Round 30 Awards!!!

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Best Leader - JJ and Changer for keeping it together even with a 3rd partner was being uncooperative. You accomplished your missions however much we whined about it. good job.

Changer didn't lead?
And he wasn't even in TBA when we where having disagreements?

._ .

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Now im actually going to try my best to be unbiased. If i vote for someone in my alliance, i will also vote for someone outside the alliance in the act of fairness - Which should soooo be a rule on here!!

Alliance of the round:
Inimical - Rank 1 arn't they?
WH - Just impressive

Best Offensive Alliance:
None

Best Defensive Alliance:
War?Huh?
Chance had their moments, but WH easily the better

Honourable Mention Alliance:
Affliction, don't know much about them but did ok.

Worst Alliance:
Ethereal/Royal Flush
TDL/TDT
Inimical/SG/Overlude

Try and guess what they all had in common. Don't flame on here with the argument "TBA did it, so we did it". You did wings/powerblocked. You all suck

Best Leader:
No one, although Polo rocked with his "No seed whoring" etc.

Worst Leader:
Twigley - Your initial idea for TBA - MASSIVE bender!
Myself - As my alliance will know, parts of the round i was non existent. I didn't care and just gave up. (In fairness was only for bits here and there) But not a good leader

Player of the Round - Allied:
Beej - New player...i think. Active/contactable. First round with Dragons and PWNED!
Ahead - Bloody hell, this boy rocked with vamps! And his zombies at the start of round were amazing!!! haha

Now someone out of my alliance:
Silence (he did leave me technically) - The guy is like rank 2 eff and BH. Active and pwned in defence/rushes. Congrats buddy

Player of the Round - Solo:
There were solos?

Best Offensive Player:
Not Wouter thats for sure! Ermmm prob Silence again...Oh and Cervantes!!

Best Defensive Player:
Zigzag as per usual! This guy is sooooo under rated! Always online and around.
Howl also pwned!

And all of WH pwned lol

Honourable Mention Player:
Howl, at first i didn't like her. She never stole land, was constantly on her period and moaning! But 2nd half of round, she was soooooo active, so contactable and god she attacked well!

She had 30k for a week at rank 80 and didnt get inc...strange lol

Worst Player:
JubJub - Arrogant ****. Can't wait for our public ID game next round :D (Will be RPG NubNub, just to help you *try* and kill me)
Wouter - Left Ogluk to gain portal. Ogluk is a great guy and you just wanted to be a ScoreQueen - **** at attacking and errr...What happened to "I'm gonna take Chance out". I think you have stayed on us like 3 times...smashed us alright!
Twigs - Purely on his land...lazy!

Best Moment of Round:
Easy...The end.
Altho as much as we all moaned, killing TBA naabs in defence was FUN!!

Forgot one thing. The funniest/best part of the whole round is those in SG/Overlude who think they have won the round. Wrong, Inimical won it. Everyone after that is the first and second losers! haha Always cheers me up when i see "We won"...Well techincally you didnt!

Worst Moment of Round:
Easy...TBA

Just for Silence:
22:06 Silence thanks =P
22:07 Silence Did you like my post in the round 30 awards?
22:18 Tom` the DA award is so true
22:20 IceOfire i did silence
22:20 IceOfire silence i just posted mine
22:21 IceOfire I think i've been fair
22:21 Silence DA award ftw
22:22 Silence IceOfire
22:22 Silence You should really put that I RPG bounty hunted =P
22:23 IceOfire naaa
22:23 IceOfire dont like u that much
22:23 Silence rofl
22:23 IceOfire sorry
22:23 IceOfire but thats going in funny quotes

Last edited:

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
Best Leader - JJ and Changer for keeping it together even with a 3rd partner was being uncooperative. You accomplished your missions however much we whined about it. good job.

Changer didn't lead?

._ .

after rereading my logs I can see that it's not clear who the 4th person is that's scolding you for pouting and not talking. It might not have been changer, my bad

lavadog

Head Gardener
Alliance of the round - Have to go with inimical and WH here. If TDL had put in the same effort all round, they'd probably take this, cuz they had quite an impressive run over the last few weeks.

