Round 38 - Award 'Discussions'

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
on a seperate note.

Smarty is most definitely not a dumbass. Please refrain from naming him as such.
At the end of the day LS, if Twiglet wanted a win, he would of prised it from you. It is that simple. He had done it to bigger and better before present days (I'll assume you had at least heard that he is one of the best leaders in Bush history).
You had a stale round victory, and it's not going to be remembered any differently - Move on and fight for a real win this round.

...the win was stil a "real" win. :p

lol. i dont think you can have a fake win. if you win you win. even if you have napped alliances like virus, back in the day. or stop other alliances below you landing the ones even further below you by defending against them. like angela's core? defending against welshie and BW's targets, or whether you are in an alliance that crushes the only other competitor and the ftf alliance suicides out of range...the win is still a real win.... its still thier engrained on little bits of virtual data on the bushtarion website. even if the victory is percieved to be shallow or hollow

see look here its real im not dreaming

its about as tangible as data records of an online game get

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
willy you won by default as there were no other allies even remotely willing to achieve it :p

thus, hollow meaningless victory!

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
ogluk

oh yeah, but still a real victory. and we took out omni 1v1. so not completely hollow. they were our size. but yeah we had a ftw allaince and we won in a short space of time. and had no real other competitors... its still a REAL victory even if hollow in your opinion.

if a solo gets rank 1 because rank 1 alliance wont hit him... is it his fault? does the action of others lessen his achievement.

Twigley.. has always been overhyped.. I've playing in his ally before, and he complains more than anyone I've ever met, and emo-quits almost daily. His alliances are always held together by the rest of the alliance despite his personality.. His only redeeming features are his ability to get a good group of players together and plan attacks/defense. Things I myself can do, without all the emo BS.

LOL.
You have played with me once and wasn't that when Dematto was leader and i was just MO and your bum buddy Willy (You know i love you) will tell you about me that round.

lol you said bum :p
is some one jealouse willy isnt giving them enough bum buddy attention...~*huggs*

...i can understand your rage. and therefore i know you must understand that of luckysports. being told his efforts and that of his alliance in Klepto were some how wrong or bad or **** or shoddy or shallow and hollow because there was no competition....

trust us it wasnt our choice for you guys to suicide...good move though gave you what you wanted fun times and little incoming...... i think that the annoyance lucky has is the same one you have. people saying stuff with limited knowledge of what really happened. talking **** about stuff they dont know. badmouthing others wrongly. some how trying to demeen a sucess you have worked hard for. and unfairly so.

I dont think he meant to critiscise you so strongly. only the fact that dax called you best leader of bush history is funny, and perhaps a bit too far. or at least i think so. as i never played in rounds 1-7. and i was never lead by angela,welshie,bw,sordes,ds,martin or any of those that i had heard were good, best leader ive seen or played under is not best leader in bushtarion history :p and i admit when i played with you last twiglyey it was hilarious. and a bit stressful cos i believe it was the 15man alliance round? or have we played together since? so i know you have the skills to lead well..something not many ar willing to step up and do. but because you and your group didnt want to play ftw, it does seem frustrating that it is inferered we couldnt have given you a run for your money just because we never got a chance to try.

Last edited:

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Dax called me that?
I am definately not the best leader ever, and if Dax said that, he probally did overhype me but saying random ***** like LS did is pretty ill informed.
And unforunately, LS may have put some effort into this round to do w/e effort he needed to do to beat the good awful Omni, but i still think it was relatively meaningless compared to other rounds.

(I did give Klepto alliance of the round btw, so i don't know why all the hate from him onto me just because someone else thinks i am good :S)

Lol that round was funny indeed btw. Good round for resistance / counter attacking etc.
You were attack dogs in the Exitlude round i think?
Round 29?

