Oh! What's Occuring? (RRR vs RRR...)

septimus

Harvester
So, according to IoF this was done because the people that did the betraying were unhappy with 2 people, and according to Alci this was planned last round?
So, before the round even began you guys knew that you disliked a couple people in the ally so much that you would ultimately betray them, regardless of where you were ranked?

Seems to me if I were in that position I would have just started/joined a new ally before the round began tbh.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
So, according to IoF this was done because the people that did the betraying were unhappy with 2 people, and according to Alci this was planned last round?
So, before the round even began you guys knew that you disliked a couple people in the ally so much that you would ultimately betray them, regardless of where you were ranked?

Seems to me if I were in that position I would have just started/joined a new ally before the round began tbh.

No you misunderstand the combination of factors here i think...

We had planned that 'if we won, we would split off a group and attack the remaining members.' That was the general extent of the planning. As the round progressed certain of our 'group' as it later came to be, became increasingly irritated with a few of the 'other group' members and this became a factor in our attack plan when we left. I can't speak entirely for martin/Polo since that would be just rude of me, but for my part, killing a few people i personally disliked was a nice bonus to a fun, planned, event. Or at least tried to kill, since many of them were pranked online to send out/send defence.

All this betrayal and loyalty talk is complete crap. We are barely acquaintances over the internet in an alliance in a game. It's not like you're my blood brother sworn to fight with me til death do us part. At least some members of the RaRR ally have the good grace and sense of humour to recognize something funny when they see it. It is the (unsurprising) few who are so upset about being 'betrayed'. This is still a game, isn't it?

Silence

Head Gardener
All this betrayal and loyalty talk is complete crap. We are barely acquaintances over the internet in an alliance in a game. It's not like you're my blood brother sworn to fight with me til death do us part. At least some members of the RaRR ally have the good grace and sense of humour to recognize something funny when they see it. It is the (unsurprising) few who are so upset about being 'betrayed'. This is still a game, isn't it?

I totally agree here. It's a war game, hell if I had thought of doing that first I would have gathered a few of the members together and done the same for the sheer thrill of doing so. Its a war game, **** happens =P

The building is the fun part anyway. Im just pissed that I didnt think of it first :D Just was too bad I was too busy working out what score everyone would be on if they planted to ensure I could have maintained my personal rank =P

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I totally agree here. It's a war game, hell if I had thought of doing that first I would have gathered a few of the members together and done the same for the sheer thrill of doing so. Its a war game, **** happens =P

The building is the fun part anyway. Im just pissed that I didnt think of it first :D Just was too bad I was too busy working out what score everyone would be on if they planted to ensure I could have maintained my personal rank =P

hell Silence, we have our disagreements (god knows) but you just rocketed up in my esteem (not like you really care i'm sure :p). Are you taking notes Ahead, Zigzag? ;)

Although you must admit, 200m marines was a real *******, you certainly went down fighting :D

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

hell Silence, we have our disagreements (god knows) but you just rocketed up in my esteem (not like you really care i'm sure :p).

Exactly what i was thinking!!!

Silence

Head Gardener

hell Silence, we have our disagreements (god knows) but you just rocketed up in my esteem (not like you really care i'm sure :p). Are you taking notes Ahead, Zigzag? ;)

Although you must admit, 200m marines was a real *******, you certainly went down fighting :D

lmao, TL/RPG incoming. 10 trillion in funds, I thought hmmmmzzzz Apache and Marines :D

To be fair I had an epic BR, a little fun. But did feel that pang of stupidity when I didnt see this coming, the clues were quite evident when I re read the alliance logs. Also aGits mail to me in the early hours of this morning =P

Again, I was too concerned with my personal rank. Looks like Im sticking around for a few more rounds to maybe finally acheive that rank 1 spot! :D

*edit* to be fair alci, the disagreements only occur when Im bored and want to irritate someone and I usually know what to say =P

aGit

Harvester
You still going on about this? ReRR backstabing RRR is so yesterday!

IceOfFire

Garden Designer

So glad you agree with me Adam! I'm genuinely not that bothered. I had already restarted this round due to boredom! (And that fact i couldn't use Dragons that effectively when everyone teched haha) Makes the round fun and interesting! I still have my love for Polo!!

The only thing i wish...Deleting contacts and pols was little immature, but hey! War is war!!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
The only thing i wish...Deleting contacts and pols was little immature, but hey! War is war!!

