Asphyxia disband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I have to agree with Amanala. Twigley is a very good player.

Not that you even have any room to speak as to morally wrong actions Alci.

Sorry homeslice.

Decent player maybe. Appalling leader? definitely.

I guess you need something to do through your day, so venting and moronic comments must be your way of dealing with things.

If you think i am, and always have been, an appalling leader then i suggest you take a look at history rather than the anger from a few members in Asp who have been awful this round and finally spit their dummy out when i actually carried out the threat.

If you actually look at what i have done in leading, you will see ive won 60% of the rounds i have led in, came 2nd in 20% and quit once due to health problems. A bad leadership record, really? I think you are confusing my general attitude of causing a stir with bad leadership. Look at any other leader in this game who has done well and won round. Blackwolf won a fair few rounds and people hated on him because he also likes to cause a stir but when you look at his record, you see he is succesful. I guess what comes with the ultimate victory is the abuse you get for beating others.

The only thing appauling is how people make their mind up based on stupid comments. You are a player that backstabs their alliance Alci, so anything you say about what you perceive is hypocritical, as Amanala or Iamsmart said. I see so much hypocrisy from others who have done **** through previous rounds. Just none of it gets highlighted unless its against certain individuals.

How about before you guys cast a stone, you try leading and lets see how succesful you are.
I only bloody led this round 8 hours after signups because i thought the game needed another person up there to make things interesting - like most rounds. Seems i shouldnt waste my time. I wanted a good round where i wouldnt be abused on forums, and all i had from day 8 or so was unprovoked person insults and the general attitude of "Oh god he is leading lets all direct our hate to him rather than just play the game how its meant to be played".

Who is leading next round ftw? 1 alliance? Put your money where your mouth is and lets any of you lead so then when it fails after you have put ample effort into it, i can laugh at you and tell everyone how rubish you are.

Elderveld

Official Helper
I have to agree with Amanala. Twigley is a very good player.

Not that you even have any room to speak as to morally wrong actions Alci.

Sorry homeslice.

Decent player maybe. Appalling leader? definitely.

i dont belive you have had twigley as a leader for long, mayb this 3 weeks?
Twigs is THE best leader i have played whit, and ive played under him (qoute for sex jokes here) many rounds... IF u dont play as he wants u to as an alliance, i can verry much understand his dissision.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
lol. I don't think i need to justify my opinion of your leadership skills. You may have won plenty of rounds, in my book i don't think 'just winning' makes you a good leader. Sorry to have wasted your time making you write such a long winded answer. Since you've quit (again) and abandoned your alliance (again) makes sense to me that you'd stop reading forums, but i guess we can't all be that lucky :(

If you don't want to be bashed and insulted, then stop abandoning your allies when you start to lose. ;)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
lol. I don't think i need to justify my opinion of your leadership skills. You may have won plenty of rounds, in my book i don't think 'just winning' makes you a good leader. Sorry to have wasted your time making you write such a long winded answer. Since you've quit (again) and abandoned your alliance (again) makes sense to me that you'd stop reading forums, but i guess we can't all be that lucky :(

If you don't want to be bashed and insulted, then stop abandoning your allies when you start to lose. ;)

This is one of those "I could justify it, but i just dont want to because i am too busy" answers that i laugh at all the time. Means you got bugger all to back your crap up with when confronted with real history. Try looking into every leadership decision i have made, why i left one of my alliances previously before after not sleeping more than 3 hours in 14 days and having to go hospital and gave ally to my >co-leader< Lukey and then quit for a while. Every alliance previously bar 1 i have took onto glory in one form or another and i think in everyone of those rounds? I was voted best leader by my members and opposition. Im sure you can use forum search bar to see.

Alci you are just a small fish, one of many who always rabble on and make judgements even though they have done nothing themselves.

It's easy to sit there and judge when you havnt done it before. Try keeping your snide comments to yourself rather than taking every opportunity to take a digg.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I'm not too busy, it's just my opinion. I think you are a poor leader and just because you win doesn't make you a good one. It's my opinion and requires no further justification. I'm sorry you feel that way but there it is.

I've led before, and i'm well aware of how hard it is, and so i stay away from doing it because i'm not cut out for it. That doesn't put me in no position to make judgments on what i think a good leader is, or the qualities that make one.

And if you keep responding to me, it just makes me inclined to keep making snide comments, since they're so successful in getting a rise out of you ;) Start ignoring me, and maybe i'll get bored of it :(

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
You've led two winning alliances, Twigley.

Interlude in round 25.
STN in round 31 (which won because of the RRR split, not because of any glorious leadership).

