Round 52 Awards DISCUSSION THREAD

Elevnos

BANNED
Worst Leader: Alevo. You didn't even lead, for Christ's sake. I really don't get why you get given roles as a leader when the fact of the matter is you simply aren't a FTW leader. No offence chap, it's just a fact. Martin was always leading, not you.

While I agree that I was bad and did nothing, there's no need for this. My alliance won the round last round as well if you remember.

Atlantis

Pruner
Was a bit harsh, i never had a problem with alex and always thought he led from the front. I told him he would be a good FTW leader and he's gone on and won. Twice. Granted theres hardly anyone playing FTW these days but he still beat the rest. Hats off to you alex :D

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
Whilst this round he has been about as useful as a chocolate hanky, Alevo is more than capable of leading (did so last round admirably with IAS (still not sure lol) and Gazzy). Just so happend that this round Addicted/Martin were very keen/had **** nailed down and seemed to be happy to do it that way, so Alevo did bugger all and me even less. Granted I've never been good for planning anyway!

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Worst Leader: Alevo. You didn't even lead, for Christ's sake. I really don't get why you get given roles as a leader when the fact of the matter is you simply aren't a FTW leader. No offence chap, it's just a fact. Martin was always leading, not you.

While I agree that I was bad and did nothing, there's no need for this. My alliance won the round last round as well if you remember.

The reason I said no offence is simple: You winning has absolutely no merit when your 'competition' aren't really competing. You couldn't lead a real ftw alliance from even four years ago - You simply don't have the experience or the dedication (even I don't nowadays). It might sound harsh - But you had absolutely no real pressure in either this round or the last. You haven't had to deal with backstabs en masse, a crushing defeat from which to fight back from, or even unreliable members costing you dearly. Every leader in Bushtarion history that I respect utterly HAS endured such things in ONE round.

As I quite clearly stated before: You aren't a ftw leader. It's not intended to hurt your feelings, but I don't want you to take this as being a feat of leadership mastery, and I haven't seen anybody else noticing this either (or at least mentioning it).

Atlantis

Pruner
As I said and dax reiterated there is no competition anymore - however alex is leading and winning against whats in front of him. Its not his fault the game is dead and we will never know how he would have fared against previous winning alliance leaders, but by winning twice on the spin he's doing something right even if that is just recruiting the best/most active players still going.

The best 20 players of the round won this time...move on.....

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I definitely wouldn't say the best 20 won. Give any alliance Martin and Addicted with people that'll stick their numbers up, and they'll win. Seriously.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I definitely wouldn't say the best 20 won. Give any alliance Martin and Addicted with people that'll stick their numbers up, and they'll win. Seriously.

Then I'd say more fool you. The whole alliance pulled their weight, stayed active when needed, followed some rough guidelines. Pretty lame to try and say that they only won due to one variable.
We were against fairly solid opponents this round, TAP folded because we were absolutely unrelentless in fighting them and while you may not have been pro-active early on, you still held enough score to be considered a third contender. We as a unit barrelled past any competition - regardless of how TAP and AM consider themselves you both have/had fairly solid line-ups and were out-classed.
You were beaten by a team, not two individuals. It was our teamwork and community ethic which is what made us the best this round.

I also think your damnnation of Alevo is unfair. This may sound arrogant but anyone leading nowdays bar probably yourself or Twigley in this current playerbase will be out-vocalised by me. My situation meant I could offer activity, tactical awareness and experience - the fact Alevo listened to such advice makes him a wise man. All of the wealthiest individuals in the world employ experienced people in particular industries and specialities to perform tasks - Alevo simply got addicted and I to "run" a war machine for a few weeks. Based on the fact his alliance won and yours didn't I'd say that was a fairly sound decision?

minifreak

Pruner

I'm the one who isn't in the best 20 aren't I? 19/20 isn't bad. :-(

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Anybody can listen to people tell you what to do if you have the sense to listen in the first place. It's not damning him, I just made a point that to me, a leader should lead by total example. Planning/taking blows/knowledge. It's an opinion. The awards are opinions. That is mine.

My group were not all contactable or over-active. It's quite clear to be honest - We discussed it on Facebook too, Martina. I wasn't contending with anybody this round with the lineup. Resisting was an attempt to force you to earn your win. It was the worst resistance I have ever seen.

I maintain that whilst historically my alliance at present is absolutely ballin', presently we are a group of people that have had and enjoyed their glory days of infinite activity, and sitting by IRC/phones whilst they sleep - We had a great laugh, but the activity you dedicated was way more than we were prepared to give. Well done, and you deserved your landslide.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
So to summarise Dax...

Alevo, there was no real competition, Martin was the officer in charge, and therefore you are the worst leader.
To earn Dax's respect as a leader you must have led an alliance which has been ****ed over and you recovered.
Dax didn't win because he wasn't ftw. But he wouldve won if he was.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
Nah I think it was more like a n0c0; homewrecker or icy and canoodle. They had the title of leader, but did nothing on their own. While winning, both earned worst leader. Many votes coming from within their alliances. Basically the only (good) action they did was pick the right people. But I tend to gloss over long posts anymore.

Chris_

Head Gardener
Nah I think it was more like a n0c0; homewrecker or icy and canoodle. They had the title of leader, but did nothing on their own. While winning, both earned worst leader. Many votes coming from within their alliances. Basically the only (good) action they did was pick the right people. But I tend to gloss over long posts anymore.

Or Dimitar with jukebox...

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Who actually DID lead Jukebox? I remember it as some sort of 'free for all do whatever' job.

And Tim, clever boy - You read my post. /applause

It's not much to understand, and Garrett got it bang on. The "omg Dax u so ego", is old now. If you could just kindly wring your tears of butthurt into a glass for me, I'll drink them later.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I honestly don't remember who actually did any leading, though. As I said I just remember it as being some fold of lunatics doing whatever they fancied.