Steam Summer Sale!

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
I loved Torchlight 2, even though I'm not usually a fan of the clickfest loot games. Definitely have to play it through again with a headcrab pet.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Yeah I have two characters on the go right now. One of which is a Embermage with a cat pet. Level 27 or so. I found that a lot of the spells kinda sucked, but there are two that are amazing. The prismatic spray (i think?) that shoots out a bunch of seeking magic bolts is sick as well as the pillars of fire where you spawn out seeking pillars of fire directly from you that hunt down people and burn them. It's so much fun those two, just ruination! My pet is a cat because who doesn't like cats?

My second character is a (forget the name) a gun user and I have a giant shotgun and a headcrab for a pet. HILARIOUS. It's just a stupid amount of fun.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
I just picked random when I first played and it generated a pet badger called Marbles. I was won over at that point tbh.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Everyone caves eventually!

Resistance is futile.

I'll resist until the game becomes 8-10 years old, then I'll feel retro by purchasing it for pennies to see what you are all talking about.

I'm currently playing some Korean MMORPG where you get given a free pet pig to collect items for you (appropriately named PIG_SH*T as it wouldn't let me call it F*CKPIG - Damned Koreans). It doesn't half drag by level 30-40, though.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Yeah I have two characters on the go right now. One of which is a Embermage with a cat pet. Level 27 or so. I found that a lot of the spells kinda sucked, but there are two that are amazing. The prismatic spray (i think?) that shoots out a bunch of seeking magic bolts is sick as well as the pillars of fire where you spawn out seeking pillars of fire directly from you that hunt down people and burn them. It's so much fun those two, just ruination! My pet is a cat because who doesn't like cats?

My second character is a (forget the name) a gun user and I have a giant shotgun and a headcrab for a pet. HILARIOUS. It's just a stupid amount of fun.

If you want to play the multiplayer on TL2 some time drop me a message!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Roger roger. I'm still stuck playing Civ V. Also, I'll be all over Rome Total War 2 when it comes out in September.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Roger roger. I'm still stuck playing Civ V. Also, I'll be all over Rome Total War 2 when it comes out in September.

I finally won a game on Emperor difficulty yesterday :D

I love it to death, but Civ V is *really slow* in the later eras.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I finally won a game on Emperor difficulty yesterday :D

I love it to death, but Civ V is *really slow* in the later eras.

Yeah finally I switched over to the "automatic" battles, and it just takes forever. It's great fun, and by God I'd get creamed on Emperor Difficulty. I still putter along on Normal difficulty lol.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
so, I finally upgraded my computer and have joined steam in time for the xmas sale which is now over. i don't have tons of games (snagged left 4 dead 2 for free, which was pretty cool): left 4 dead 2, xcom enemy unknown, fallout 1 and 2 and tactics, HL,2,ep 1,2, TF classic, opposing force, blue shift, deathmatch source and whatever other source.

currently working on xcom, left 4 dead 2 (never played 1, so a little difficult getting into this), fallout 1.

however, i'm ready and willing to friend anyone and will consider purchasing games you/i like to play. just send me a pm here or whatever and we'll exchange info.