faction is better than the other, guaranteed.

I had several characters when I used to play - both Horde and Alliance (most at level cap) - on different servers and both servers were completely different in attitude. One server was full of kids who would just piss you off no end, both Horde AND Alliance (I know because I had friends on the Horde side), the other had the nicest people you could've ever possibly imagined. It's completely hit and miss. People who say "Alliance suck" and play Horde are guaranteed fools. People who say "Horde suck" and play Alliance are guaranteed pillocks.

As Ralph Emerson once said: "People only see what they are prepared to see." If you play as one faction, you expect the other to be crap. It's human nature. Grow up, and get back to serious discussion instead of this bull-hicky playground nonsense!

Bunion

Harvester

Weeble said:
I'm only going to say this on the matter: people who say "alliance suck" or "horde suck" definitively deserve a kick to the face. Several times.

You cannot conclusively say that one faction is 'better' than the other when you will always find assholes wherever you go - some people you may be kinder towards as you think they're sometimes funny, others you'll think are just muppets - it's the same on every damn server. No one faction is better than the other, guaranteed.

I had several characters when I used to play - both Horde and Alliance (most at level cap) - on different servers and both servers were completely different in attitude. One server was full of kids who would just piss you off no end, both Horde AND Alliance (I know because I had friends on the Horde side), the other had the nicest people you could've ever possibly imagined. It's completely hit and miss. People who say "Alliance suck" and play Horde are guaranteed fools. People who say "Horde suck" and play Alliance are guaranteed pillocks.

As Ralph Emerson once said: "People only see what they are prepared to see." If you play as one faction, you expect the other to be crap. It's human nature. Grow up, and get back to serious discussion instead of this bull-hicky playground nonsense!
Have my children...please!?

This is the sort of common sense I have to beat into any argument that arises in #wow (irc.netgamers.org ofc), but is still lost on most.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

So i've been playing the 10 day trial Angela gave me today and so far im liking it.

Got a lvl 10 Night Elf Druid @ Outlands.

Only thing is - i played guildwars before and you actually got to see other life real characters around the map.
It seems everywhere i go now - i'm lucky to see a single person in hours ;s

Anyone still play? :)

Darryl

Head Gardener

Headed into a major city yet, Twigley? There'll be hundreds of people there.

You're not going to have that many people levelling up at level 10, and there's more than a few zones that you can be doing quests in at any one time. You'll also see more people around when you start questing in contested territories,rather than Horde only areas. If all else fails, come and play on the same realm as Cal and I! ;P

Yang

Harvester

Twigley said:
So i've been playing the 10 day trial Angela gave me today and so far im liking it.

Got a lvl 10 Night Elf Druid @ Outlands.

Only thing is - i played guildwars before and you actually got to see other life real characters around the map.
It seems everywhere i go now - i'm lucky to see a single person in hours ;s

Anyone still play? :)

Kinda good IMO if you're by yourself :p

More mobs for you to grind on and more mines/herbs for you :p

Max

Garden Designer

Hey Yang!

I've just started up a dwarf hunter in Scarshield Legion, you still playing or have you got too much work going on this summer? :) I'm personally not a fan of PvP so I think I'll stay away from Outlands so I can level in peace!

Kariko

Planter

*Sigh* i have to wait till WOTLK expanction pack come out to truely play my lvl 70 druid. Anyone here play on Twilights Hammer realm?
Oh yeah don't want to throw more fuel to the fire on WoW debates but nobody i repeat nobody can say one faction is full of kids and believe it true, I'm alliance and most people i know in the faction are adults...i think the actual kids are the people saying opinions that are completely false and full of bull. :p

Heres my Armory profile if anyone is interested in DPS gear for druids - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight's+Hammer&n=Snuffyz

ooccoo

Weeder

I <3 WoW, been playing since TBC came out on Emerald Dream (EU), and currently on my 3rd account after selling the last 2.

Current Chars:
70 NightElf Shadow Priest http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Ooccoop - These guys need to have their Gear/DPS ratio increased.
70 NightElf Feral Druid http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Shiggsy
70 NightElf BM Hunter http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Ooccooh
59 Human Arc/Fire Mage http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Ooccoom

I'm also currently 'multi-boxing' 3 Elemental Shammies, currently level 23, on the same realm:
Shamrocker http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Shamrocker
Shamrockerb http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Shamrockerb
Shamrockerc http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Shamrockerc

The guild im in isnt much of a raiding guild, got Kara on farm with 2-3teams, and a team in ZA. Unfortunatly we lack comitted raiders for 25mans =[

Bunion

Harvester

For those unaware, the beta for Wrath of the Lich King has begun (last week actually) and a whole host of information and changes (and changes of the changes) (and changes of the changes of the changes....hey, it's a beta :p) is abundant on the relevant fan sites.

These include changes to base class abilities and talents, including the addition of the completely new class: The Death Knight; as well as changes to the basics of the game, with professions being improved, and Inscription being introduced.

CBA to list everything here as I'm only human, so unless you're scared of spoilers, or merely don't care; check it out :p

LadyDarkAngel

Harvester

Im proud to announce that after maybe 6 months bobbin has finally reached lvl 70 with his alliance mage! i know we were surprised as well!

Bunion

Harvester

LadyDarkAngel said:
Im proud to announce that after maybe 6 months bobbin has finally reached lvl 70 with his alliance mage! i know we was suprised as well!
Shame it's a male Draenei.

Delete and try again imo ;p

Max

Garden Designer

I have a question... why do horde players enjoy ganking alliance players so much in Stanglethorn Vale? What sense of enjoyment do they actually get from it? :/

Also, do alliance players have a habit of ganking the horde players in Stranglethorn Vale? Or is it just a strange horde fixation? Just wondering because it's really slowing down my entire levelling process :p The irony is that in Desolace most players on both sides tend to help eachother out...

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

Max thats what u get for playing a PvP realm :p
get ure butsky onto a PvE realm and the whole problem disappears :p