Diplomacy

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
You could always start a second game with people who couldn't join the first though tomtree, and maybe fill it up with people from the first game if needed. ^^

Steve_God

Official Helper
Problem I find with faster games is if you end up being busy for over half a day on a weekend, and then miss a go as you're not near a computer.

How about a game with 5 minutes turns on a weekend day? Maybe this Saturday or Sunday starting at like 10am? :p
(that way it could be over by the end of the day)

tomtree

Head Gardener
if anyone wants to create another "slow" game im in. i agree that if you've got the time fast ones are better, but its much easier to fit in a game with 24 hour turns.

Darryl

Head Gardener
I'd be up for a fast game this weekend.

Regarding another slow game, just create one and stick the password up here. there are a few others who wanted to join the first but couldn't fit in, and I'm sure some people (including me) would join both to fill the game up if needed.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
After 1 year, we are little wiser of the intentions of the 7 superpowers.

We have seen two surprising moves, one being by England, and the other by Russia, who made a bit of a mess out of their logistics, and both moved 2 armies into the same territory, effectively ending in chaos and both armies returning to their former states.
This resulted in England not expanding their territory at all this year, apart from taking control of the North Sea.
Talking about naval activity, France has seized power in the Channel, where it already had a little battle with the English. The French tried to move from the Channel to London, where it was stopped by the fleet stationed in London.

The French also claimed Belgium in the North, further expanding their border with the Germans who took Holland.
In the South, the French seized control over the Iberian Peninsula. In other news in the South, the Italians made the unsurprising move to Tunis.
There seems to be a bit of a tension between the Italians and the Austrians in the North though, as the Austrians make a move into Tyrolia, resulting in Venice facing 2 Austrian armies.

Talking about Austria, they move into a fiercely contested Balkan, more specifically into Serbia. I say fiercely contested, as the Turks took both Bulgaria and Romania, and also might drop their eye on the Balkan.
The Turks were, by the way, the first to invade hostile territory. They attacked Romania from Bulgaria, supported by their fleet on the Black Sea, seizing Romania from under the Russian noses.

These Russians did expand their territory in the North tho, by taking over Sweden.

That is all for the year 1900, more information about the intentions of the superpowers are likely to be revealed in 1901, where more clattering of armour will be heard on the plains and hills of Europe.

Steve_God

Official Helper
After year 2, the intentions of the 7 superpowers are becoming slightly more clear:

France and England have been in deep battle, with England taking over control of the English Channel, while now being put under threat from the Irish Sea, and the further worry with an additional fleet having been built in Brest. Belgium became a hotly fought battle ground, but the French retained their occupation, and in addition, expanded overall by taking occupation of Spain.

Germany made progress North and East against Russia, with some scuffles in Scandinavia claiming Sweden and having cornered an army in Norway, and also a brave attempt to take Warsaw, which was heavily defended against.

Austria made advances to the East taking Rumania off the hands of Turkey, while attempting to take Venice off Italy, but without progress due to the heavy defence received.

However, the most interesting move from this year came from Italy and Turkey... while Italy was busy in the North defending Venice, and Turkey made a loss in Rumania while advancing into Russian soil in Sevastopol, Italy convoyed an army into Greece, with the support of the Turkish army in Bulgaria!
Interesting move, clearly showing an agreement of some form, however we will have to wait with baited breath to see if this is a permanent alliance, or just a temporary agreement to destroy a common enemy...

Steve_God

Official Helper
I think it's gone quiet as some of us have been playing two games, I'll give a brief update: :)

'Bushtarion' Game (continued from the previous posts)

- France has dominated England, and England are no more.
- Italy and Turkey have dominated Austria, and Austria are no more.
- Germany and Turkey have dominated Russia, and Russia are no more.

Since then:
- Turkey has moved North claiming more of Russia from Germany.
- Germany backstabbed France, causing an onslaught by France into Germany and Scandinavia.
- Turkey has backstabbed Italy, causing wars around Austria between the two.

In the new 'HobbsPalace' game:

- Russia was dominated from all angles, and is left with one army.
- Turkey was double teamed by Austria and Italy, but still holding out.
- France is making an onslaught into Italy practically undefended while their troops are attacking Turkey.
- England and Germany are both fighting over different areas of Scandinavia and Northern Russia.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
- England and Germany are both fighting over different areas of Scandinavia and Northern Russia.

There had been reports of 'bitcjhes & hoes' in the North Sea, hence the German interest. Sadly, all we found were seaweed & oil rigs. The communications officer responsible has been dealt with.

(Also, a party has been set up on the oil rig :D)

Last edited: