Round 38 - Award 'Discussions'

Caranthir

Harvester
Though most of us didn't even care about ranking. So even if I heard about something I would have not dont anything about. I've learned long ago that playing to win is a waste of time/effort.

InSoMnIaC20

Head Gardener
Tbf, there was never going to be a resistance, without RiF envolved it wouldn't work, and clearly we didn't want to resist else we wouldn't have suicided on perpose at such a crutial point in the round.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
* Worst Alliance - Klepto - for using a spy to get land at round start

..... i really really dont remeber us having a spie..? did we? i mean its possible we had some devious players. i think we got leaked DW? id list early on in an alliance mail

lol spies. if we did i probably dont remeber because i didnt use the intel. but i only remeber it as hitting randoms who go little or no defence and putting the ids in pols. gaining acres. Then hitting omni as soon as possible. relentlessly.

as for any "spying" or use of intel. i dont remeber any masings of any alliance..accept maybe dw cos the id list was leaked. i remeber saying..thats just f*cking sad. of all the alliances to spie/leak..really ...DW? cummon! and i remeber talking to deathscythe?nameless? i think who was in the alliance at the time. and we did one wave on them.

hardly the make or break of an alliance imo. 1 wave of incoming. during flak wars.

i know the person i spoke in DW messaged me about them being hit all the time relentlessly..it must have either been other allies.. or you got some members on our "id list of easy targets". and therefore i dont imagine the klepto 1 wave was anywhere near as bad as all the other waves of incoming from other alliances, who also got the leaked the id list. and as a fellow fan and exmember of DW. I would never have knowingly wanted to use intel if we had planted the spie ourselves in the alliance. was just one douche bag screwing over one of the best newbie friendly alliance in the game. so please dont tarnish an alliances with that brush, unless you have your facts right. especially the one alliance that only used that leaked info one time, for one attack. which if the incoming was as bad as i was lead to believe is a lot less than what other alliances did

Last edited:

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
We had a lot of IDs of people that were easy to hit. I used fly-overs to figure out a few linked IDs (flyover a bunch of people to see if defender matches defense on target) Later after spies were out figured many of the people we were hitting were SNE.. I think we did a lot of randoms on DW and 1 other ally aswell.

But, because Recon was leader, that means we only won because we cheated. It couldn't possibly be because we had an active group of motivated individuals who wanted to win.. Nope, not possible.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
read the post retard, he never said it got you the win, he said it got you easy land. You had DW's Id list and used it. You did something underhanded, admit to it and move on. It was ages before spy or even fly-over was out. Even I knew you were using Discworld's ID's, and I was solo.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
read the post retard, he never said it got you the win, he said it got you easy land. You had DW's Id list and used it. You did something underhanded, admit to it and move on. It was ages before spy or even fly-over was out. Even I knew you were using Discworld's ID's, and I was solo.

re-read my post dumb***, I never said he that he said we only won because we "cheated" It can be read in there though. We didn't get easy land anymore than anyone else.

The only reason we are being accused of it is because first off, We won.. That always gets the alliance more negative attention..

And secondly, because Recon was leader.

He's just sore because his ally was easy land and we figured it out quickly.. Though I strongly doubt it was just us, Anyone that sent at them would have realized it quickly. If I send at someone and I land easily, I'll do it again.. I don't care much for honor, I play competitively. Once you get in the higher ranks, its either stop attacking or suicide on the 1 person in your range who just happens to be the perfect route to kill you. (Honorably)

I don't know why your a sore ass, I don't remember spanking you early round, most of my targets were PB.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Smarty is most definitely not a dumbass. Please refrain from naming him as such.
At the end of the day LS, if Twiglet wanted a win, he would of prised it from you. It is that simple. He had done it to bigger and better before present days (I'll assume you had at least heard that he is one of the best leaders in Bush history).
You had a stale round victory, and it's not going to be remembered any differently - Move on and fight for a real win this round.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer

re-read my post dumb***, I never said he that he said we only won because we "cheated" It can be read in there though. We didn't get easy land anymore than anyone else.

