Round 49 Awards DISCUSSIONS GO HERE

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
*yawn* adra was ftw only cuz tiger changed it to be. most people were recruited with the notion it wasn't ftw.

When I recruited, I said 'It primarily is FTF, but it can be FTW depending on what people want and on our round start. Majority of people wanted it FTW so thats how it became.

Chris_

Head Gardener
Most addicted: The Boat alliance members have logged in 7,111 times.
Least Life: The Boat alliance members have been marked as online for the most amount of ticks.

you had contactability and activity. your post is full of hypocrisy chris.

Didn't we already go over this? None of us restarted for one. Im also not denying the fact that we have people who ARE active and contactable, just saying that not everyone is. We have people with 6k ticks online and people who are barely over 1k.

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
*yawn* adra was ftw only cuz tiger changed it to be. most people were recruited with the notion it wasn't ftw.

and yes, outclassing wasn't hard because we beat ourselves. simple as. don't break your arm patting yourself on the back so hard. ;)

Most addicted: The Boat alliance members have logged in 7,111 times.
Least Life: The Boat alliance members have been marked as online for the most amount of ticks.

you had contactability and activity. your post is full of hypocrisy chris.
Garrett you have to be hands down the poorest and most ungracious loser I have yet to see post here.
Not only does the membership in Adra not deserve the bashing you have made public but in fact should receive Kudo's for having risen to the top so quickly and holding onto the lead for so long. While I am not privy to Adra's inner politics beyond the Tiger screw ups. I think maybe you in your greatness deserve some credit for poor moral within if you talked and behaved the way you have here on award thread.:idea:

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
LS and Garrett deserve more of a mention for Guruing than me, and it was Jay not Ryan mouthing off at folks, if anything Ryan deserves an award, been pretty solid all round for a first time playing allied properly.

Ahh, sorry Ryan, my mistake. Always got them two mixed up. Ryan has been very impressive this round. First time Ive even heard of him he has put up a good impression. I could recommend him to anyone!

Garrett got his mention before, so he can't be greedy ;) And LS_ has a fit bird, what more does he want?!

jamesNchina

Tree Surgeon
* Alliance of the round - This goes to Adram and Boat. Adram for holding out and continuously attacking. And when things got tough, the core didnt leave. And to Boat for coming out on top. It was a very good war from both sides, but unfortunately Boat won.

* Best Offensive Alliance - Adram. We/Them sent mass attacks one after the other, and went on for 24hrs + on occassions. The boat did send mass attacks, but it was one for every few hours. Completely different tactic.

* Best Defensive Alliance - Adram/Boat for defending the masses continuously and holding out for so long. This also goes to DW for being the very good defensive alliance it always is.

* Honourable Mention Alliance - Discworld/Funderdome. Both done well this round, and didn't complain when you was both attacked quite a lot.

* Worst Alliance - Ka'Tet. Where was the enthusiasm?

* Best Leader - Ed/Cyrus. Ed for being the pr0 player he is. But also Cyrus. If it wasnt for him Adram would have failed LONG before they did. He kept the alliance in order for when I was inactive quite a bit due to me finishing college. He should have had leadership before.

* Worst Leader - Me. I was inactive due to college, and just failed. I cant express enough how sorry I am to the players who wanted to do well and I failed them. I think its clear I don't fit to be the leader role, and just stick to being a normal member.

* Player of the Round - Allied - So many deserve this:

Cyrus: You kept the alliance together overall, and planning the defence and most of the attacks. First time Ive played alongside you and I loved it. You are a great player and I hope I play alongside you again soon.
Godsend/Garrett/Amanala: You guys were solid nightcover. Not only on occassions, but all the time. Thank you!
Ogluk: With your early guru/blockers, we would have lost a lot more land if you didnt have the blockers you had.
FeR: You played exceptionally well, and helped out with a number of different things, and stepped up to different roles when needed.

To the others who wern't mentioned, you all played exceptionally well, thank you!

* Player of the Round - Solo - I'm not aware of any amazing solo players this round.

* Best Offensive Player - Ed/Deliotte - You guys continuously rushed us, and it got annoying :) Cyrus/Fer for your willingness to attack all the time. This goes to Janpe too for the same reasons.

* Best Defensive Player - There are too many who deserve this award. Everyone played exceptional in defence work.

* Honourable Mention Player - Cyrus. You had a great round and what you did for me was something I didnt expect. Congrats.

* Worst Player - Oonie/Brandon/Chef. These planned on leaving us and join the boat in mass attacks. Although we think oonie/Brandon was the main culprits, the three names was mentioned. And brandon aswell for being ****ing useless all round. Ryan for his insultive in-game messages. KB/LSm for being multi's. MrFlos for having a multi and being utterly useless too and threatening me when I kicked him.

* Best Moment of Round - Having a decent amount of troops once, and killing people?

* Worst Moment of Round - Finding out Bram had died. This was VERY sad and was totally unexpected. Failing as a leader and having to quit for a bit.

