Round 49 Awards DISCUSSIONS GO HERE

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Many have proven in the past that you can, in fact, be competitive as a solo

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
* Alliance of the round - This goes to Adram and Boat. Adram for holding out and continuously attacking. And when things got tough, the core didnt leave. And to Boat for coming out on top. It was a very good war from both sides, but unfortunately Boat won.

* Best Offensive Alliance - Adram. We/Them sent mass attacks one after the other, and went on for 24hrs + on occassions. The boat did send mass attacks, but it was one for every few hours. Completely different tactic.

* Best Defensive Alliance - Adram/Boat for defending the masses continuously and holding out for so long. This also goes to DW for being the very good defensive alliance it always is.

* Honourable Mention Alliance - Discworld/Funderdome. Both done well this round, and didn't complain when you was both attacked quite a lot.

* Worst Alliance - Ka'Tet. Where was the enthusiasm?

* Best Leader - Ed/Cyrus. Ed for being the pr0 player he is. But also Cyrus. If it wasnt for him Adram would have failed LONG before they did. He kept the alliance in order for when I was inactive quite a bit due to me finishing college. He should have had leadership before.

* Worst Leader - Me. I was inactive due to college, and just failed. I cant express enough how sorry I am to the players who wanted to do well and I failed them. I think its clear I don't fit to be the leader role, and just stick to being a normal member.

* Player of the Round - Allied - So many deserve this:

Cyrus: You kept the alliance together overall, and planning the defence and most of the attacks. First time Ive played alongside you and I loved it. You are a great player and I hope I play alongside you again soon.
Godsend/Garrett/Amanala: You guys were solid nightcover. Not only on occassions, but all the time. Thank you!
Ogluk: With your early guru/blockers, we would have lost a lot more land if you didnt have the blockers you had.
FeR: You played exceptionally well, and helped out with a number of different things, and stepped up to different roles when needed.

To the others who wern't mentioned, you all played exceptionally well, thank you!

* Player of the Round - Solo - I'm not aware of any amazing solo players this round.

* Best Offensive Player - Ed/Deliotte - You guys continuously rushed us, and it got annoying :) Cyrus/Fer for your willingness to attack all the time. This goes to Janpe too for the same reasons.

* Best Defensive Player - There are too many who deserve this award. Everyone played exceptional in defence work.

* Honourable Mention Player - Cyrus. You had a great round and what you did for me was something I didnt expect. Congrats.

* Worst Player - Oonie/Brandon/Chef. These planned on leaving us and join the boat in mass attacks. Although we think oonie/Brandon was the main culprits, the three names was mentioned. And brandon aswell for being ****ing useless all round. Ryan for his insultive in-game messages. KB/LSm for being multi's. MrFlos for having a multi and being utterly useless too and threatening me when I kicked him.

* Best Moment of Round - Having a decent amount of troops once, and killing people?

* Worst Moment of Round - Finding out Bram had died. This was VERY sad and was totally unexpected. Failing as a leader and having to quit for a bit.

LS and Garrett deserve more of a mention for Guruing than me, and it was Jay not Ryan mouthing off at folks, if anything Ryan deserves an award, been pretty solid all round for a first time playing allied properly.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
This round sucked. The round gets the award for sucking. Wasn't supposed to be ftw, but that went out the window quickly. Why? I don't know because 4 or 5 of our starting line up didn't even log in for days and was replaced.

So stargazer's award for worst line up I don't agree with because he didn't know the original route set up. That setup went out the window when the brains behind the beast decided anyone who applied would be good no matter the route. That's the decision(s) that sucked. Not the original set up.

Then it was the whiners who wanted to be CG. You guys suck.

worst moments:
Started as a pom. First to guru. First to finish the route. Was having fun not killing. Told to restart. I don't like the harrier route. Never have :(

finally decided to help plan when i didn't want to be involved. 19 people said they wanted to attack and only 13 showed up. tore that plan all to hell. the other plans never enacted because people only wanted to be pranked online for the launch time. never wanted to pay attention more than a tick and half of the people killed themselves because they never came back on to recall.

adram did well for being a tragic comedy of errors. that says more about the boat, tho. their stiffest competition was an alliance who could never put it's head on straight and it took them more than half the round to topple us.

so kudos to the boat, i guess. had we not helped you by tearing ourselves apart so much - i doubt you'd have amounted to much. madness. especially with all that talent you have.

There were about 10 decent people in Adram and I named them in an earlier post in discussions or battle reports. so if you want to see if you were named, go there and look for it.

*edit: found the link summation of k/r and people who stood out positively

Glad this round is over.

Last edited:

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
* Best Leader - Ed/Cyrus.