That does not add up to a 60% win rate.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
And if you keep responding to me, it just makes me inclined to keep making snide comments, since they're so successful in getting a rise out of you ;) Start ignoring me, and maybe i'll get bored of it :(

You started with the **** this round, Unprovoked.

If you are talking about you leading before, and mean taking over Dill's Desperados then take a look at this thread to what people thought of you, and people thought of me: http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1410&highlight=awards

(Btw this is really lame i have to post an awards thread, but you get the idea that the alliance + leadership was shocking, just wanted to point out the log in your own eye before the splinter in another and to show you some history rather than hearsay)

If you are talking about another round, i dont remember you leading and apologise.

Godsend9701

Harvester

man you make me sick, get a ****ing alliance together and prove him wrong, show him how a "good leader" should be, til than STFU.

PS:= i just finished reading all of this, and i agree that twigs is a good player, i also agree he made some bad decisions, but really all of you get over yourselves, its a war game, look out for number 1 should be your main priority.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Interlude in round 25.
STN in round 31 (which won because of the RRR split, not because of any glorious leadership).

TBA also classes as a win...
I'm sorry toby but why not matter what thread I read and see you posting do I see such a bitter reply? You never ever have anything good to say, is the world really that hard for you?

And regards to twigley being a bad leader what a load of bullshit.
I got offered a place in GC quite a bit of time before Asphyxia's disbandment, I declined it for one reason and one reason only, because of the amount of effort twigley had put into this round. Now alot of you know me and know my attitude towards most people in this game. There is very very few people I actually hold a bit of respect for in this game and Twigley is one of those lucky few. All of you commenting on his leadership skills don't know ****, I mean alci what have you ever provided to this game apart from bullshit on the forums? You are like a more miserable version of garrett.

Alci the world isn't out to get you so stop hating it so much, yes I understand you are canadian and hatred being in your blood but loosen up a bit maybe if you put the same effort into the game as your do posting on the forums you might make a half decent player, but until then your just another n00b with a phone.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer

Interlude in round 25.

50% then :p

From what I saw in history he's lead 4 times winning twice, finishing second once and a third place which in my opinion isn't a bad record

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
There were guys in there that were still keen on the round, not many, but jesus, thats harsh :/

Well tbh, we talk of things that are killing the community... There's a prime example of one person's actions that affect multiple player's will to continue playing? Or at least to play alongside Twigley again.

CrimsonFury88

Harvester
Try looking into every leadership decision i have made, why i left one of my alliances previously before after not sleeping more than 3 hours in 14 days and having to go hospital and gave ally to my >co-leader< Lukey and then quit for a while.

Was the sleep thing down to illness? Or down to playing Bushtarion too much?

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Interlude in round 25.

TBA also classes as a win...
I'm sorry toby but why not matter what thread I read and see you posting do I see such a bitter reply? You never ever have anything good to say, is the world really that hard for you?

Interesting. I'm not bitter about any of this. In fact I told Twigley in private that I didn't like the way our alliance were appearing in forum threads this round. The post you have so lovingly responded to was just pointing out that he hasn't won 60% of the rounds he has led. TBA doesn't count because his alliance finished 3rd.

I don't believe I commented on Twigley's playing ability or leadership skills. I think you read more into my post than was intended.

And I'd quite like you to point out any "bitter" posts I've made recently. For the most part I've kept any emotion out of my posts. Maybe you're confusing logical argument with bitterness? I don't know.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
You all are getting way off topic. We're bashing Twigley because of his current actions this round, nothing to do with his past leadership skills.

Get back to it folks.

:)

marvin

Tree Surgeon
On a more important note Changer/Amanala, make sure Marvinder gets this very important note:

Lee says:
Green sweets are like ginger people
Lee says:
No one ever likes the green ones
Lee says:
But they are always there

You too DA. MAKE SURE HE GETS IT.

FU. Green sweets rule.

Also, see my previous post in that other thread.

****ing cancer.

Bahnsen

Planter

man you make me sick, get a ****ing alliance together and prove him wrong, show him how a "good leader" should be, til than STFU.

PS:= i just finished reading all of this, and i agree that twigs is a good player, i also agree he made some bad decisions, but really all of you get over yourselves, its a war game, look out for number 1 should be your main priority.

You abandon on alliance mates too so this is expected support. As a fellow Aussie I say FOR SHAME! FOOOOR SHAMMMEEE!

Cheese: TBA DOESNT COUNT! :roll:

What Alci says is 100% correct. Winning doesn't make you a good leader. Good leadership is toughening it out through the good and bad, not saying...you guys are hopeless, none of you seem to want to play, I am disbanding this alliance and joining the top!

A good leader needs to have the trust of his peers. Twigley, you have none.

Status
Not open for further replies.