Steam Summer Sale!

Alvestein

Garden Designer
Just thought I should let you all know the steam summer sale has commenced!

With games getting discounts up to 90%, what can go wrong!? I've already picked up Civ 5 gold edition and Xcom unknown enemy both at 75% off!

If you see stuff on sale but not as a daily deal/flash sale, hold off until the end of the sale as it might get even cheaper!

Rough guide on how to buy :)

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/07/how-to-make-the-most-of-the-steam-summer-sale/

What's on your wishlist guys?

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
With games getting discounts up to 90%, what can go wrong!? I've already picked up Civ 5 gold edition and Xcom unknown enemy both at 75% off!

Congratulations! You have just sold your life away for the next half-a-year! Both are amazing games.

I bought the new Civ V expansion before the sale starts, so don't have too much to play with. However, managed to pick up FTL: Faster Than Light and Trine 2 for under £4.50 in total. Really good value.

If I recall correctly, Torchlight II is currently £3.70 in one of the daily vote sales. Fun, well-designed game in the vain of Diablo. It looks fantastic too. Seriously, this game is better than Diablo 3, and a fraction of the price. Go get it.

Mattheus

Head Gardener
I'm so damn tempted to get the latest Civ V expansion Brave New World but it's ****ing dangerous. I just know I'd get absolutely nothing done for the next 6 months as it consumes my life. I clocked 250+ hours in Gods and Kings in a pretty short amount of time...it's like digital crack :/

And as for sins, I find it pretty average tbh. A bunch of friends play it so convinved me to get it a few months ago when it was last on sale and it didn't really grab me.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
I'm so damn tempted to get the latest Civ V expansion Brave New World but it's ****ing dangerous. I just know I'd get absolutely nothing done for the next 6 months as it consumes my life. I clocked 250+ hours in Gods and Kings in a pretty short amount of time...it's like digital crack :/

It is excellent. With that and Cities in Motion 2, I have very little time in my life for eating or breathing.

Alvestein

Garden Designer

Congratulations! You have just sold your life away for the next half-a-year! Both are amazing games.

I bought the new Civ V expansion before the sale starts, so don't have too much to play with. However, managed to pick up FTL: Faster Than Light and Trine 2 for under £4.50 in total. Really good value.

If I recall correctly, Torchlight II is currently £3.70 in one of the daily vote sales. Fun, well-designed game in the vain of Diablo. It looks fantastic too. Seriously, this game is better than Diablo 3, and a fraction of the price. Go get it.

I played torchlight 1. is 2 much different because I found 1 to be repetitive and no depth..

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator

I played torchlight 1. is 2 much different because I found 1 to be repetitive and no depth..

I've not played 1, so I can't compare sadly. I haven't played many of these point-click-kill/looting games before, but Torchlight II was good value. Frankly, you can have a headcrab pet which attacks people for you. I can't see how that isn't worth £4.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I bought it Brave New World Matt. You *******. I wish you had said it was crap and not worth playing. I HAVE SO MUCH WORK TO DO YOU RUINED ME.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
My work here is done.

<3 Alci

Dude you're killing me. It's not even 8 AM and I'm wide awake playing CIV V Brave New World.

Just finished a game as VENICE. Totally awesome. I actually had so much fun playing as one city, then just like OH BAM MERCHANT OF VENICE TO THE FACE.

Now I'm playing as the Zulu, and it's pretty cool, Impi are pretty neat. Some cool bonuses like +15% Flanking bonus so if you use them right, they're downright lethal.

Anyways, I'm really pissed at you :p

Mattheus

Head Gardener
You see this is the reason I decided not to get Brave new world. I just know it would completely take over my life.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
But you realise that your life would be better spent *playing* Brave New World, don't you?!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Also MattM (you rat) I got Torchlight 2. Fun as all get out. Like Diablo 3 but funnier, and boatloads more fun, somehow.