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Dax called me that?
I am definately not the best leader ever, and if Dax said that, he probally did overhype me

Thus, please note I didn't say that. Welshie still has my vote there. I said you were the best of the modern-day era.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
The other day I won a race against a cripple, a baby and a woman with parkinsons. I r teh beez kneez.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
partly on topic
Smarty is most definitely not a dumbass. Please refrain from naming him as such.
At the end of the day LS, if Twiglet wanted a win, he would of prised it from you. It is that simple. He had done it to bigger and better before present days (I'll assume you had at least heard that he is one of the best leaders in Bush history).
You had a stale round victory, and it's not going to be remembered any differently - Move on and fight for a real win this round.

lol

and toby. yeah i was in that same race... against a cripple a retard and a 1 legged dog. and i won too, gave a little whoop and cheer then went to the pub as i didnt really care, but i guess as linford christie wasnt trying i deserve to be demeaned? and critiscised. especially as my sponsor (kill all 1 legged retarded cripple dogs) isnt liked by the other competitors.

metaphors... can seem a little patronising if you chose one a bit to simple ;)

off topic
all this personal insulting stuff is wearing thin for me.Iim gonna chill out and hope it resolves itself

....oooh yeah exitlude, umm tbh i cant remeber being in them. doesnt look like i was in my id history. but they seem very familiar.
I wish id history was more indepth sometimes.

Last edited:

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Nah you weren't i just looked. Thought you were ha, nm. Epic round though! Guess the people calling me best leader that round were just over-hyping me though. Afterall i only stayed up till 5/6am every morning organising defence and attack. :(

Caranthir

Harvester
And pranking me on at 4am b/c you sensed an attack.

And sure Twigley is a jerk sometimes, and emo sometimes. But that is because the man never sleeps. But he does know the game inside and out, backward and forward. (To be honest though Twigley, Lilow held the alliance together that one time, but BB was leader not you, so I guess I will give you a pass)

Anywho: back to the point: you had some good players. You were the only group that cared about winning (saying Omni was trying to win is like saying a gnome is trying to dunk a basketball). So yes, you won. Good job. Hooray for you. And look Recon, winning didn't require splitting other allies and having spies everywhere ready to leave their alliance and reform for you and all the other stuff you have pulled over the years. So good for you on that end.

And I'm pretty sure the top ally wasn't even facing rushes from Rank 3. At least not very well thought out ones.

And never underestimate the ability to get other people to suicide on you. The ability to make people rush headlong into foolish battles is legendary.

Caranthir

Harvester
To recap my points were:

1. Twigley is a beast at this game and takes more crap for it than he should (especially from me)

2. Congratulations to the people in Recon's ally for being willing to play for the win, knowing you could be replaced at any time for any reason

3. Congratulations to Recon for finally figuring out that the easiest way to win is to assemble all the people who want to win in one alliance and go from there.

4. Iamsmart is a naked female singing on a rock in the ocean luring sailors to their doom.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I thought Twigley was a beast at the game until I learned he didn't properly understand the basic concepts of how BR's are calculated :(

on a less important note, Iamsmart is always right. Quit arguing against me, fools.

Davs

Garden Designer
And pranking me on at 4am b/c you sensed an attack.

And sure Twigley is a jerk sometimes, and emo sometimes. But that is because the man never sleeps. But he does know the game inside and out, backward and forward. (To be honest though Twigley, Lilow held the alliance together that one time, but BB was leader not you, so I guess I will give you a pass)

Anywho: back to the point: you had some good players. You were the only group that cared about winning (saying Omni was trying to win is like saying a gnome is trying to dunk a basketball). So yes, you won. Good job. Hooray for you. And look Recon, winning didn't require splitting other allies and having spies everywhere ready to leave their alliance and reform for you and all the other stuff you have pulled over the years. So good for you on that end.

And I'm pretty sure the top ally wasn't even facing rushes from Rank 3. At least not very well thought out ones.

And never underestimate the ability to get other people to suicide on you. The ability to make people rush headlong into foolish battles is legendary.

Does lilow ever not hold an alliance together? :p

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Twigley - we've played in 2 allies together, though 1 was in a Pw.

I learn things faster than most, I'm good with numbers, active, persistant, and I can keep an alliance together in shitty times.. I'm not saying you aren't a good leader, but you ARE over-hyped. Just like recon is often judged worse than he really is (not that he hasn't done shitty things in the past) I don't have tunnel vision, I tend to keep quiet if I don't disagree with something though..

And yeah, my post came off a bit harsher than it should. It was late and I'm not known for having a silver tongue anyway :p I'm blunt, but I try to leave out the meaner comments..