Best Offensive Alliance - anyone for rushing tba really, gutsy, but always fun to watch :D

Best Defensive Alliance - WH , no question

Honourable Mention Alliance - Affliction :D Might seem weird coming from someone in Men At Work, but I gotta say, the healthy rivalry was well worth the losses :) Also good work on resisting a lot of the bottomfeeding from tba and the subtop alli's.

Worst Alliance - any alli that encourages score queening or cheats his way to the "top" (Hi Evo :w).

Best Leader - this is an akward award imo, since you can only really judge your own leader a lot of the times. If I had to say anyone, I'd have to say twigs for taking a lot of crap and ogluk (you're leading right? if not, then this should be whoever led TDl :p) for making TDL bounce back.

Worst Leader - I pass on this one

Player of the Round - Allied - I'm gonna give this to liz/lylow from my own alli. Was probably on for 12 hours every damn day :p Her vamps saved our sleeping asses a lot of times :D also everyone at men at work for making this another great round :) I really wished I could be there next round, but exams are a pain in the ass :p

Player of the Round - Solo - Ransacker, he probably killed more players in one round then most players in their whole bush career ;D

Best Offensive Player - Silence/bigboss, for wiping me several times. I was always happy when my marines flakked some of my apaches/strikers, so I could at least make a dent front tick when these guys attacked me :D Irritated me lots, always a good sign for an attacker ;)

Best Defensive Player - Liz/lylow for the same reason as player of the round.

Honourable Mention Player - tampon/grant. Restarting in the middle of the round, and almost reaching top ten in bounty hunting and serial killer. Impressive.

Worst Player - DaX. This one is not based on ingame skill, but more so on being annoying as hell. Nobody cares about your flaming messages and the though talk they contain. Play the game like a man instead of bugging people "who dare to attack you" or "who dare to defend against your 1337 shield army and tactical genius". I don't think you're a bad player, you just have a crap attitude.

Best Moments of Round
- Killing off NG
- The 1 mill plus eff BR's
- Killing score queens
- Seeing people hit sleep when they're alli is being massed :D Shouldv'e gone solo :p
- Defending against Affliction, good battles guys :)
-Playign in a great alli

Worst moments of the round
- Being in the starting SG line-up and getting booted for missing the opening weekend :p (<3)
- Losing 5 mil strikers (I had 6 I think at the the time) to sas because I set my alarm to the wrong tick :/
- The weeks we were massed by NG (mostly) and Affliction (occasionally)
- Experiencing what happens to lower top ten allis when there's a powerblock. You're actions did really have an impact on most of the playerbase, however much some of you deny it. However, I won't whine here, I'm not really a sore loser (well, not playing ftw helps there :p)

marvin

Tree Surgeon

Changer didn't lead?

._ .

after rereading my logs I can see that it's not clear who the 4th person is that's scolding you for pouting and not talking. It might not have been changer, my bad

Seetal was '2nd in command' but Changer did do alot and helped keep it together early on when JJ wasn't around... which was most of the time :p

Spiky Spoon

Head Gardener
Player of the Round - Allied - I'm gonna give this to liz/lylow from my own alli. Was probably on for 12 hours every damn day :p Her vamps saved our sleeping asses a lot of times :D also everyone at men at work for making this another great round :) I really wished I could be there next round, but exams are a pain in the ass :p

Best Defensive Player - Liz/lylow for the same reason as player of the round.

I can't say how much i agree with you there. she was such a pain on my attacks. lol =P

Scorpio

Head Gardener
I must say that I missed a month in the round and wasn't involved in most of the in-game politics etc

Alliance of the round: I'm just going to say Inim cos they won...

Best Offensive Alliance: This was one of the most inactive rounds I've ever seen. Every alliance played with ups & downs and on the subject of attacking no alliance really stood out..

Best Defensive Alliance: War?Huh? In the given situation of the power block vs WH, they defended very well before I joined them, and still are doing a nice job in the last days / weeks ;)

Honourable Mention Alliance: WH for the same reasons above

Worst Alliance: Evo

Best Leader: There have been much better examples of leadership in the past, so no award given here.

Worst Leader: Twigley & Steve_God (or whoever is leading SG :p ). In a game where there are no official alliance NAPs, they still manage to finish #2 and #3. You guys didn't win this round, end of story :p

Player of the Round - Allied: Hmmm. Hard one... I'd say Alci for being sexy (Nah, it's been a long time since I played with him and playing alongside him this round made me realise he really became a much better player than before.

