Diplomacy

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I'm probably one of the more active webd players, yet even I missed a couple of turns on the 6hr games.

12 hours is the way to go, methinks.

I would have had half a chance if Frijj hadn't been owned by Hobbs, then used his remaining few units to ravage northern austria - leaving me majorly in the **** (Justifiable because I "stole" an undefended greece from him :/)

Thats one of the problems with this game imo. If you've blatantly lost you can either sit it out or, as I've seen a few people do, massively hinder the chances of others with your remaining few units (either out of spite or to give a friend a leg up on your way out the door)

CFalcon

Official Helper
I'm probably one of the more active webd players, yet even I missed a couple of turns on the 6hr games.

12 hours is the way to go, methinks.

Well, I haven't missed any turns, but I think I'm the only one....

It depends on who you're playing with. 24 hour turns would be ideal if you could get a group of people who will be on long enough in the evenings to rattle through 3-4 turns, rather than insisting on using the full 24 hours for each turn.

Changer

Head Gardener
I believe I havnt missed any turns, but then have waited around till about 3am to ensure this.

KISA2

Digger
Played it once in college. Not sure it would be quite as effective online... Where's the face-to-face bluffin?

Steve_God

Official Helper
It's pretty good - although it's mainly about pursuading others to team up with you, and hoping they don't back-stab you when you've put trust in them :p

No-Dachi

Official Helper
My schedule is unfortunately too busy for this for now, but keep playing over the summer, and I'll be sure to join in on any and every game availible :)

CFalcon

Official Helper
Kingdroid and I were talking about hosting a live game some time. I haven't played one yet, but I think the idea is that everyone is there at the same time for ~2 hours and we complete the game all in one evening, with turns every 5 mins or so.

The difficult thing, of course, will be finding a time everyone can do. So if you're interested, post here and say when you'd be available to do this. The map will depend on how many want to play.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
I'd be up for one, they are very good fun; I find they take a bit longer than that though usually ~3-4hrs.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Kingdroid and I were talking about hosting a live game some time. I haven't played one yet, but I think the idea is that everyone is there at the same time for ~2 hours and we complete the game all in one evening, with turns every 5 mins or so.

The difficult thing, of course, will be finding a time everyone can do. So if you're interested, post here and say when you'd be available to do this. The map will depend on how many want to play.

You should assign more than just 2-4 hours. We completed a game this easter, and we played for 12-14 hours. :)

Steve_God

Official Helper
Btw, given that there's no current games on right now, thought I'd put up a list of the current rankings between us guys :p

1. Steve_God (460
points.png
)
2. Hobbezak (133
points.png
)
2. CFalcon (133
points.png
)
4. exonian (123
points.png
)
5. changer (122
points.png
)
6. Kingdroid (112
points.png
)
7. atsanjose (109
points.png
)
8. Darryl (105
points.png
)
9. Wouter|offs (102
points.png
)

Below that everyone is on 100 equally :)