Cards on the table | R30

f0xx

Landscape Designer
When 3 alliances side to attack an alliance which is smaller than any of them, you know it is a sad day in bushtarion.

You gentlemen, Twigley, Steve_God and JJ couldn't have gone any lower. I salute you, you have reached a new level of patheticness. Some poeple say that it is not important what you have achieved, but how you have achieved it. You showed us that you do not care how you achieve things as long as you achieve them.

As for Twigley and SG, I thought I could expect more "honor" from people who have been playing here for more than 6 years. I guess I was wrong again.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
When 3 alliances side to attack an alliance which is smaller than any of them, you know it is a sad day in bushtarion.

You gentlemen, Twigley, Steve_God and JJ couldn't have gone any lower. I salute you, you have reached a new level of patheticness. Some poeple say that it is not important what you have achieved, but how you have achieved it. You showed us that you do not care how you achieve things as long as you achieve them.

As for Twigley and SG, I thought I could expect more "honor" from people who have been playing here for more than 6 years. I guess I was wrong again.

i do personally agree with you, i never intend to be part of a powerblock or have permanent allis because i feel i would achieve nothing.
but its a valid tactic and almost garantee's you the win if you have alot of the more pro players, i dont understand how someone would not want to fight for victory though, being handed it takes the fun away for me

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
i do personally agree with you, i never intend to be part of a powerblock or have permanent allis because i feel i would achieve nothing.
but its a valid tactic and almost garantee's you the win if you have alot of the more pro players, i dont understand how someone would not want to fight for victory though, being handed it takes the fun away for me

I swear the original post of TBA, (on old forums) was to teach new players learn the game and help lead alliances FTW in the future?

Where did that go wrong? Your more likely to put people off with a power block, bashing the **** out of small alliances and players 3v1.

pfft Great round this is going to be!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
i swear the original post of tba, (on old forums) was to teach new players learn the game and help lead alliances ftw in the future?

Where did that go wrong? Your more likely to put people off with a power block, bashing the **** out of small alliances and players 3v1.

Pfft great round this is going to be!

qft

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
You guys are so right.

What the hell are we doing? Attacking? in a War game? WTH :-o

-

f0xx, your alliance - in conjunction with Chance, AND TDL, hit S_G during the week. Did you see us coming on here and complaining of your coordinated attacks?

No - because its a valid and very useful way of getting ahead.

So just to clarify - WarHuh?, Chance, and TDL - massing S_G is "ok" - but when S_G, inim, and Overlude hit you, that's omfgz wrong?

hypocrite, tbh :/

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
We hit an alliance thats in a Power block and was ranked 5.

You hit ranked 7 alliances 3v1 (just 1 example, all your hits are together)

Polo and us joined forces as we could see our time ticking away, even still thats 2v1 and because we know we have no chance alone"

You guys are just talking such bollocks!! You really are, its so boring to read ur lies time after time. Grow some balls and have fun, cos ur rounds will be so boring soon.

Alci - your so right!! :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
The massing is well uncool, but that's going to happen every round so it just happens to be a negative side effect of the real problem people are pissed off about. That is 3 allies actively working together to crush everyone else in a powerblock. That is unbelievably boring for this game, boring for the players not involved in the powerblock and is killing this game faster and faster and evidently makes players, new and old, not want to play anymore.

i've spent an astonishingly large portion of my bush career 'getting bashed' and it's not so bad with only one or two allies, but a continuous power block is just unacceptably boring and makes this game unspeakably ****. Didn't we get rid of A-Naps ages ago for this very reason?

rooney

Head Gardener
i just have one question. is it honestly fun to win the round so easily? i mean really how can it be? this is so easy for you lot you might as well not bother turning on your PCs for all the work it would take you...

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
The massing is well uncool, but that's going to happen every round so it just happens to be a negative side effect of the real problem people are pissed off about. That is 3 allies actively working together to crush everyone else in a powerblock. That is unbelievably boring for this game, boring for the players not involved in the powerblock and is killing this game faster and faster and evidently makes players, new and old, not want to play anymore.

i've spent an astonishingly large portion of my bush career 'getting bashed' and it's not so bad with only one or two allies, but a continuous power block is just unacceptably boring and makes this game unspeakably ****. Didn't we get rid of A-Naps ages ago for this very reason?

Your issue appears to be more with the length of the round, than the powerblock itself.

I can see why people are getting annoyed here. Incoming from 3 alliances is enough to piss anyone off. But at the end of the day, there are no rules that say alliances can't work together.

Just be careful before you start flaming the guys involved. Because put simply a number of alliances have worked together this round, just because three have done so more effectively than anyone else, doesn't make that group of individuals "n00bs, dishonourable, or idiots" (or any mix of the three).

It just means they were better organized, better prepared and fought better. (YES, by massing together, so what? Most alliances in the top 8 are "guilty" of the same)

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
Your issue appears to be more with the length of the round, than the powerblock itself.

I can see why people are getting annoyed here. Incoming from 3 alliances is enough to piss anyone off. But at the end of the day, there are no rules that say alliances can't work together.

Just be careful before you start flaming the guys involved. Because put simply a number of alliances have worked together this round, just because three have done so more effectively than anyone else, doesn't make that group of individuals "n00bs, dishonourable, or idiots" (or any mix of the three).

It just means they were better organized, better prepared and fought better. (YES, by massing together, so what? Most alliances in the top 8 are "guilty" of the same)

your mistaking caring for skill. your allis are 'looking' after each other, the rest arent.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Uh no, my issue is with the powerblock. next time you'd like to tell me what i'm thinking and what i'm annoyed about, please PM me first to ensure you don't look like an idiot.

Anaps were removed to prevent powerblocks and stagnation of the top. No there is no rule that prevents alliances from working together; but i don't object to allies working together; that would make me a hypocrite, not to mention a boring player. However, I must object rather strenuously to the use of a powerblock.

And I can't see where i said in my posts that you were all n00bs, idiots or dishonourable. I would say that powerblocking is a dishonourable tactic, but i'm not in a position to call the members either idiots or n00bs. I think you're playing the game in a stupid manner that ruins the fun for just about everyone involved and if you take that personally then so be it.

Better organized, certainly, it takes quite some organizational skill to bash one alliance with three, no doubt about it; better prepared is arguable and as for fought better: you think simply because 3 alliances mass 1 with flak and early LETs that you're better fighters? Lol.... wait til everyone is teched up sweetheart then feel free to post that slander.

DA: feel free to address the actual subject of my posts when you answer me, since once again my point sailed right over your head. Read, ponder, understand, *then* post... right?

Last edited:

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Lololol. More effective? Better organised? Haha come on please.

We did not create a powerblock because we cannot take an alliance alone. We do not share the same channel with 2 other alliances. We do not share our IDs with 2 other alliances. We do not attack with 2 other alliances an alliance which is smaller. You call that skill?

Is that how you guys "teach" new players? "Get as much players as possible and then throw them into the enemy". You guys make me sick.

Do you call putting 60 people in 1 channel and changing the topic of it "a better organisation"? Give me a break.

I thought the playerbase and especially the leaders have grown up the phase of making powerblocks and have become more mature. You prove me wrong though.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
lololol. More effective? Better organised? Haha come on please.

We did not create a powerblock because we cannot take an alliance alone. We do not share the same channel with 2 other alliances. We do not share our ids with 2 other alliances. We do not attack with 2 other alliances an alliance which is smaller. You call that skill?

Is that how you guys "teach" new players? "get as much players as possible and then throw them into the enemy". You guys make me sick.

Do you call putting 60 people in 1 channel and changing the topic of it "a better organisation"? Give me a break.

I thought the playerbase and especially the leaders have grown up the phase of making powerblocks and have become more mature. You prove me wrong though.

qft

CFalcon

Official Helper
I appreciate that 3 alliances working together is very difficult and frustrating to combat, and I'd either be angry or despairing if I was on the receiving end, but I am curious as to why the rest of the top 10, particularly Chance and War, are just lying back and taking it. Aside from this often mentioned attack on SG, I haven't heard of a single properly organised hit. If you're facing a 'powerblock', really, I would have thought, the best course of action is to form your own and take the fight to them. Round 10 anyone?

n0c0ntr0l

Harvester
I appreciate that 3 alliances working together is very difficult and frustrating to combat, and I'd either be angry or despairing if I was on the receiving end, but I am curious as to why the rest of the top 10, particularly Chance and War, are just lying back and taking it. Aside from this often mentioned attack on SG, I haven't heard of a single properly organised hit. If you're facing a 'powerblock', really, I would have thought, the best course of action is to form your own and take the fight to them. Round 10 anyone?

QFT, if complaining isn't working, why aren't you doing something about it... fight fire with fire. Bring your own powerblock to the table, surely it would feel justified.