• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Cyborg Gardener NERF

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
[close] 5,932,351 allied Political Mastermind attacked, distracting 4,871,727 hostile staff.
[close] 23,799,106 allied Protestor Guru attacked, distracting 14,071,117 hostile staff.
That its ridiculous.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
well, I agree that they need a slight price increase, but posting PoM/guru ratios isn't the way to prove anything. It's like posting ninja ratios on striker. There are a lot of units that can do well enough against CG and the fact that PoMs aren't one of those units doesn't prove much.

Again, I agree that they need a slight nerf in their price, 6k sounds fair enough to me. I also agree with Iamsmart that they come out too early, but switching places with shields won't do it. Maybe just make their development more expensive and longer

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
well, I agree that they need a slight price increase, but posting PoM/guru ratios isn't the way to prove anything. It's like posting ninja ratios on striker. There are a lot of units that can do well enough against CG and the fact that PoMs aren't one of those units doesn't prove much.

Again, I agree that they need a slight nerf in their price, 6k sounds fair enough to me. I also agree with Iamsmart that they come out too early, but switching places with shields won't do it. Maybe just make their development more expensive and longer

Posting for Iamsmart, as he said every route has a counter to them.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Agreeing with someone doesn't mean I'm not expressing my own opinion

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Sorry, I guess I misunderstood

PS: I think the unit in the PoM branch that's supposed to do well against CG is the hippy van

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Cheese, just because 1 route doesn't have a direct counter to it? PoM is obviously a special case, since it doesn't kill. Therefore it can only stop as much as it can stop in one tick. And there is no repercussion for repeatedly doing it. Not every route can stop every unit - Especially true when you're solo.

I remember the same argument being used about tractors for two years and the entire community biting the head off of anybody who tried to use it.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
well, to be fair, Hypnotists seem like a great unit for stopping CG

Davs

Garden Designer
tbh this suggestion isn't really about whether or not most routes can counter CGs at all - it's about the fact that they seem to be a little too good. So a small increase in their cost would reduce this problem without making the unit useless.

I'm in support of this, so long as the increase in price isn't too big (no more than £5k per unit)

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
But in order to prove that they seem a little to good you have to provide this thing called evidence. It's usually pretty cool.

Oh, and a nerd to 6k wouldn't be slight. That's making the unit like more than 30% more expensive. Pretty devastating :p

MacMikey

Harvester
Pff people are giving up eith pa's or nano's to get this cg's. Its the price they pay. They are just fine the way they are!

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Sorry, I guess I misunderstood

PS: I think the unit in the PoM branch that's supposed to do well against CG is the hippy van

Nah hippyvans don't even get good ratios on cg, and if you bought enough hippyvans then you'd leave yourself open to just simple flak attacks.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Every route can't stop everything. Its a known fact that PoM stops health units, not armored ones.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
You both make good points.

Personally I believe CGs are a *tad* overpowered for their price, and I don't think increasing the cost will ruin the unit.

Maybe increase it to between 5 and 6k per unit.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
4.8k max if people REALLY think they're overpowered. 6k is nerfing the unit by 43%. And seeing how long this unit has been around, and how few complains there have been (although it is a relatively unpopular route) I don't think a 43% nerf is called for.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
The development should be changed too, maybe add another 1,5b to the base cost and 7 more ticks

Ezekiel

Harvester
No range units till CWs.

You NEED to be getting that much land just to tech at a decent rate. Without CGs the route would be a chor to play.

But yeah they are a bit overpowered. I'd say cost increase to like 5k no more no less.

MacMikey

Harvester
FFS what a bullshit. Next week we get a robo player ranting in here saying rpg's are too powerfull. There is nothing wrong with the cg branch. :/

TehPantz

Head Gardener
I agree with Mac. There are units for several routes that are powerful when first developed. CG's are just the temporary advantage unit for the shield route. Having played against CG's and as CG's, I think they are fine the way they are.

Changer

Head Gardener
Agree with Mac, shouldnt be changed because a large solo happened to be landed on by a CG.