On a side note - its not OUR fault there was no competition. The only real potential. competition kinda-sorta suicided on SAS, (and didn't even trigger biomecs.. Fail! :p)

And yes, I will always boot people who go inactive for no reason. You don't have to be online 5+ hrs a day, but cover 1-2 hours every other day in the mornings.. with 20 people, the coverage should not be left to 1 American that has to work early in the morning, and 1 Brit that never sleeps anyway (<3 Angela), THAT is why I pushed so hard to get Daniel kicked, and why a few of the others were booted.. That's why the people that joined, were chosen. Sure we didn't get many rushes, but we did get them, and I'm not a fan of giving anything away for free.. ever

just dont ask willy or insomn.. they will lie about the bum secks.. I know it!

Last edited:

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I learn things faster than most, I'm good with numbers, active, persistant, and I can keep an alliance together in shitty times.. I'm not saying you aren't a good leader, but you ARE over-hyped. Just like recon is often judged worse than he really is (not that he hasn't done shitty things in the past) I don't have tunnel vision, I tend to keep quiet if I don't disagree with something though..

The tunnelvissioner comment was a joke hence the [86x] quotes.
It's something that a guy used to say a few rounds back (His name ended in 86x).
;_;

Edit: So you're judging me on a private world. Lol ok i dont feel as raged at the ludicrous comments now ... :\ And the world 1 was led by Dematto and i ended up leading the resistance v's Lukey's alliance and then sorting defence / retals for us because nobody else would. Sooooo :\

Last edited:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

It's something that a guy used to say a few rounds back (His name ended in 86x).
;_;

wiliam86x iirc. lol that guy was hilarious. He was almost too stupid to hate...almost. I went in irc once and was asked if i was him.....nearly raged out..lol.

Davs

Garden Designer

;_;

wiliam86x iirc. lol that guy was hilarious. He was almost too stupid to hate...almost. I went in irc once and was asked if i was him.....nearly raged out..lol.

Now you know what it's like to be mistaken for Davis... :p

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Never heard of him ^_^ I was wondering about the 86s in yer comment..

And the reason I remeber you from that round was because you recruited me, and then emo'ed a couple of times.. :p Was the days before contactability had taken over the game completely.. Though it had started to appear

Silence

Head Gardener
* Worst Alliance - Klepto - for using a spy to get land at round start

..... i really really dont remeber us having a spie..? did we? i mean its possible we had some devious players. i think we got leaked DW? id list early on in an alliance mail

Yeahh we had spies, we had early planned attacks. I recall being given lists by recon and being told to go and plan something. I think that was one reason why were able to keep up at the start iirc

Kieren was useless, Daniel was even more useless.. Janppe has been on mIRC, and helping cover a shift. He might have been usless during the war (haha.. no troops.. loser) but he has been invaluable since then.

Putting the members who suicided pointlessly argument aside I think this is more relevant.
Kieran, daniel and CF (whoever else was kickraped, I can't remember if there was more) were really useful during the war, okay they went innactive. But what I found interesting was that Antey, who wasn't in the war, when he was kicked/left we were expressly told not to attack him. What distinguished him from the 3 best players we had during the war? (I say 'war' but it wasn't really was it?)

The point i'm making is that surely this at least somewhat proves that each individual was kick raped for recon's own personal gain (he banned everyone from attacking his friend as he couldn't which allowed the rank 2 alliance rape him of his acres soon after he went) under the pretense of 'oh you are innactive you gotta go'

Just like recon is often judged worse than he really is [...] I don't have tunnel vision, I tend to keep quiet if I don't disagree with something though..

First part okay. On the second part - basing your opinion purely on your one experience does kinda suggest a tunnel vision stance? Twigley has had good rounds and bad ones, look at the broader picture :D

At the end of the day LS, if Twiglet wanted a win, he would of prised it from you.

Well thats a bit silly - we just dont know! But I think the point is that he didn't want to win.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Let it be said Silence, that the voice of reason (yourself) there was about what I was expecting. I didn't even partake in last round, but I heard enough through others to get at least a vague idea. I only put my oar in on the morality of K/R on participating original members.