Asphyxia disband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
What Alci says is 100% correct. Winning doesn't make you a good leader. Good leadership is toughening it out through the good and bad, not saying...you guys are hopeless, none of you seem to want to play, I am disbanding this alliance and joining the top!

Congratualtions on taking it out of context and still being butt hurt.

A good leader needs to have the trust of his peers. Twigley, you have none.

Oh? Who is this exactly? A few people who are butthurt over me kicking them and others saying they were useless?
Again, you can have your opinion on what a leader is, however id press you to do it before you go around BSing.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Past leadership experiences aside, disbanding the alliance with no warning (other than your new alliance) was wrong. If you can't see that, I guess I know you even less than I thought I did. I have a feeling you do, since the only real 'defense' of your action was a propogandaisque lie/spin taken completely out of context, which we had a good laugh in our new channel yesterday. I imagine I'll never get a confession or an apology though.

You had several other options, all of which would have allowed you to leave gracefully if you no longer wanted to lead. You could have handed off leadership to a number of people, or you could have just stepped down. I doubt many of us would have been so angry even if you wanted to leave to GC (though I imagine many would have still felt betrayed).

This thread has turned in to a bash Twigley-fest, which technically was its purpose. But not to judge him on his past leadership successes, or even how good of a player he is. Anybody who has played with him should know he's a great player. He can organize, and he knows his **** about Bushtarion. He's willing to put in time for his alliance, and isn't afraid to take losses for the greater good.

Sorry, felt like I should make a post getting the thread back on topic,, and even defend Twigley a little (not that I have a lot of general respect left for him).

Abreu

Pruner
I was going to stay out of this but being a member of Asph, I must say all round Twigley has been a superb leader. Almost all ally attacks he organized and then he would take it upon himself to spy each individual target and make a call on it... he was doing this by himself. Maybe once or twice someone else would contribute. He also organized most of the defence again on his on with the occasional bit of help from someone else.
All in all Twigley is a fantastic leader and anyone who hasn't played under him should just stop paying out on him.

But on the other hand the way he disbanded Asph was as I saw it a very low act. Yes there was a post in pols saying that Twigs wanted us to all pick up our act or he was going to seriously think about disbanding the alliance. I at this point was inactive join to some very serious RL issues so I can't comment on what the attitude of the alliance was after that post was made... but with Twigs knowing my real life situation I would have expected a text or wait and give everyone a time that he was going to disband so that everyone could organize something else.

To Twigs: There is a saying I heard not to long ago;

You can do a million things right but if you f**k one goat, what is everyone going to remember you for....

Tombi

Harvester
Why are people even posting and arguing, the vast majority of you were never in Asphyxia so i don't see what your getting pissed about, it wasnt the alliance that you were in so basically Stfu and stop flaming twigley

Silence

Head Gardener
Why are people even posting and arguing, the vast majority of you were never in Asphyxia so i don't see what your getting pissed about, it wasnt the alliance that you were in so basically Stfu and stop flaming twigley

People complain because of the *effect* that Twigley disbanding his alliance has done to this round.
How could you not see this? Another brilliant remark by Tombi! (Although I can explain further if you don't quite get it still!)

Although I do feel it is rather harsh to judge someone solely on one action because I know that Twigley is a very good leader - perhaps the best I played with so poo on all you who feel the necessity to Twigley bash once again! (Leave the poor boy alone for once)

timtadams

Landscape Designer

People complain because of the *effect* that Twigley disbanding his alliance has done to this round.
How could you not see this? Another brilliant remark by Tombi! (Although I can explain further if you don't quite get it still!)

Although I do feel it is rather harsh to judge someone solely on one action because I know that Twigley is a very good leader - perhaps the best I played with so poo on all you who feel the necessity to Twigley bash once again! (Leave the poor boy alone for once)

And what effect did it have on the round?

Its just that from what i could tell (from both Twigley, and other ex Asph members) half of Asph was not FTW, so i find it hard to believe that they would have succeeded in doing anything significant for the round. Obviously Twigley realised this.

Godsend9701

Harvester

And what effect did it have on the round?

