Bush World Cup 2009 - Discussion

Spiky Spoon

Head Gardener
but then the English teams wouldn't be the best players. they'd be groups of friends. Qualifying wouldn't work imo.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
The problem is not having enough players for certain countries, so you divide up certain countries... still without knowing how many people can/will play in each country?

People should have applications for ONE country, then based on the interest you can gage how many are available per country.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
UK:

England. - 10.

Ireland, Wales, Scotland (The celts) - 10.

Sorted.

Also, unsure at qualifiers, often the best players of them will kill each other meaning Team England is pwned ;(

Also you really think we have enough time to play a solo PW then a proper one straight after?

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Important detail for many, as the holidays approach, is the timing. I applied, but I don't really know if I'll be able to play, since I don't know when exactly this is going down. :p

aGit

Harvester
regional world cup just dont sound the same at all, if i cant speak my own language in the alliance channel, it aint really a WC like the ones before. Face it people, you're trying to push this idea through even with the regional teams, just because you liked the original idea of the WC, it aint doable anymore.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
agreed Agit great idea in theory and ofc i'll still take part but the time of the world cup like the days of bushtarion being big enough to host it are gone..........

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Most bush players speak english aGit, you know that, so I don't know why you're coming up with that :/

Can I just ask Franny why you've started the player registration process before we've even decided, firmly, on the teams? Indeed without saying a word to me, when I started planning in the first place :s

This is going to go tits up if everyone tries sticking their oar in :/

me said:

Stage 2 of planning, when all countries/regions are properly defined, will involve The Vote for each team captain.

Last edited:

Changer

Head Gardener
tbh, at least it helps you work out numbers that you will be getting from each region. So you can go on to merge regions, make others ect ect

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
The idea was to determine the teams first, then decide on captains, then have each captain create their own thread for applicants, who they could then choose from :/

The point being I had an idea how I was going to organise things.

Can I just point out that for future reference; if people want to help I'm happy to invite them to do so, and appreciate that, but random people popping up and rushing the entire planning process is just going to make this whole thing less likely to happen. I took it upon myself to organise the WC' - I've organised one in the past, learnt from mistakes and know that planning has to be tight this time round. Atm this is looking very rushed, and rushing it will just make it suck, as well as wasting the time and money of players who thought this a good idea.

Last edited:

Netherdragon

Pruner
i get what your saying with this DA, but seeing as its already happened, may as well use the extra information you will get to decide on the countries, im sure if you handle all the planning from here on, confusion will be minimised and all will work out well. AS long as from now on anyone else that wants to help out runs it by you 1st that is. :p

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
The idea was to determine the teams first, then decide on captains, then have each captain create their own thread for applicants, who they could then choose from :/

The point being I had an idea how I was going to organise things.

Can I just point out that for future reference; if people want to help I'm happy to invite them to do so, and appreciate that, but random people popping up and rushing the entire planning process is just going to make this whole thing less likely to happen. I took it upon myself to organise the WC' - I've organised one in the past, learnt from mistakes and know that planning has to be tight this time round. Atm this is looking very rushed, and rushing it will just make it suck, as well as wasting the time and money of players who thought this a good idea.

The problem is not having enough players for certain countries, so you divide up certain countries... still without knowing how many people can/will play in each country?

People should have applications for ONE country, then based on the interest you can gage how many are available per country.

Makes more sense? Although how Franny has laid it out it doesn't solve the problem. Although it still looks like the best way to do it.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Just to let everyone know - "PW Proposal: Bush World Cup 2009" has been merged with "Bush World Cup - Stage 1 planning".

-

Also, the tournament's details can now be found here

Last edited:

Amanala

Harvester
Given the lack of applicants for the Australian / NZ team may I suggest merging it with the asian team? This would open up and additional spot for another UK team (Making it possible to have North / South England, for example).

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Given the lack of applicants for the Australian / NZ team may I suggest merging it with the asian team? This would open up and additional spot for another UK team (Making it possible to have North / South England, for example).

We'll see where we stand after applications close.

Azzer will be boosting publicity for the project by linking the "Final Details" thread to Admin Message shortly. More people should be made aware of the tournament :)

FeR

Harvester
I'm not sure whether people would be more interested in an in-game based reward, like a special unit, or a 20-50 point reward in the "User Awards" section, something like "World Cup Winner".

Or something.

I dont think thats fair for everyone.

I cant see my country there, so that means i cant play. Then why would u have the chance to get point rewards and i dont? Just because you live in europe/usa/asia?

Thats all. And also, i know everyone cant play, but its kinda unfair really.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Point taken FeR :p

Didnt think of that.

Atm the reward is \\\GLORY///

:p

FeR

Harvester
Maybe just add Argentina somewhere and i change my mind LOL :p

No but really, u can give BC prices, cause the ones playing are paying for it and woulnt be unfair for ppl that dont play. But give reward points seems unfair if not everyone is allowed at least to participate, maybe not even play, but with posibilities of being chosen.

nathan

Weeder
I should also probably point out that this isn't going to be a PW for everyone. The whole point is that each team consists of the best 10 players from a country (or agreed geographical region).

Sorry it just sounds like yet another thing splitting the top 100 or so FTW players from the rest of the playerbase to me...

do we really need another reason for people to leave the game?