Oh! What's Occuring? (RRR vs RRR...)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
And there is no personal attack... im talking about the actions... and not the people.

Then you should remember not to call them scumbags, slimebags, greedy chumps, bottom of the barrel scum, and every other slur you threw at them. If that isn't personal I don't know what is.

And as for telling me to keep it in perspective? Pot, come in pot, you are black! Repeat: You are black! Over and out.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
And there is no personal attack... im talking about the actions... and not the people.

Then you should remember not to call them scumbags, slimebags, greedy chumps, bottom of the barrel scum, and every other slur you threw at them. If that isn't personal I don't know what is.

i was about to post words to that effect but will just quote toby instead.

If that's an impersonal attack, i suppose you wouldn't object to me calling you a mindless, lotus eating, hairy knuckle dragging neanderthal slut. Right?

[13:46:33] <Hobbs|FM> "And in the real world... underhanded deeds get u killed! "
[13:46:40] <Hobbs|FM> wow in what 3rd world country does this guy live?
[13:46:51] <Hobbs|FM> I like to think my country isn't ruled by the mob.
[13:47:07] <tobapopabot> psh
[13:47:12] <tobapopabot> you have the european parliament
[13:47:15] <tobapopabot> same difference
[13:47:28] <Hobbs|FM> I haven't been killed by people of the EU parliament lately.

I always love the 'real life' arguments. They're the bestest argaments EVAR!1111!1!!!111!!11

Last edited:

StormyWaters

Planter
OF course he's entitled to his opinion. I just would like to
And to Stormywaters: I hate the playerbase. They're a bunch of whiney little *****es I would very much like to see killed off by the bubonic plague. That's why I enjoy playing this game. So I can kill them.

Well then, have fun at it lol.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I'm not going to quote anyone directly as I'd rather keep it general, one to avoid personal attacks and also as I'm too lazy to copy and paste quotes and make this look pretty.

Lots of people seem to be purely against how we went about it, not what we actually did? (Unless I have misinterpreted a lot of posts). We are not sticking up for what we did, what we did was nasty and malicious.
The original plan was that we would split after winning (as we were fairly confident we could win without many issues). The plan was a constant thing which we were always going to do. Opportunities then arose to do what we did, all be it allowing certain people to kill themselves, deleting pols etc.

What I ask of people to please relate to the situation, not just look at it as "Ally mates, f**ked over their mates!! B4STARDS!". I take most of the credit and abuse for the malcious behaviour but it was purely opportunistic.

Certain people in RRR contributed a vast amount to the success of the alliance, a fair number of which are now with little land and troops (Silence and Signer primarily) so we did not get to rank 1 by ourselves so we did rely on our alliance as a team. I don't think anyone could contest that a large amount of the people who left put in a damn lot of work to get us all up there, so again do not think we coasted on others and then f**ked them over to get on top.

Lastly, and probably the most important thing for me was that the aim for me personally was not to win, it is not to get a higher rank in portal. Don't read this as I me wanting to die, but it was not the main aim. Others in the group may have done it but we knew before we sent most of these guys could get online, we knew they could hurt us, we knew we'd lose a lot and that other alliances would probably leap on us soon. The sweep for land worked well and was effective so we are still ahead on score. Those who have played with myself and other members who left with me know that score is not a main concern, it's to do something fun and get our e-penis' noticed by the hoards.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
it's to do something fun and get our e-penis' noticed by the hoards.
epenis.jpg

<3 and respect , ( even if there will never be implicit trust)
Tana

Garrett

Landscape Designer
signer brings up a very good point. with a smaller playerbase, knowing everyone is much more of a detriment.

sure you don't want people you are friendly with to attack you... but attacking is the GAME. without attacking, we have no game. even the bots attack :/

but due to the rules of this game/eula/azzer the 'betrayl' is the only way this sort of thing works...

