Pet Hates

CFalcon

Official Helper
In a vague attempt to inject some life to the forums, but mostly because I'm just in this sort of mood, I present the Pet Hates thread. A safe, controlled environment where we can vent about how everyone and everything is stupid.

Anything about the game, players or forums that make you go FFUUUUUUU, post it. Only rule, no remarks about specific individuals.

I'll get us started:

People putting "Recall" in mob notes when all incoming has recalled. YA THINK?! Obviously if someone hasn't recalled in that situation, it's because they haven't refreshed. Seeing that mob note actually engages my contrarian reflex to *not* recall, simply so the moron writing the mob notes doesn't feel they've influenced me in any way.

People asking for pranks or HLs for specific times, eg. round start or when a mob gets to attacking for 3. If you know the exact time when you'll need an alert, SET AN ALARM. Maybe I'm just too British about this, but I view it as the height of rudeness to cause pointless, unnecessary inconvenience to other people. It's less hassle for everyone else, and it's also more reliable to set an alarm. If a prank will reach you, so will the alarm on your phone. If a HL will reach you, so will an alarm on your computer. Pricks.

Deciding you need to send a mob at end of tick, and then over and over again, refreshing at the very start of the tick, until an hour later you decide to just stare at the screen for an entire tick so there's no chance of missing the end of tick. And after all that, the target's online.

Now, give in to your hate, your anger, and let bile be spilt in this thread.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
I hate harrier rushes all the day and night long. Makes being contactable a necessity (or tech hooligans only), which only furthers the goal of killing this game. protip: harrier rushes are for noobs who can't attack with a real unit.

I agree with CF about people who want their alliance mates to be their nursemaids. These asshats also are the first to jump ship for greener grass and rarely defend because they need to be pranked/reminded to play the game all the time.

I hate this thread. It makes me think of things I hate.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
I hate this forum's rep settings, example:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dimitar again.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
in order of annoyance:

wanting to send an attack at the end of a tick. just for a dodgy internet connection to lag out and send it at the start of a tick. making you feel like a right pleb.

being hl'ed or pranked to defend several ticks before i can actually send the mob out.

being woken up to defend against routes im poor at defending, when there are people in the right time zone with the right route who could do the job alot better.

people not labeling thier mob notes. shear lazyness, makes it harder to know if defence is covered or if its going to be painful, and needs more covering.

people who intentionally trigger your attack because they want to attack the target themselves. Instead of just picking off some easy land after your attack. and end up sending when the target is online so you both miss out... you know who you are!!!

people who think its acceptable to prank a member in other alliances (particularly those alliance significantly below yours in rank) to wake them up, because they dislike being woken up by rushes from said member. Despite being the same timezone.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
People asking for pranks or HLs for specific times, eg. round start or when a mob gets to attacking for 3. If you know the exact time when you'll need an alert, SET AN ALARM. Maybe I'm just too British about this, but I view it as the height of rudeness to cause pointless, unnecessary inconvenience to other people. It's less hassle for everyone else, and it's also more reliable to set an alarm. If a prank will reach you, so will the alarm on your phone. If a HL will reach you, so will an alarm on your computer. Pricks.

So true. This is something which always pisses me off when playing actively. It's just so selfish and lazy, basically wanting other people to do your play for you. There are some people who need pranks/HLs for everything and I always have a go at them for it.

willymcchilyballs said:
being woken up to defend against routes im poor at defending, when there are people in the right time zone with the right route who could do the job alot better.

I once got highlighted online at like 6 AM to send defence, only to find out the incoming was on me. I raged.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I hate people who think they're good at this game, but actually aren't. Sadly, that happens to be just about everyone

edd

Tree Surgeon

So true. This is something which always pisses me off when playing actively. It's just so selfish and lazy, basically wanting other people to do your play for you. There are some people who need pranks/HLs for everything and I always have a go at them for it.
Agree completely!

flameharvester

Head Gardener
The color muave.

Pineapples,

People who Set 5 k below the speed limit

My sister

Anyone who breaks the first rule of fightclub.

Myself for breaking the first rule.

The fact that I suck at this game!

Yochoko

Head Gardener
people

who self-praise/brag about themselves in public.

who can't apologise and go on with excuses.

who are greedy.

who abuse.

who don't know the meaning of 'friends only' in-game mail and account mail to whine at/insult me, then when i return the insults, put me on ignore. (in short, 'who are rude'.)

who give up easily.

who count on others too much.

who type one word per line on irc!

Last edited: