Cards on the table | R30

f0xx

Landscape Designer
If you're facing a 'powerblock', really, I would have thought, the best course of action is to form your own and take the fight to them. Round 10 anyone?

The thing is, we do not have as big playerbase as we used to have in round 10.

Your 3 ally powerblock is basicly 10% of the game.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Alcibiades said:
Uh no, my issue is with the powerblock. next time you'd like to tell me what i'm thinking and what i'm annoyed about, please PM me first to ensure you don't look like an idiot.

same said:
That is unbelievably boring for this game, boring for the players not involved in the powerblock and is killing this game faster and faster and evident

To me when people starting talking about powerblocks making the game boring, I assume they're talking about a round that is too long because the winner is decided so early on.

Also

Dark_Angel said:
Your issue appears to be more

"Appears to be" is not an assertion, so don't make out that I said that as If I knew what you were thinking. At the risk of looking silly ;)

-

Alci said:
but i don't object to allies working together; that would make me a hypocrite, not to mention a boring player. However, I must object rather strenuously to the use of a powerblock.

That doesn't make a lot of sense when you think about it. A powerblock is just two/three alliances working together, but at the top.

So alliances can only work together if they're outside the top 3? How does that work? When a winged-alliance has some success, and moves into the top 3, their cooperative behaviour is then frowned upon rather than applauded?

-

better prepared is arguable
Well TBA is looking fairly strong, so I don't see the argument there :p

-

Alcibiades said:
DA: feel free to address the actual subject of my posts when you answer me, since once again my point sailed right over your head. Read, ponder, understand, *then* post... right?

Your point didn't sail over my head, as I've just detailed above.

-

F0xx said:
Lololol. More effective? Better organised? Haha come on please.

We did not create a powerblock because we cannot take an alliance alone. We do not share the same channel with 2 other alliances. We do not share our IDs with 2 other alliances. We do not attack with 2 other alliances an alliance which is smaller. You call that skill?

Is that how you guys "teach" new players? "Get as much players as possible and then throw them into the enemy". You guys make me sick.

Do you call putting 60 people in 1 channel and changing the topic of it "a better organisation"? Give me a break.

I thought the playerbase and especially the leaders have grown up the phase of making powerblocks and have become more mature. You prove me wrong though.

This is a game about winning. The best want to win. If you're telling me when you want everyone to pwomise' to not organise wings before a round starts, when it is the single safest bet to secure a win, you're living in a fantasy land.

CF said:
I was on the receiving end, but I am curious as to why the rest of the top 10, particularly Chance and War, are just lying back and taking it

QFT :D

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I don't want anyone to "promise" me anything DA. The truth is, you guys are just sad and pathetic skill-less guys who can't take even a smaller alliance 1 on 1.

Now that being said, I hope you and your 59 friends enjoy your round of hoarding seeds, because you know what? Each one of you 60 is replacable and in the end people will not remember you as the alliance who won because of their skills, but the alliance who won with a powerblock. Is that a victory at all? You tell me.

I hope you have a good time of holding hands for the rest of the round with your other 59 pals.

No-Dachi

Official Helper

I appreciate that 3 alliances working together is very difficult and frustrating to combat, and I'd either be angry or despairing if I was on the receiving end, but I am curious as to why the rest of the top 10, particularly Chance and War, are just lying back and taking it. Aside from this often mentioned attack on SG, I haven't heard of a single properly organised hit. If you're facing a 'powerblock', really, I would have thought, the best course of action is to form your own and take the fight to them.

There is a problem organising hits on them when you only have the manpower to take out one at a time. If you launch at 1, the two others will retal you, meaning you'll lose more land than you gain. Until you are decently teched and a have a lot of lethals to fall back on, you can't keep up with heavy land losses. It puts you too far behind, and they'll outgrow you either way. There has also been some clever political deceiving in the picture which I must say that was well done. It does not change what they are doing to the game and the round, and it can never repair the damage to my image and respect of those in question, but that was a well done stunt.

And as f0xx said, r10 was a whole different story in so many ways.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I don't want anyone to "promise" me anything DA. The truth is, you guys are just sad and pathetic skill-less guys who can't take even a smaller alliance 1 on 1.

Now that being said, I hope you and your 59 friends enjoy your round of hoarding seeds :)

F0xx, I'll say again, that is rich coming from you when earlier this week, WarHuh?, Chance and TDL hit "SG".