i did have an lol as I remembered back to trfc or some earlier alliance with martin... pretty sure trfc... we were way up and bored and we talked openly of splitting up the group and having a war.

after we killed each other and declared a winner, we were going to of course join back up for the rest of the round. we had team captains picked out (i think martin and i or polo and martin... something like that) and we were going to pick teams 1 at a time.. coin flip for who goes first, whatever, whatever...

but when martin went to see if this was a breach, Azzer said that we could war each other and encouraged us to do so but would penalize heavily/lock/generally muller us if we got back together as 1 alliance, even though it wasn't really mutual agreement other than we were going to see who could 0 who.

so the idea has been around for ages and unfortunately it can only be done with a permanent schism between the initial group. blame the game not the players ;)

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
but when martin went to see if this was a breach, Azzer said that we could war each other and encouraged us to do so but would penalize heavily/lock/generally muller us if we got back together as 1 alliance, even though it wasn't really mutual agreement other than we were going to see who could 0 who.

so the idea has been around for ages and unfortunately it can only be done with a permanent schism between the initial group. blame the game not the players ;)

However, ( not to defend azzer ) this was the 1st or 2nd round of AGE 4, the reason we wanted to spit up and war, was to gain effectiveness and points, because WS were starving us out. So .... it was a little different but your point is still valid...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
since this post has nothing to do with the Resistance, i moved it of my own accord from the Resist thread to here. No need to clog up twigley's thread of valiant efforts with stupid retaliatory feuding....

Honestly, I think the new RRR deserves the win after what they pulled off.

Rofl. What exactly did they pull off? They killed half an uncontactable ally when none of the members were online?

Don't lie about being uncontactable. That's just not accurate. Loads of you got pranked on when we launched our attack since phantom had the contact list saved, and enigma has plenty of numbers in his phone.

Don't make yourself out to be complete martyrs because that is a bit of a mis representation of the facts.

Admittedly you weren't on *at* the time but that's because we picked the moment when our targets were least inactive.

There were plenty of posts earlier in this round about how 'contactable' we are so don't even dare pull the 'inactive ally' card now. That's just pure bullshit.

Phantom didn't post up the contact info for a good few ticks later, and there was then one person there to prank half an alliance and try to figure out what was going on. You hit us when you knew two people were on holiday and therefore uncontactable as well.

I would much rather have Enigma/stass in my alliance than you, even before this whole escapade. So stop being a prick as always and flaming stass as she has done NOTHING wrong this round. stass >>>>>>> you in terms of playing ability and as a person. End of.

P.S. GL to the resistance!

Lern 2 reed!

Phantom refreshed literally the tick we left/sent so it's his fault for not posting the info he had. There are plenty of times this round where we only had 1 person to prank on a bunch of people. Stop making yourselves out to look like a bunch of self sacrificing martyrs. it's just not accurate. We are, admittedly, assholes, but to make yourselves out like white garbed martyrs is just pure wrong.

So be it, if you'd rather have/have had Stass/Enigma instead of me that's fine. I don't have any particular need for more 'friends' on this game, nor am i desperately looking for respect from the majority of the community. I'm a prick to those who behave like pricks to me. Prior to yesterday when i was hte subject of a rather long, rambling and venomous personal assult did i begin to behave 'like a prick.' I quite liked stass, and still like enigma; however I don't feel much responsibility to those who insult me gratuitously. I freely admit to being called an asshole; i've never pretended to be otherwise but to be called one *before* the events of yesterday is just a joke. She did nothing wrong this round, her mistake was to come on her and flame me personally for no apparent reason.

The irony of you calling *anyone* out on their behaviour is just hilarious. You have set one of the worst behavioural examples ingame and on these forums that i have ever witnessed so i will not put up with being lectured by such a creature as you on behaviour of all things.