For the record Tiger, we didn't recruit but one ex-Adra that I am aware of =Bluehen and then only because you (or whoever) screwed him over so bad with an unwarranted K/R - well that is not the only reason, we took him on because he is a hell of a nice guy and a very solid Bush player. After Bluehen when it was obvious the moral in Adra had gone to crap, the general consensus in the Boat was to accept no ex-Adra regardless of who it was or what route etc.
Also Oonie and Brandon never asked or solicited a bunk on the Boat prior to leaving Adra. And to say they were worthless is a conundrum since they were your biggest and most aggressive players near the whole time they were on your alliance. :/

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
whatever james. let's see how team cohesion and morale does when you kick/rape your members every other day for 2 weeks and then half the ally stops showing up. i'm glad you have all the answers.

it was a stressful struggle internally without the boat. it was not a happy place to be. definitely not enjoyable. terrakan is a pimp tho.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Ofc we attacked. We were very active at it. So many good Brs and 0ings. Just never adra and boat.

We had as much nightcover than daycover in our original line up. Like 6 aussies, 2 asians and 2 americans. Thats why it always seemed like we had alot on.

Also a top moment for me was massing bikers and PB and 0ing all those Poms who thought they were safe. The amount of mails i got asking me who the hell goes the ratio i went was funny. Oldschool ftw.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
For the record Tiger, we didn't recruit but one ex-Adra that I am aware of =Bluehen and then only because you (or whoever) screwed him over so bad with an unwarranted K/R - well that is not the only reason, we took him on because he is a hell of a nice guy and a very solid Bush player. After Bluehen when it was obvious the moral in Adra had gone to crap, the general consensus in the Boat was to accept no ex-Adra regardless of who it was or what route etc.
Also Oonie and Brandon never asked or solicited a bunk on the Boat prior to leaving Adra. And to say they were worthless is a conundrum since they were your biggest and most aggressive players near the whole time they were on your alliance. :/

James, just for the record, Oonie did ask to join you guys so Ed informed me and gave me logs of such thing, i had an incline this was going to happen as oonie did nothing but moan about how he shouldnt have to be active blah blah

that's why he was booted, Chef and Brandon were going to follow him the night you actually started making good progress

either i was lied to by Ed, or you dont know all the facts, i would go for the latter.

Chris_

Head Gardener
Just wanted to say ed is nothing without his mighty whiteboard, more credit to the whiteboard plz.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Hmm.. I wasn't going to post here because I joined late and have hardly played (despite Cyrus giving me credit for being a good defender.. I was epicly lazy :p) but I need to help clear up a few things.

James - Garrett, whilst about condescending as he can be about it, isn't wrong. It took me less than 12 hours after joining (and taking Bluehen's spot, and not know who I was replacing until afterwards) to see that the alliance was broken. Adram has the lead, but their route setup was really poor, there was only a few people who were reliable, few listened properly on defense, fewer still were capable of making their own decisions on where to defend, and most wouldn't help do anything to help out the ally unless it helped them directly as well. It was shameful to see.

Also - see Cyrus's post about for info on oonie, brandon, and Chef. 2 of those 3 were reliable enough, but betrayal is unforgivable.

Once Cyrus took the reigns, things started to settle into a normal rank 2 alliance. He kept what was left of the alliance together and tried to bring in some fresh blood to fill the gaps. It was a tough situation, and as much crap as I like to give him, he did a really good job of it (don't tell him I said that!) :p

Before Bluehen was kicked, I don't know what the alliance was like, I wasn't here and can't comment. I do know I haven't been able to be ANYWHERE near as active as I thought I could be. Life is sneaky like that :p

edd

Tree Surgeon
* Best Moment of Round - On our first day of massing Boat we wiped martin out and watched him rage quit (signing up to an alliance and leaving before round start is a bit bent, i did warn tiger not to get him for that same reason but he didn't listen, him and nightmare knew best apparently)

Hmmm, Martin killed himself a good chunk the previous night on dw deliberately and exclaimed that now his exam was done he didn't want to be held back by bush, we defended him on the first wave, but we only had about 7 online so we were spread too thin to do it again for somebody that wasn't going to help. He didn't so much ragequit as he did just not log in again until we k/r pretty much.

And ye, James is wrong/doesn't have all the facts with the oonie/Brandon/chef situation, they all applied to The Boat slap bang in the middle of the war, pathetic really.

Last edited:

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

That's what i was referring to, but yeah they suck big time and really did nothing for us but moan and mutiny.

Getting defence out of them was like getting blood from a stone, Chef wasnt as bad as the other two though

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
I'm not sure where condescending comes into play. The emotion I was going for was utter contempt. I had a bad feeling about certain players and had contempt for the lack of leadership and cohesion. Either I did a poor job of conveying that or you ****ers are retarded. :) I got talked out of quitting, but in hindsight I should have anyway.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
I think we're all in agreement that we've had some right numpties in our alliance this round, the end.