The only reason we are being accused of it is because first off, We won.. That always gets the alliance more negative attention..

And secondly, because Recon was leader.

He's just sore because his ally was easy land and we figured it out quickly.. Though I strongly doubt it was just us, Anyone that sent at them would have realized it quickly. If I send at someone and I land easily, I'll do it again.. I don't care much for honor, I play competitively. Once you get in the higher ranks, its either stop attacking or suicide on the 1 person in your range who just happens to be the perfect route to kill you. (Honorably)

I don't know why your a sore ass, I don't remember spanking you early round, most of my targets were PB.

a) reread your own post.
b) you DID get easier land than other people. I know of 3 alliances that received
Discworld's ID list. 2 deleted it. 1 didn't (yours).
c) there's a reason recon is disliked. if you've followed his actions in the past there are damn good reasons not to trust him. Just because you choose to ignore them doesn't mean others do.
d) neither you nor your alliance could touch me all round. I killed you guys 10:1++++ in damage, so stfu.

CFalcon

Official Helper
Omni at least were using the DW list as much as Klepto. Omni were pulling away from us on land, and DW were losing land alot faster than Klepto were stealing it. Tbh I don't even remember more than 1-2 proper hits on DW. The idea that Klepto spied any more than the competition is fantasy.

And at the same time, yes RiF could have flattened Klepto given the players and route setup they had, if they had been motivated.

And yes Recon does tend to get pre-judged, sometimes unfairly. But I've seen this round that at least some of it is justified.

edd

Tree Surgeon
Just thought i'd mention our very own bush god posted the DW id list in RIF politics and within a minute Twigley had deleted it :)

Caranthir

Harvester
someone in CU said they knew Penguin's ID, and DeathS ID, and maybe a few others, and we did go after those a bit. As for a full and proper list, I did not see one.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Smarty is most definitely not a dumbass. Please refrain from naming him as such.
At the end of the day LS, if Twiglet wanted a win, he would of prised it from you. It is that simple. He had done it to bigger and better before present days (I'll assume you had at least heard that he is one of the best leaders in Bush history).
You had a stale round victory, and it's not going to be remembered any differently - Move on and fight for a real win this round.

If he wishes to resort to name calling, I reserve the right to return as such. Luckily, I was in a good mood and censored it ;)

Twigley.. has always been overhyped.. I've playing in his ally before, and he complains more than anyone I've ever met, and emo-quits almost daily. His alliances are always held together by the rest of the alliance despite his personality.. His only redeeming features are his ability to get a good group of players together and plan attacks/defense. Things I myself can do, without all the emo BS.

If you remember, Klepto was about even with land for omni and RIF until we took out omni. Just because you don't want to admit that we had a good group of players, don't cheapen the round anymore than it already is. (That last bit is to all of you)

Iam - killing people on defense isn't really all that impressive when they are suiciding on you. Do a few rushes, kill someone big, knock them out of the top 50 right before round end.. Then brag about what you killed.. OR do like Ogluk and take the most kills for the round.. I don't know if its because its 12:30am, or I'm finally out of patience.. But ill leave my final comments to myself. I've been mean enough for 1 day.

Insomn - <3 Aren't you suppose to be celebrating your engagement? GO SEE TO YOUR WOMAN! ^_^

Davs

Garden Designer

No one has said you weren't skilled - they just said that you used a leaked ID list. Which you did. No more so than 1 or two others alliances perhaps, but you still used it. That was all that was said. Stop being so defensive.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

No one has said you weren't skilled - they just said that you used a leaked ID list. Which you did. No more so than 1 or two others alliances perhaps, but you still used it. That was all that was said. Stop being so defensive.

I believe the original comment was that of edwin in round awards that i was criticising and lucky joined my critique with his own sarcasm and witticisms. and then felt unnecessarily flamed by ias

and ill repost it just to clarify...

"Worst Alliance - Klepto - for using a spy to get land at round start"

An inference (to my interpretation of that comment at least), that klepto had placed the spie, and not simply got leaked the id list like everyone else.

i complained particualarly because as mentioned we weren't the only alliance playing competitively and with enough deviousness and dastardlyness to use this list. but once omni seemed to be gaining acres rapidly and dw losing them we felt we shud get a mass in. we did one wave. and that was all....but i suspect omni and maybe others did far more hearing what was said by ds/nameless or whoever i spoke to.. But that is neither here nor there.

The fact that we get blamed for the spie was my annoyance. particularly because my great respect and love of DW means the concept of placing a spie in the alliance is pure filth in my mouth. i particularly disliked the worst alliance award for that given reason and even if he meant worst alliance for using the leaked intel. we used it one time. others i am sure used it more. i think his finger pointing is misplaced. and he simply did not know which alliance was which at that stage in the game, with no spies or intel lists. and omni and klepto virtually kneck and kneck. i think most not in the know would also have mistaken the two.

and i think lucky's point simply was, although we didnt have any amazing battles or have to fight tooth and nail to defeat a resistance. or even have to take out the second place suicidal rif after omni disbanded. it seems alot of the badmouthing towards klepto is not a true reflection on the people in that alliance and thier ability, commitment, and good nature. just because of winning and having recon as leader who some people dont like for obvious reasons. personally i do like him. but if you dont i think you have poor character if thats your basis for judging the other 19 members.

ofc resons like ias' they couldnt kill me and kept triggering are perfectly valid. i myself got annoyed at members suiciding and triggering on the solo's in range. no excuse for triggering if your in a rank 1 alliance you should be able to find the how to calculate AR thread in the forums. and apply it. but i was only annoyued because they would raise the Ar and i couldnt send enough to get the land myself.

Last edited:

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Twigley.. has always been overhyped.. I've playing in his ally before, and he complains more than anyone I've ever met, and emo-quits almost daily. His alliances are always held together by the rest of the alliance despite his personality.. His only redeeming features are his ability to get a good group of players together and plan attacks/defense. Things I myself can do, without all the emo BS.

Come-rank-2-Get-voted-alliance-of-the-round.jpg

LOL. Been drinking again?
I'm no Welshie but you don't even know me at all.
You have played with me once and wasn't that when Dematto was leader and i was just MO and your bum buddy Willy (You know i love you) will tell you about me that round.

[86x]You are a tunnelvissioner. What it takes you 1 year to learn takes me 1 week[/86x]. Infact for you to even come out with that when youve only played with me once out of 10/11 times i have led just shows how idiotic you are being. Judging me on the one round you were ever in the same ally as me and making a huge generalisation is like judging Sordes on the 1/2 bad rounds he had or Welshie's rather occasional rages when he led. Look at their success. Sordes was the biggest emo i've known and Welshie just raged at everyone to do **** right or got others to do it. It's just their style. Hell yours seems to fit in with kick raping everyone who isn't being active in a round where you get rushes a few times from the rank 3 ally and below.

And who exactly has ever held my alliance together apart from me? The only time that's EVER happened is this round when i stopped playing for 2 days and people actually stepped up and started doing stuff. Great job not understanding that usually in my alliances, i am the one who does everything because either nobody else has the experience or 'ability/confidence' or im the 'best'(wrong choice of word) at doing it.

Sure ive been **** on 1/2 rounds but who wouldnt after leading for 10/11 and playing for 30-40. But i think youll find if you look back in threads or look at past rounds going back to round 25 that i basically barely ever (10%?) have the best group and tend to get the best out of them, win politically or gracefully come 2nd.

So while i enjoy your outrageous random comments made at me, maybe keep your mouth shut or atleast in check and keep thinking youre good because you won a round that has been the biggest fail of rank 1 since the game started. Sounds to be like (as i keep hearing from peoples opinions on IRC and the awards thread) you are butt hurt that you got no competition from us this round as we played for rank 2, we played ftf, we played to frustrate you and make your win worthless and we didn't care about you at all.

Get-trolled-Anti-troll.jpg

Last edited:

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Maybe a bit over the top, but to a degree I would agree that you can never judge a person from one round.