Its just that from what i could tell (from both Twigley, and other ex Asph members) half of Asph was not FTW, so i find it hard to believe that they would have succeeded in doing anything significant for the round. Obviously Twigley realised this.

asph might of been half/half for a FTW alliance, but they did do more as a half and half ally than lets say barcodes who only just decided to wake up

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
50/50 FTW?

There is no way you can say Asphyxia had no effect on the round, or couldn't have in the future. Not only were we rank 1 in activity before we went into sleep mode, we had all 19-20 members on a LOT when we were doing mass attacking/defending. We had a lot of troops and had we allied with NOMW I'm pretty confident GC would have fallen, just like Asphyxia and NOMW did 2vs1 before. Maybe not strategically the best move since many of us believed NOMW to be the best alliance of the round, but a difference? Yes.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Asphyxia would have, could have, and did have a huge effect on the round. They should not be discounted so easily.

Even if you weren't all ftw you had enough active and competent players to be a decisive force in this round; as proven by the combined attacks on NOMW.

Godsend9701

Harvester
50/50 FTW?

There is no way you can say Asphyxia had no effect on the round, or couldn't have in the future. Not only were we rank 1 in activity before we went into sleep mode, we had all 19-20 members on a LOT when we were doing mass attacking/defending. We had a lot of troops and had we allied with NOMW I'm pretty confident GC would have fallen, just like Asphyxia and NOMW did 2vs1 before. Maybe not strategically the best move since many of us believed NOMW to be the best alliance of the round, but a difference? Yes.

sorry misunderstoond me, just before you all started deleting/ twigs disbanded the ally, it seemed asph had 50% of the ally that wanted to win, and 50% that didnt care, its what i meant, before that all happened asph was a major threat

Bruce666

Harvester
Well i've always said twigley was a pathetic player, and this proves me correct.

Horrible leader, horrible player. For shame sir, you should know better.

That's horse ****. Twigley is none of those.

I normally back twigs on EVERYTHING, i do believe he is a GOOD leader and a GOOD player, but you are without any sort of ethics, i should of realised it when you kicked 3 loyal members in the S2N round just so Eff-Bee, hobbezak and polo could join, i can be a dickhead but hitting the guys who stayed loyal too you, i understand why you killed my alliance and dont hate you for that but what you did too yur own alliance makes you a moraleless *******

comes from the heart twigs:p

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
I normally back twigs on EVERYTHING, i do believe he is a GOOD leader and a GOOD player, but you are without any sort of ethics, i should of realised it when you kicked 3 loyal members in the S2N round just so Eff-Bee, hobbezak and polo could join, i can be a dickhead but hitting the guys who stayed loyal too you, i understand why you killed my alliance and dont hate you for that but what you did too yur own alliance makes you a moraleless *******

comes from the heart twigs:p

How ironic.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Twigley, your post does you little to no justice, though I'm sure you thought it was quite clever.

You make fun of him for leaving his alliance as the leader, yet you did the same thing. You also did something much, much worse (in a moral sense). You should also notice that Firewall is still very much an alliance. That would be the key difference, in case you didn't catch my drift.

:)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Im not making fun, i am showing him how hypocritical he is being. Their entire leadership just bailed on them and not a single word was said about it.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
But, you didn't do anything wrong. Neither did he then, right?

Keep working on your logic Twigley, you'll get there.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Erm are you being retarded on purpose or are you really serious?

He is saying what i did was wrong.
Yet, he did the same.
So i showed him how by his logic, he was being hypocritical.

I didn't say what he did was right or wrong, and i didn't say i what i did was right or wrong.
I used his reasonings and logic, not mine.

Is this hard for you to understand or do you want to keep making yourself look like an idiot?

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Erm are you being retarded on purpose or are you really serious?

He is saying what i did was wrong.
Yet, he did the same.
So i showed him how by his logic, he was being hypocritical.

I didn't say what he did was right or wrong, and i didn't say i what i did was right or wrong.
I used his reasonings and logic, not mine.

Is this hard for you to understand or do you want to keep making yourself look like an idiot?

Reread my posts and try to formulate a better response. You can't just ignore part of a persons logic to fit yours Twigley. Look at something that I posted was a key factor in the difference between what he did and what you have done. They aren't remotely similar situations, or you might see a thread dedicated to Bruce disbanding Firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.