* Best Offensive Player - Ed/Deliotte

I wasn't leader and I don't think you know which ID is mine (I am not the SA player) :p

You're public. How can people not know your id when you're public.
Do you really fail this much, Tiger?

I haven't searched through all of Boats id's to find ed. I got told the SA was ed, so I took it as he was.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
* Best Leader - Ed/Cyrus.

* Best Offensive Player - Ed/Deliotte

I wasn't leader and I don't think you know which ID is mine (I am not the SA player) :p

You're public. How can people not know your id when you're public.
Do you really fail this much, Tiger?

I haven't searched through all of Boats id's to find ed. I got told the SA was ed, so I took it as he was.

A simple "yes" would've sufficed

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
Ah Stargazer your mistake was always hitting sleep around the same time, and trolling us with messages, all the while accruing Big bounties. We had the motivation, it was just a case of figuring out your send-out tactic and realising it meant leaving lethals home - you guys did some nice attacks together though. We had a proper mini-war for a while :)

As for awards, been nowhere near the top, but thanks to everyone who's put time into TUE, we've had some great battles, highs and lows, then just lost too many troops on too many defences (won and lost) to be able to defend big incomings. Kudos to everyone this round, the civility and good sportsmanship have been impressive, and it was good watching the top two go at it! Gj all :)

Chris_

Head Gardener
This round sucked. The round gets the award for sucking. Wasn't supposed to be ftw, but that went out the window quickly. Why? I don't know because 4 or 5 of our starting line up didn't even log in for days and was replaced.

So stargazer's award for worst line up I don't agree with because he didn't know the original route set up. That setup went out the window when the brains behind the beast decided anyone who applied would be good no matter the route. That's the decision(s) that sucked. Not the original set up.

Then it was the whiners who wanted to be CG. You guys suck.

worst moments:
Started as a pom. First to guru. First to finish the route. Was having fun not killing. Told to restart. I don't like the harrier route. Never have :(

finally decided to help plan when i didn't want to be involved. 19 people said they wanted to attack and only 13 showed up. tore that plan all to hell. the other plans never enacted because people only wanted to be pranked online for the launch time. never wanted to pay attention more than a tick and half of the people killed themselves because they never came back on to recall.

adram did well for being a tragic comedy of errors. that says more about the boat, tho. their stiffest competition was an alliance who could never put it's head on straight and it took them more than half the round to topple us.

so kudos to the boat, i guess. had we not helped you by tearing ourselves apart so much - i doubt you'd have amounted to much. madness. especially with all that talent you have.

There were about 10 decent people in Adram and I named them in an earlier post in discussions or battle reports. so if you want to see if you were named, go there and look for it.

*edit: found the link summation of k/r and people who stood out positively

Glad this round is over.

This is comical. it took us over half the round to "topple" you because we had 1 attack time when we had enough people on to send decent enough attacks. Also people killing themselves because they didn't come back well funnily enough they don't get killed if we don't have people there to kill them. Our defensive planning was amazing and people were amazing at executing orders on little time. At least 3 or 4 people were always unreachable during certain times and yet you didn't manage to use that to your advantage (poor planning??).

The Boat was the best damn alliance for a long time. People were completely unselfish, played for the team and didn't give a **** if people weren't able to put in as much time playing as they did. They got on with it and made sure that person was treated exactly the same as any other. The attack planning was also awesome because nobody was designated as a "planner". A lot of people planned who'd never planned before and the rest of the ally was there to offer opinions and help out with teaching people.
I'm really glad we managed to beat the embodiment of what Bushtarion "ftw" has become. People are expected to completely dedicate their lives to the game to make it easier to win, rather than putting in the effort to make sure that if someone can't be there that you can cover them. People expect to win just by being online more than their rivals instead of winning by outclassing your opponents (which obviously wasn't hard in this case).

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
*yawn* adra was ftw only cuz tiger changed it to be. most people were recruited with the notion it wasn't ftw.

and yes, outclassing wasn't hard because we beat ourselves. simple as. don't break your arm patting yourself on the back so hard. ;)

Most addicted: The Boat alliance members have logged in 7,111 times.
Least Life: The Boat alliance members have been marked as online for the most amount of ticks.

you had contactability and activity. your post is full of hypocrisy chris.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Many have proven in the past that you can, in fact, be competitive as a solo

Indeed. I shouldn't need to expand on it. Just go look through past rankings.

Yeh looked in past rankings,99.9% allied.Thanks for your input.

Being competent doesn't equal finishing in the top 10. If you want to be competent, yet have it easy, and still having to get to brag about doing well as solo.. well yeah, that's not gonna happen.

If you can't do well enough as a solo, then that's your own fault really.