Bush World Cup 2009 - Discussion

FeR

Harvester
I should also probably point out that this isn't going to be a PW for everyone. The whole point is that each team consists of the best 10 players from a country (or agreed geographical region).

Sorry it just sounds like yet another thing splitting the top 100 or so FTW players from the rest of the playerbase to me...

do we really need another reason for people to leave the game?

Its not splitting. Its a tournament, and not everyone can play. So thats fair, cause life its like that. Train to be in there next tournament, get in touch with good people. Everyone can do that and be considered to play the tournament.

Ofc, people that joined the game 2 weeks ago maybe wont have the posibility to play, but that doenst mean they cant play the next one, if they keep playing and do it good.

The problem with the split, is when people cant play just for living in a country like Argentina :p

Ram

Head Gardener
I should also probably point out that this isn't going to be a PW for everyone. The whole point is that each team consists of the best 10 players from a country (or agreed geographical region).

Sorry it just sounds like yet another thing splitting the top 100 or so FTW players from the rest of the playerbase to me...

do we really need another reason for people to leave the game?

If you leave the game for not playing a PW? shame on you.

nathan

Weeder
I wouldn't leave no, im fully aware that unless you know the right people in this game, your not going to get into the PW, the same goes for the top alliances, you have to know people

Im also aware that knowing the top people means you need to put the effort in to know the people

I play bush for the game i wouldn't leave it for that reason, and guess im getting to know more people every round and playing at a higher level every round, was just pointing out its something people will feel left out of :p

Edit: I probably should have used "people" a lot less in that post..

FeR

Harvester
By the way, i was just complaining cause i have been home all day and i love bush :p

Im sorry if i sounded a bit angry or something, the idea was not to fill the thread with ****, but maybe just complain a bit for not being listed as a country (OFC not full country team cause that would be insane, but maybe along with other americans like usa/canada :p)

Would be nice to have the chance to apply for captain to decide if i can do it or not ;)
If there is no chance, well, bad luck and end of discussion. Im not even helping with the set up, so i should shut up a bit ñ_ñ.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
FeR can perhaps join a Soutern Hemisphere team, with the likes of Aussies and Kiwis, and South Africans, those are about the only places in the Southern Hemisphere, and the aussie team isn't filling, yet...

Ahead

Head Gardener
FeR can perhaps join a Soutern Hemisphere team, with the likes of Aussies and Kiwis, and South Africans, those are about the only places in the Southern Hemisphere, and the aussie team isn't filling, yet...

In which case you get different timezones within the team which makes the world cup imbalanced and unfair towards the other teams. The fact that it's a world cup means that people should have the same nationality and therefore (roughly) timezone, and same with the regional thing so grouping the whole southern hemisphere together wouldn't work and would be unfair.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener

In which case you get different timezones within the team which makes the world cup imbalanced and unfair towards the other teams. The fact that it's a world cup means that people should have the same nationality and therefore (roughly) timezone, and same with the regional thing so grouping the whole southern hemisphere together wouldn't work and would be unfair.

you dont say that about Russia, or other places in the Arctic circle :p

lavadog

Head Gardener
Because we have close to no russian players? (at least that I'm aware of, I'm open for correction)

If you put FeR and a few other south americans together with the aussies and some south africans (there are a few), you'd able to cover the whole day pretty easy, whereas the other teams have limited time zones at their disposal.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Wont work... I mean this whole thing.
Its so nice idea, but as far as it stays like it has stayed after first and only real bush WC as Azzer doesnt give a smeg... well it just isnt going to work. Whole thing should base on free world cup that could be watched by audience (others) with access to for example their own country players account as "observers" and to other stats like that.

It also should have Azzer watching it almost 24/7 to make sure no communications happen between teams and no joint operations are made, if rule broken team would be punished very harshly.

Last problem is that this game simply lacks the playerbase for stuff like this. Theres about half of players there were around first WC. So making real teams is next to impossible.

It all comes down to what Azzer is ready to do. It must be made offical, it should be announced with link on oview, ask people to join/apply their country teams and give enought time for people to find out of it. If this all goes down only to those who read forums/use IRC... well it is not WC then same way as it is not if Azzer doesnt make it offical and really support it... its only PW without anything to back it up, just like happend with last WC and all attempts after that. Azzers lack of interest to rich community by supporting it has put this so good idea down so many times, that its really sad.

Hes attitude towards WC's has been after that first one about "Go ahead rent PW and organize one" Which really is not what whole WC idea is about. He has made whole WC idea looks like its just PW among others and players are the ones to organize it, do it and pay for it. Thats not what I could count as WC. Apparently many others think so too and for that reason and some others it has always collapsed before it even started. Thats why I am afraid all this work is done for nothing, unless someone first gets Azzer to actually do it and work for it (which I doubt), I have not ever seen reason why hes not rady to do it but well its his game.

It is sad but true.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
No, i'm saying your negativity and general attitude isn't needed in this thread.

People like you are the ones that kill these events.
People have already signed up and expressed interest and teams are nearly full.

We know it isn't official WC, nobody said it was.
It's a PW some people want to take part in if they so wish too.

Why put such an outlandish "opinion" out about that?

And yes, i can tell people to stop expressing their cancerous opinions on an event they are not involved with, an event that is being organised by people putting their own money forward to enjoy it, doesn't mean you have to stop, but in the sake of not having your posts deleted again for flames, i prolly would stop.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Mods do as they wish its not my or your concern.
If you read my post I have said multiple times in it that I would love to see real WC and its so awesome idea.
I just hate to see so awesome idea thrown to waste cause of Azzers greedy/lazyness.

Hell if it would even be that greed part... I am sure people could easily find those BCs to pay for such world... problem is in that Azzer is not supporting it.

If you want to say its only PW then I suggest you also post how you want to change titles of all these topics to PW of world countries or something along those lines.

World cup always means real competition of nations, if its just PW then its just PW not world cup. It cant be called offical, so it has no status of world cup and as such it usually means we will see same kind of BS as in last "WC" where people turned against the own countries cause of some insidedebates... countries allied up etc.

You like it or not but everyone is free to give their opinions on these forums. I cant come out praising this thing if I see something wrong in it. I did praise tho the idea of having world cup. You really want to get all happy fun and pink clouds then go to some mental hospital where they feed you full of drugs... this is real world and not everyone agrees with everything and not everyone shares your opinion. You can find ignore thing under user control panel and after such you dont need to read my writings anymore. If all you have to say is against my writing style well no one forcing you to read and if you somehow think you must then all I can say is get over it.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Wont work...

it should be announced with link on oview, ask people to join/apply their country teams and give enought time for people to find out of it.

worldcup.jpg

Twigley said:
No, i'm saying your negativity and general attitude isn't needed in this thread.

People like you are the ones that kill these events.
People have already signed up and expressed interest and teams are nearly full.

QFT.

lavadog

Head Gardener
And the forum's most people online has been broken since the announcement, so if anything, it's good for community activity and morale.

Stop being such a party pooper BW :p We'll see how it turns out. If it fails, you can go all "I told you so" on us, if it works, you get your negativity out of here. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Now get those teams filled and let the games commence :D