If you can manage to get your grey matter to function long enough to read correctly you will understand that she began the gratuitous flaming. I am not saying i'm an angel and completely undeserving of flaming, but you of all people would understand that if one is being flamed, they have the god granted right of being able to defend themselves and throw a bit of flame back at their attacker. Either you're a hypocrite, an ignoramus, illiterate or a combination of all of the above. Don't start a flame war, and then object when i use your own weapons and manners against you (albeit in a vastly superior, literate and intelligent manner).

Stass is most likely a better player than i am, i have never made pretences of being anything other than a n00b; and as for her being a better person, that's a debatable subject and more or less irrelevant to the gameplay.

You can call me a despicable, low, dastardly, evil ******* all you want for my behaviour ingame but you really should leave it there; as should we all. If you feel so strongly about it, kill me ingame, or get your revenge elsewhere. Whining about it on forums is just hilarious and provides me with endless amounts of inter-tick entertainment.

Alci 1 - Ahead 0

Stass

Weeder
I know i said i wouldn't post again but here i am, as i felt it necessary to post again now that i have calmed down and see things a little more clearly

Firstly i would like to apologise to Alcibiades. Sorry, i should not have let a slight personalty clash come out like that. I have felt in the past that you have gone to far with giving ppl **** as a joke in irc etc but this is likely to be my flaw not yours as everyone now knows how sensitive i am. I did not think of u as a bad person before this event so sorry for letting my anger get the best of me and saying things i truly didnt mean.

Secondly Twigley, you are right i dont know all the pressures of being a leader etc. my over sensitivity is what has caused me to choose never to be leader because i know i could not hold an ally together. My reference to you was partially because Polo doesnt like you (actually i dont know what Polo thinks but he appears not to like u in forums etc) but mostly because you proved last round that you are no backstabber. Even when half the player base tries to push u to be one you still are not a backstabber. I am sorry that i brought you into this as it was not necessary.

Lukey its not from this round that i mentioned you. It is because of the fact that every alliance i have been in with u you have left and the times u pretended to be my friend only to get information out of me about the alliance i was in. I know this is seen as part of the game but not everybody uses those tactics. I guess really i only have myself to blame for being so naive and perhaps i need to stop being so trusting in ppl i have never even met.

I stand by my decision to leave bush (though may come back as an inactive solo in a few rounds who knows) and i still believe this was not a nice thing to do (as u all seem to admit anyway). As Alci said i am too sensitive for this game and maybe i do need to learn how to take a step back and treat it as that, a game.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Lukey's actually a really good kid just dont tell him anything he can use against you ingame as while hes basically a nice guy hes ultra competitive.

Lordie

Planter
I know i said i wouldn't post again but here i am, as i felt it necessary to post again now that i have calmed down and see things a little more clearly

Firstly i would like to apologise to Alcibiades. Sorry, i should not have let a slight personalty clash come out like that. I have felt in the past that you have gone to far with giving ppl **** as a joke in irc etc but this is likely to be my flaw not yours as everyone now knows how sensitive i am. I did not think of u as a bad person before this event so sorry for letting my anger get the best of me and saying things i truly didnt mean.

Secondly Twigley, you are right i dont know all the pressures of being a leader etc. my over sensitivity is what has caused me to choose never to be leader because i know i could not hold an ally together. My reference to you was partially because Polo doesnt like you (actually i dont know what Polo thinks but he appears not to like u in forums etc) but mostly because you proved last round that you are no backstabber. Even when half the player base tries to push u to be one you still are not a backstabber. I am sorry that i brought you into this as it was not necessary.

Lukey its not from this round that i mentioned you. It is because of the fact that every alliance i have been in with u you have left and the times u pretended to be my friend only to get information out of me about the alliance i was in. I know this is seen as part of the game but not everybody uses those tactics. I guess really i only have myself to blame for being so naive and perhaps i need to stop being so trusting in ppl i have never even met.

I stand by my decision to leave bush (though may come back as an inactive solo in a few rounds who knows) and i still believe this was not a nice thing to do (as u all seem to admit anyway). As Alci said i am too sensitive for this game and maybe i do need to learn how to take a step back and treat it as that, a game.

Stass - don't be sorry. The statement, "It is just a game" is such an unfounded statement. Players at the top, especially you and Enigma put in so much effort. This act makes it so much more than merely 'a game', it's part of your life, as sad as that may sound.

So don't be sorry - you had every right to be angry. You're a great person, and deserve to be able to stand up for yourself. :)

All the best with life without Bush for a few rounds,

Lordie.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
awwww i go away on holiday for a week, and come back and have missed the most interesting bit of the round :(

sucks :(

thats top 10 activity for first month of the round wasted then :<

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Lukey's actually a really good kid just dont tell him anything he can use against you ingame as while hes basically a nice guy hes ultra competitive.

it's that ultra competitive that causes him to be retarded and go off on people over the wrong stuff :p

in game, he's an arm's length transaction at best.

Lukey

Harvester
Name of thread: Oh! What's Occuring? (RRR vs RRR...)

Topic: Lukey

Solution: Stop talking about me and talk about thread i do not care what you think of me Garrett i am normally rather pleasent to you bare a few times and the last time was when i was like 14 10 million rounds back :p <333

x

Sir Drumalot

Harvester
Some of you have taken this very harsh, and although I think its unwise to get so personally invested in something so trivial, I can understand that it will sting for a while.

Everyone in this alliance has been backstabbed at one point in time, so I have a clear idea of how angry you must be. Understand though, that this was in no way a personal vendetta for anything anyone did or said over the round. Some people made it easier, but it was primarily about oppertunity.

We can not be expected to do things a certain way, besides following the rules of the game. Things in this game of war are not always going to be seen as honourable, but that makes them no less real. Sometimes friends are up against friends, as long as you dont let it become personal it'll always be fun.

If you feel the need to call us cheats and what have you, by all means get it out. It was never about winning, it was always about spicing up a dull round. This kind of thing has not been done since round 6, and I will not feel regret for taking every oppertunity given to me. Should spys gathering intel feel guilty?

Politics is a major part of Bushtarion, if you cant handle the ups and downs you're not going to be happy playing at the top level.. You win some, you lose some.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Firstly i would like to apologise to Alcibiades. [snip]

Apology accepted, my behaviour was certainly less than charming this round and for that I do offer an apology. Moving on... forums is no longer the place for the kind of conversation this thread has turned to, so i've taken the liberty of mailing you instead.

NoobCake

Planter
Well, I was bored sitting at the airport waiting for my delayed plane and thought i would check in. Turns out this whole RRR betraying other RRR people became a bigger deal than I thought!

As I previously stated, I finally got the job I have been looking to get for a long time and get a chance to to what i want so I began getting things ready earlier in the week to give Ahead my spot as leader and basically quitting for good as of yesterday (sunday).

I came back from being out with a couple of friends to 13/20 in the alliance. I knew what happened as soon as I saw it, as it was more than expected. I had already checked out for the round so I could do nothing but laugh, and feel bad for the others that were betrayed. Splitting after you had already won the round is something I am all for, and I know how boring it is to sit there for weeks with nothing to do...so for that i dont blame anyone who left. The deleting pols, and the overview, and trying to **** the other people over WAS a bit shameful however, and did show a large lack of character. (a few of the people did say they had no idea that it was being done that way and shared their apologies and openly agreed that those actions were shameful and pathetic so dont group them all in together)

I was not and I am still not mad or have bad feelings towards polo/martin, as to me this is a game, and was not the best round for me to lead with all of the **** that came up with work and new jobs and the random days out of town...its a wonder they didnt do a full on mutiny earlier than that!!

All in all, do what you can to have a fun round, I apologize to those who I led...I really had no idea my life and job was gonna go that direction before the round started, keep fighting and I will check in now and then on irc to chat with people, but highly doubt I will ever have time to play the game again!

Time to fly...San Diego here I come!!