And don't throw that "we were hitting the powerblock" stuff at me, its bull tbh. Both WH and Chance were above SG AND Overlude.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
F0xx, I'll say again, that is rich coming from you when earlier this week, WarHuh?, Chance and TDL hit "SG".

And don't throw that "we were hitting the powerblock" stuff at me, its bull tbh. Both WH and Chance were above SG AND Overlude.

Since you guys are one allince with many wings, you cannot say that we were higher than you, so what you just said is just not true. So no, it is not bull, because we WERE hitting the powerblock.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Why do you feel the need to justify yourselves? Do you really think the playerbase gives a damn if SG got incoming from 3 alliances or not? It hardly makes your "powerblock" honourable.

If you guys want to win by "powerblocking", that's fine. But why do you want to win so badly? So other people think you're good, to enlarge your egos? If you powerblock, sure you win, but nobody will respect you in the slightest for doing so. You'll go down in history as one of the worst alliances in the game. Congrats.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
I just cant see what your going to get out of this powerblock.

The original idea was to train new people...well thats clearly not happening.

So you powerblock to victory...whats the point? What are you trying to achieve? I just cant work it out?
Do you want the win that bad? Did you wanna make the round, that pre-round looked like it was gonna be awesome? Trying to stagnate the round?

What is it by power blocking your trying to achieve? I really cant see why.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Why do you feel the need to justify yourselves? Do you really think the playerbase gives a damn if SG got incoming from 3 alliances or not? It hardly makes your "powerblock" honourable.

If you guys want to win by "powerblocking", that's fine. But why do you want to win so badly? So other people think you're good, to enlarge your egos? If you powerblock, sure you win, but nobody will respect you in the slightest for doing so. You'll go down in history as one of the worst alliances in the game. Congrats.

I'm not justifying, I'm defending the individuals involved - against slander that has been thrown around a fair bit in this thread.

And tbh, for me at least, winning is winning. Who's arsed about how you were remembered for winning?

Changer

Head Gardener

Personally I think the reason for this 10% of the playerbase wanting to join such a 'powerblock' is mainly because they themselves for numerous rounds have had to put up with bashings over and over again.

Suddenly they decide to bite back and all the players that are usually top are crying about it. Live with it, we all have had to for many a round.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
personally i think the reason for this 10% of the playerbase wanting to join such a 'powerblock' is mainly because they themselves for numerous rounds have had to put up with bashings over and over again.

Suddenly they decide to bite back and all the players that are usually top are crying about it. Live with it, we all have had to for many a round.

qft

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Personally I think the reason for this 10% of the playerbase wanting to join such a 'powerblock' is mainly because they themselves for numerous rounds have had to put up with bashings over and over again.

Buuulllllllll shiiiiiiiittt

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Please take this from a different perspective. We are not commenting because we are losing/have lost. We are commenting because the 3 of you working together is now unecessary. 6 alliances hiting WH at the start was necessary, even hitting us again as 3 was. Now you guys are way ahead you don't need it.

I hate posts like yours that just focus on "We're winning and you're losing so stfu".

One of our members said earlier in our channel:

"I don't care about losing, I don't enjoy it, but I don't mind it" - it's the fact you guys are *still* working together, not more so you doing it in the first place.

n0c0ntr0l

Harvester
At the end of the day, wings have been around for ages. Look at virus back in the day. Don't complain, if you feel hard done, tough! Either remove the block, or stop whining.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
I'm not justifying, I'm defending the individuals involved - against slander that has been thrown around a fair bit in this thread.

And tbh, for me at least, winning is winning. Who's arsed about how you were remembered for winning?

Firstly, it's libel, not slander. And secondly, all your posts reek of attempts to justify your actions. If you didn't care what people thought about you and winning was just winning, why are you attempting such justification?

As for who's arsed about how you were remembered for winning? I'd guess the majority of players (who actually even care who wins). When I ever look back at the past rankings, I don't respect just anyone who finished near the top. I respect those players/alliances who earned their wins. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Yeah, the players in War?, Chance, ViruS, etc are usually at the top. :roll: Personally, I've been bashed just as much as anyone else, if not more. And I don't really mind it either.

Changer

Head Gardener
I hate posts like yours that just focus on "We're winning and you're losing so stfu".

Im not saying that exactly, im heading more towards the point that it is the actions of others is previous rounds that has lead to this.