Bush World Cup 2009 - Discussion

Gooner

Head Gardener
Surely there would be mass application from the English playerbase and the ability to fill about 6 alliances before people start bullshitting their way into another ally as Mattheus was saying.

Changer

Head Gardener
Well split UK in 2. Like North/South. Just a suggestion. Sounds good to me if each team donates 5 BC. Don't really care about award really. But if official an award wouldn't go amiss imo.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
The only major problem i see so far is that it isn't possible to purchase just 1 BC as far as i know. You have to purchase in blocks/groups of 5BCs. So someone per team is going to have to fork out the money. Not that this is a huge problem just that people seem to be under the impression you can buy 1 BC at a time. The last time i purchased them this was not an option.

Changer

Head Gardener
The only major problem i see so far is that it isn't possible to purchase just 1 BC as far as i know. You have to purchase in blocks/groups of 5BCs. So someone per team is going to have to fork out the money. Not that this is a huge problem just that people seem to be under the impression you can buy 1 BC at a time. The last time i purchased them this was not an option.

Aye, but its not a massive issue. If your willing to buy 6 BC and use 5 on a PU for next round or something. As I believe you can transfer them 1 at a time?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Aye, but its not a massive issue. If your willing to buy 6 BC and use 5 on a PU for next round or something. As I believe you can transfer them 1 at a time?

good point. that's that issue sorted then :p

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Sure ill play, and yes you could split england into north and south, or add Scotland and Ireland and Wales together.

Also i could put in some bc if needed

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Splitting the more heavily represented countries was my initial thought too (eg east and west coast america etc), but I'm kinda against the idea now. Would be a bit unfair for other countries who have to really scrape the barrel to fill the 10 spots while England and America are doubly represented. Just because England has a much larger pool of football players to choose from then Switzerland it doesn't mean that they can send more then the 1 team to international tournaments. :p
England, Scotland and Wales fine, but none of that northern and southern england bullcrap. :p

Sorry to be all negative and bring this up, but apart from the UK, US, Canada, Australia and Holland, what other countries can muster up enough currently active players? That's not a leading question btw, I'm open to the fact I'm completely wrong, just interested.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Some countries will have problems filling a team of 10 indeed, what about using 'regions' for certain teams? Like the Benelux for Belgium & the Netherlands, and the Baltics for Bulgaria & Romania, Oceania for Australia & New Zealand, etc...

Changer

Head Gardener
Some countries will have problems filling a team of 10 indeed, what about using 'regions' for certain teams? Like the Benelux for Belgium & the Netherlands, and the Baltics for Bulgaria & Romania, Oceania for Australia & New Zealand, etc...

Also a good idea

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Sorry to be all negative and bring this up, but apart from the UK, US, Canada, Australia and Holland, what other countries can muster up enough currently active players?

Can canada really scrape together 10 active players? :|

lavadog

Head Gardener
You sir, are a one man army, so there's really no need to worry.

On topic, I really like maxi's regions idea.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Sorry to be all negative and bring this up, but apart from the UK, US, Canada, Australia and Holland, what other countries can muster up enough currently active players?

Persuade Chewyow to play. He counts as ~9 players he's that good.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Persuade Chewyow to play. He counts as ~9 players he's that good.

True. Chewyow really is the man

You sir, are a one man army, so there's really no need to worry.

On topic, I really like maxi's regions idea.

If only that were the case lavadog, if only that were the case then i'd be rank1 ally, best solo, Stat Grandmaster and leader of the resistance all in one round :( Alas i'm (only) human... :(

Agreed with Maxi's suggestion too about regions, it might help divvy it up a little bit and help the less well represented countries band together.

PS: Can we have an "Old Soviet Republics" region just for lulz? :p

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Sumat like this would be good.

lavadog

Head Gardener
If only that were the case lavadog, if only that were the case then i'd be rank1 ally, best solo, Stat Grandmaster and leader of the resistance all in one round :( Alas i'm (only) human... :(

Have ye any more dreams of me to kill? :(

Doesn't azzer have some data on where his players come from? Like those things you sometimes see on networking sites, tables showing how many visitors from each country visited the profile. Shouldn't be too hard to find out through ip's I think and it can possibly give you an idea of the participants per country.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Have ye any more dreams of me to kill? :(

Doesn't azzer have some data on where his players come from? Like those things you sometimes see on networking sites, tables showing how many visitors from each country visited the profile. Shouldn't be too hard to find out through ip's I think and it can possibly give you an idea of the participants per country.

Depends what other dreams you have ;) :whipped:

As toby says, the User profiles page breaks people down by nationality; but i'm not sure if that would give you an accurate 'active' player list. But it does certainly give you a general idea.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Ofc Alci, I know like 10 from my school alone! :p

Can we scrape together 10 players i want to play with, then? ;) lol

I'm surprised, i never noticed a lot of active canadians :(