Forum Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Im not going to comment past saying that i know it was not Dark_Angel that edited/moderated that post/thread.

QFT. Ahead, f0xx, Silence: get your facts straight. I didn't delete the thread in question, in fact I'm fairly sure it was Azzer. Consequently this thread is: wrong.

Furthermore, I really couldn't care less what you guys think of me. I'm a mod because Azzer decided I could do the job. Problem? Talk to him.

The day I take advice/criticism from a group of an egotistical group of people who regard themselves as "Leet" and have a social group voicing their own "amazingness" is the day I go down' on a goat :/

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Who can get facts straight when you are continually editing them?

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Here we go, Garrett and his "people are after me" theory. All posts that are edited are edited because they break rules. We as mods have to explain all modifications to posts amongst fellow mods.

But you're RIGHT! Its a huge conspiracy. We all sit in a private IRC channel and giggle insanely while conversing about users posts we've edited to make them wrong/look stupid.

Sure :/

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Wow, you were able to put words in my mouth and you didn't even edit. When did I say anything about me?

Your BS knows no bounds and I'm proud son.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Wow, you were able to put words in my mouth and you didn't even edit.

I noticed that "quality" of his as well.

DA would surely be a good politician one day.

Mods should be an example for every player, behaviour wise. DA frankly is not a good model.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Ok I'm not going to involve myself in this thread any further.

1 - Because what I'm being accused of, namely deleting the thread Ahead is referring to, is wrong - I didn't delete the thread.

2 - Because various individuals, namely f0xx, Silence, Ahead, Garrett, etc, are really, and I can find no other word to describe any of you, "Sad".

I refuse to provide you all with a stage on which you can pitifully attempt to appear rebellious/cool. Very simply, you don't. You look like whiners.

I'm honoured though, I really am. That all of you have devoted so much time and effort to try and make me look bad/stupid.

Perhaps, though your time would be better spent heading down to your local supermarket - You'll find the tissues on aisle 3. ;)

To reiterate - If you have an actual problem with a moderation-based decision I've made, please message Azzer. Posts such as these, that are in fact wrong anyway, won't be taken seriously.

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Not going to involve myself in the argument....but it would be nice to hear from the mod who did delete the whole thread. Seems a bit excessive to me, iirc it had some good posts. Just don't see why a whole thread has to go based on a few posts? Genuine question here, not a flame or anything. I'm willing to accept if I missed something.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I might delete this so something makes a thread about me.... I want attention.

Silence

Head Gardener
Furthermore, I really couldn't care less what you guys think of me. I'm a mod because Azzer decided I could do the job. Problem? Talk to him.

Well clearly you *do* care otherwise you would't have even bothered to defend yourself in this thread =)

Perhaps, though your time would be better spent heading down to your local supermarket - You'll find the tissues on aisle 3. ;)
I find pedobear better for the job tbh.

Ahahahaha! I vote Garrett to replace DA as mod. In his dictator manner he would run the forums we would atleast might be able to slip the odd remark which wasn't edited =P

Finally, Polo is ofc the best mod :D

<3 pedobear

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Every single moderator action is automatically fully logged - who did it, what they did, where they did it.

If there's an issue - eg a specific post or thread - and you think a moderator has deleted it, removed it, edited it or otherwise in an unfair/biased/prejudicde/power-abuse manner, then send me a forum PM with full details (a link to the thread or if unavailable what the thread title was, a rough date of when it happened, which moderator you think is abusing their position, and why/in what way you think they are abusing it). As long as you report them civilly and comprehensively (ie - you don't simply PM me "Azzer DA is a power-abuser sort him out!!!!!" which is about as useful as a chocolate kettle that's gone mouldy and infested with ants), I will take it seriously and investigate. While I can't always promise a reply - I will take serious note of all complaints and investigate any issues of abuse - trying to correct the case of abuse, and if a moderator is seen to consistantly abuse their position, they will be removed from their position.

F0xx has already had one issue and has informed me via PM with full details and the matter was dealt with and hopefully corrected, with the mod in question talked to about it... but the other people in this thread - NONE of you have reported a specific issue to me in the past few days (looking at my PM's atm :p) - so I urge anyone with a genuine grievance to go through the correct process of sending me a forum PM. I won't ignore you, just make sure you give me all the info necessary and please have some patience! (sometimes it needs some digging around, or sometimes I've already had it reported by someone else so it's already been looked at!) :D

Garrett

Landscape Designer
I encourage eveyrone who feels strongly about DA or any mod to complain to azzer directly. I did in PM via IRC a few weeks ago.

Just do it.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I encourage eveyrone who feels strongly about DA or any mod to complain to azzer directly. I did in PM via IRC a few weeks ago.

Just do it.

I would appreciate this - genuinely. One of the biggest problems I face is when people don't make a complaint to me - then 3 months down the line a group of people go off on one about how Azzer has allowed some awful staff member in to abuse their power for 3 months unchallenged and about how Azzer is this or that for letting it happen... when in actual fact, nobody ever sent a single complaint or situation to me (or perhaps only one person ever did)... if you have a complaint - send it to me. I won't bite you. I can't promise a reply, but I do promise every single complaint I receive is read, seen, and I keep a note of any staff members who seem to be generating a lot of complaints from many individuals (preferably with some sort of example/reason/"evidence" attached, rather than just a "This mod is abusive!" message :p).

Forum PM's are the best way of communicating with me, account mails the second, and in-game mails the third. I prefer not to receive complaints via MSN or IRC PM's, as I don't tend to go back through random conversation logs - but I can quickly and easily look back through forum/game message logs.

Ahead

Head Gardener
QFT. Ahead, f0xx, Silence: get your facts straight. I didn't delete the thread in question, in fact I'm fairly sure it was Azzer. Consequently this thread is: wrong.

Again, show me where I said you did. There was one part of my post mainly aimed at you, I'm sure you can tell which bit. It just so happens that half of my "P.S" was also about you but I didn't attach your name to it. I can if you want though. This is about the PM you sent me: "calling something off topic when it is clearly contributing to the topic." [not a direct quote from you, it's a quote from my post in this thread]. Sorry if it's unclear, the thread is half about that thread being deleted and my message being edited, and half about you in general and your moderator status.

The day I take advice/criticism from a group of an egotistical group of people who regard themselves as "Leet" and have a social group voicing their own "amazingness" is the day I go down' on a goat :/

Just the attitude I expect from a forum moderator. Thanks for some new evidence :) Maybe read some of your past posts before calling the people siding against you "egotistical" and "people who regard themselves as "Leet"". You could join our group too with those descriptions! Wanna found a "D_A HATE CLUB" with me then..? :)

I'm honoured though, I really am. That all of you have devoted so much time and effort to try and make me look bad/stupid.

I'd also like to thank you for contributing your time too. We couldn't have done it without you, and I know how much time you've put in making yourself stupid, so thanks!

Silence

Head Gardener
I haven't seen this much trolling in a thread for ages :roll:

Could it not be alleged that it is justified on the same grounds as a cockblock is also allegedly justified? Which is the source of the problem here.

See the brilliant irony?

Status
Not open for further replies.