Honour, Fame, Titles, Bounties, Knights and Wizards

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The return of the old-school Honour & Fame is back, as promised, with a few modifications here or there.

* We've gone way back to calling it H/F and "Honour & Fame" - none of this "law" malarkey.
* Titles exactly as they were are back and in!
* User awards for end-of-round rank 1 honour, fame, honour & fame rating, and the most wanted player are back!
* Red titles put a bounty on your head - the worse your title, the higher the bounty!
* The world 1 "base bounty" is 5%.
* The "Most Wanted" chart is back, in the world tables page!
* White Knights & White Wizards are back, and they're different! White knights & wizards are basically "free units" you gain for having a high H/F rating - the higher your rating, the more units will join you. White Knights will start to join you at around 2,500 H/F Rating... white wizards at around 8,000 H/F rating... they will start to appear slowly, but will soon grow in numbers if you treat them well. The higher your H/F rating, the more will come and join you! If you lose H/F rating again, they will start to leave you... they are classified as "admin units", so cannot be hired or bribed.
* There is a maximum cap of 3,000,000 white knights, and 1,500,000 white wizards. Players with low scores may find these caps are even lower regardless of their honour & fame rating.
* There are no dark knights or wizards... no rewards for the unkind except a rather sexy red title like "The Dreaded"!
* Experience is not making a return.
* Titles/honour/Fame are not applied at an alliance level anymore, only at an individual level (to see how it all goes!).

Elevnos

BANNED
* White Knights & White Wizards are back, and they're different! White knights & wizards are basically "free units" you gain for having a high H/F rating - the higher your rating, the more units will join you. White Knights will start to join you at around 5,000 H/F Rating... white wizards at around 10k H/F rating... they will start to appear slowly, but will soon grow in numbers if you treat them well. The higher your H/F rating, the more will come and join you! If you lose H/F rating again, they will start to leave you... they are classified as "admin units", so cannot be hired or bribed.

Never heard of these...
So if you're H/F rating is high enough you get units protecting you?

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Never heard of these...
So if you're H/F rating is high enough you get units protecting you?

Basically yes, they are free units to reward and help honourable players - the more positive H/F, the more of these units will join your cause and fight for you and the quicker you can gain them. Lose H/F again (for dishonourable attacks etc.), and they will start to leave you. White knights are "flak killers", whilst white wizards are themselves powerful LET flak.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
The return of the old-school Honour & Fame is back, as promised, with a few modifications here or there.

* The "Most Wanted" chart is back, in the world tables page!

* There are no dark knights or wizards... no rewards for the unkind except a rather sexy red title like "The Dreaded"!

Ah, time to reminisce, like I do every time this is mentioned, about Darryl's 91% bounty back in R23 as a PoM...

Ezekiel

Harvester
Can they at least be in the manual so we can see some stats? Otherwise how will we know how much we can rely on them.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
White knight: * health, * armour... *** health damage, *** armour damage... ETA 3, initiative 355... targets: INN, Kills: All 3 ticks.
White wizard designed as an "uber flak" unit: ****** health, ****** armour, * damage (weaker than an attack dog)... ETA 4, initiative 565, targets all, kills close only.

Being tested in this PW so may be slightly modified.
Will be added to manual.

Max

Garden Designer
O...M...G.

I am one happy bushtarion player right now :D Can't thank you enough for this Azzer!

Finally a good reason to attack at 70% and higher again!!! <3

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Meh. I always hated HF. ;_;

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
is it because people always tried to rape you ? :) .. I mean more than usual

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
is there a limit to the amoutn of white wizards/knights you can get or a limit to the rate at which you recieve them? i can see a solo getting AR and lots of white stuff and becoming almost invincible, but i guess ive never really seen them in action before

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The rate at which you can gain them per tick is percentage based on how many you already have, and the rate is also capped based on how much H/F rating you have.

The total number of units you can gain is also capped based on your H/F rating. The higher your H/F rating, the more of the units you can get.

The maximum cap on the units is 3 mil white knights, 1 mil white wizards.

All these figures might change though as we see it in action in a "live round", and tweak how and when they all work!

ZigZag

Harvester
Battle Report - Attacking [XXXX]
[middle] 42,169 hostile White Knight attacked, slaying 570,435 allied staff.
[middle] 9,854 allied Puppet Master pulled some strings and bribed 5,029 hostile staff.
[middle] 100,000 allied Political Briber attacked, bribing 23,993 hostile staff.

I must of missed where these were stealth units.

Lupus

Head Gardener
can u get honour and fame from defending other players or is it just from attacking/defending yourself

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
They aren't stealth. They show up in hax0r's and spies just fine. They appear at the top of any unit list generally, so very noticable.
can u get honour and fame from defending other players or is it just from attacking/defending yourself
You can get honour from defending ally mates, particularly against overwhelming odds or "large attackers" :)
Excellent!
Do these units add score to the player?
Yes, though at the moment very little - I'm still not sure which way this needs to go. My first initial thought is they should give very little score - and so their values are extremely low right now - £100 cost for white knights, £400 cost for white wizards. This may change though - I couldn't decide if giving them high score and making players gain huge scores and grow in to range of higher ups as they get these units was a good thing or a bad thing.

MacMikey

Harvester
Excellent!
Do these units add score to the player?
Yes, though at the moment very little - I'm still not sure which way this needs to go. My first initial thought is they should give very little score - and so their values are extremely low right now - £100 cost for white knights, £400 cost for white wizards. This may change though - I couldn't decide if giving them high score and making players gain huge scores and grow in to range of higher ups as they get these units was a good thing or a bad thing.

I think it should stay this way. As you say yourself, giving high value and get people in range of the top players is more like a disadvantage. People would deliberately rape someone at 40 % to lose those troops.
Or so I could personally imagine.

ZigZag

Harvester
sorry bad unit when you can send them attacking

Battle Report - Defending my id [xxxx]
[close] 1,607 allied Protestor Leader attacked, distracting 1,643 hostile staff.
[close] 45,628 allied Hippy attacked, distracting 15,949 hostile staff.
[close] 2,365,628 hostile Hippy attacked, distracting 622,148 allied staff.
[close] 1,073,362 allied Sleeping Gas Trap attacked, disabling 1,196,518 hostile staff.
[close] 3,136 allied Protestor Guru attacked, distracting 3,733 hostile staff.
[close] 378,869 hostile Witch attacked, killing 79,175 allied staff.
[close] 97,787 hostile White Knight attacked, slaying 5,479 allied staff.
[close] 1,947,261 hostile Iron Golem attacked, killing 557,198 allied staff.
[close] 468 allied Yob attacked, disabling 279 hostile staff.
[close] 2,101,396 hostile Yob attacked, disabling 3,402 allied staff.
[close] 11,379 allied Small Droid made some funny beeps and disabled 3,979 hostile staff.
[close] 995,621 hostile Dragon breathed fire on and melted 522,160 allied staff.
[close] 684,202 hostile Apprentice attacked, killing 2,566 allied staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZag View Post
They aren't stealth. They show up in hax0r's and spies just fine. They appear at the top of any unit list generally, so very noticable.

so where are they in this hack

System hack on [xxx] successful:
Staff
White Knight [418,940] Gardener [495,058]
Harvester [277] Combine Harvester [79,642]
Tractor [158,858] Hippy [2,366,253]
Yob [2,413,099] Wheelbarrower [6]
Geo-Phys Thief [11,240] Seed Thief [0]
Serf [0] Apprentice [1,049,975]
Witch [404,942] Sorcerer [999,639]
Siren [45,708] Iron Golem [1,999,395]
Dragon [1,014,964]forgot to mention same iod