That's something i disagree with. If we're going to try and kill you, it makes sense to cause as much chaos as possible; that includes deleting pols (although i'm upset the 'Best quotes thread' got killed *again*) and contacts and banning you from the channel. Bought us a nice tick or two of confusion.

oh well, as you say, war is war! :D

Garrett

Landscape Designer
i think everyone will see the round start to pick up... not die off like it was doing...

heck this round is already better than last round as my alliance won the award for most purchased ID's in 1 round.

azzer sent us a nice thank you card for his first house payment ;)
so i doubt he will complain about this round at all.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
ho humm,

The story begins... Polo was thinking of leading again but a few members wanted to join Hero so we reluctantly joined him, making sure we had who we wanted with us. I'm not sure at what point it was confirmed but myself, Polo, Kuda and Flying_Blind all said we'd leave if we won the round for ***** and giggles. We then recruited cb1202, Alci and Icy to our agreement. Giving us 7 people in our, self-named Core. Bubbles then joined, we were questionning whether to include him but he was accepted early at a risk, but he proved himself in the lead up.

We did do some sneaky things in the lead up to our 'betrayal'. I had been pushing for us to do this weeks ago but pure apathy caused it to never happen. We then set our LT a week prior and made sure everyone was aware. In the meanwhile we had Cheese buy our HQ and declare war so we were readily engaged with ETA 5 view to jump wagons.

What I find interesting is firstly some of RRR's responses, if I was them I'd be pissed off. The large majority took it very well, and kudos to you for it. I have more respect for a few members there, even though it probably means sod all to most people.

I also am curious as to the ignorant rammblings of those stating it was done to boost individual scores and stand more chance of portal? Do you really think an alliance made up of old friends, who are inactive and uncontactle with only a few 'uber big members' can stand up to a resistance? I expect us to die soon, and I won't give a damn.

I am in no way defending the morality of what we (I) did, but we had a plan and we had to stick to it, when a plan is made you unfortunatly, be it through want or need, or sometimes pure ability are able to manipulate certain things and situations which we (I) did to our favour. Be it aiding alliance members into dying on defence and whatnot.

I play to have fun, not to win. When it gets boring I do silly things which basically f*ck me over but take other people down with me. MOST know this.

I am labelled the architech for this main thing but Polo wishes for the credit and he did do most of this. You have seen me do it before, I doubt I even have the effort to be put in to be in that situation again but I will probably do it again.

*edit* - btw, round is now open enough for anyone to take, that's what we have been after for ages, the majority has what they want for the distaste of the few.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Can't say i didn't see this coming.

As i said at the first week of the round, i had some people from RRR wanting to join me because they thought the leader was pants.

I am just so glad this has happened to hero after his previous boats in IRC chan, while we all knew that half his alliance disliked him.

Lol i was even mailing RRR and pming their members all round asking why they are with him and they told me good point and it had been discussed to leave.

Now, game on for rank 1 ladies.

- Second to none.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
It is a way for some of them to finally make it into a rank one ally.

bitter much?

nope not at all, are you?

Only point i have to make on this entire subject aGit joined OF on the understanding he would be leaving at 'some point' for an at the time undisclosed reason he got fat using our help and while in our alliance he acted with honor and was a useful and fun addition to the ally if his change helps him win (which he has done on numerous occassions) good luck to him, if this new alliance fails and a spot opened up with us id personally welcome him back with open arms

he has acted honorably throughout and anyone that says otherwise knows nothing of the facts.... just thought this needed clearing up.

Charles007

Weeder
treach⋅er⋅y
  /ˈtrɛtʃəri/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [trech-uh-ree] Show IPA
–noun, plural -er⋅ies.
1. violation of faith; betrayal of trust; treason.
2. an act of perfidy, faithlessness, or treason.

They should have a part of this in the manual. Been with bush ever since ive known of bush.

yeah the player base will take another hit :( Great game... but .... with few players... it gets boring after the first 2 or 3 weeks.

and all u great players out there ? What makes u great? I dont see many "Great People" in bush... i see alot of low life cutthroats... i wonder how others view it? I mean... since u all are talking about it in such a manner. Why not call the kettle black!

Garrett

Landscape Designer
um it's a strategy war game.

if you don't factor possibility of betrayl, then you are naive.

this isn't "Strawberry ShortCake - PattyCake Wars" in which you ever so nicely go to your neighbor and see if you can borrow a wheelbarrow of acres :p

everyone attacks someone else. if you don't, then you don't really play.

technically we are all murderers of each other's staff and stealers of each others acres...

what f*kking highground is everyone exactly looking for here?

Melnibone

Head Gardener
The only highground in bushtarion is when your so far above everyone else that your untouchable and can piss on everyone when you feel like it... so far no-one has it yet

Garrett

Landscape Designer
this subforum brings typical lulz, but we have no campground and riffraff said no picnics :(