Player of the Round - Solo: Ransacker, nice killing there...

Best Offensive Player: Purely because of the bribing: Silence
Despite our differences we had a bit earlier this round, I'm still impressed... You did some good bribez0rs there, in a relatively short period. Nice :)

Best Defensive Player: Pff No idea... Most WH-members ruled :p

Honourable Mention Player: No clue

Worst Player: Every RPG who had to get owned 1000 times before they realized their activity / ratio's sucked :p

Best Moment of Round: When TBA wasn't so big and most were easily pwn-able :p

Worst Moment of Round: When we all get 0'd in WH, but 't was a kind of funny moment as well :p

Tombi

Harvester
new award:

Best Alliance Banner

aa_1_19_83edd11f9745853505af1e9fade2aae7.jpg

Without a doubt :p

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Sigh. I always hate reading this thread, yet I always feel obliged to post in it. I've only played the last couple of weeks, and fairly inactively at that, so I'll just comment on what I've witnessed since starting.

Best alliance: Inimical. They won. They may have powerblocked, seedwhored, etc. but they will go down as the winners of this round. How they did it doesn't really matter.

Worst alliances: SG and Overlude for not even fighting for rank 1. I know you're part of TBA and you all see yourselves as winners, but the fact is that you are 2nd and 3rd, not 1st. So when you're all patting each other on the back over what an awesome job you've done, hopefully you'll realise that all you did was give Inimical a free win. Also Ka-Tet for sending really annoying messages ingame. Silly nuubjes.

Best defensive alliance: Apparently it is WH. I've got no first hand experience on this so I'll just take everyone's word for it. Most of the alliances I've attacked since starting have been pretty awful.

Best attacking alliance: No idea. Seems that most alliances can't be bothered attacking this round.

Honourable mention alliance: EventHorizon. Thanks to MattM for taking me in when I had no techs, no land, no troops. It's been really fun playing with you guys and I'm glad I didn't go to WH. Would've been too much hard work :p

Best player: Fer for sheer comedy value. Suiciding your troops on SAS with 4 days to go was hilarious. Also MattM for exactly the same reason.

Worst player: That guy that hits me the second I come out of sleep mode the same time every day and gets defended against every time and recalls, yet continues to do the same thing. WHY?

Best moments of the round: Crushing my enemies, seeing them driven before me, and hearing the lamentation of their women. And MattM suiciding on SAS. And general EH shenanigans. Fun times were had by all.

Worst moment of the round: When I realised I had started logging in regularly and doing techs and ****. That was my darkest hour.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Best and Most Appropriate usage of a Conan the Barbarian Quote used in this thread: Tobapopalos

Conan was once asked what is best in life:
Crushing my enemies, seeing them driven before me, and hearing the lamentation of their women.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
Edit to my post:

Allied Player of the Round - Enrico

One of the only people in Discworld to keep trying all round.

Love ya.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Alliance of the round
TDL - Stayed pretty high all through the round, jumped up surprisingly high at times (held rank 4 for a while in the last couple of weeks iirc?) and haven't *****ed or moaned as much as half the other players out there.

Best Offensive Alliance
I know it sucks to say your own alliance but i havnt really seen much of other allies.
SG - I know we had it easier than others for most of the round, but our guys really pulled their finger out and attacked hard and well for weeks to get so much land. We were 50k acres behind lude and a fair amount of score not to long ago and through their efforts we overtook them. Well done guys.

Honourable mention also goes to the main Resistance force (im assuming WH/Chance) early on, I believe Cyrus organised the first couple of waves with Martin helping out as well. They were some very well co-ordinated attacks that really left us on the ropes for a bit. Well played!

Best Defensive Alliance
WH - Was basically impossible to land/even stay on them unless you had a good 7+ people attacking for a large proportion of the round. And they kicked our asses on a fair few defences anyway. Kept it up pretty much all round as well which was an achievement.

Honourable Mention Alliance
TDL again. For the reasons mentioned above.

Worst Alliance
Evolution - For cheating in what ever way they did.
Half of WH - For moaning ALL round at that whole "School of Bush" which was just low...

Best Leader
Ogluk - For not taking the game to seriously, and keeping spirits high all round. This guys a legend!

Worst Leader
Dont really have one. Steve_God was pretty useless (;)) all round, he managed to be an SA player who was successfully SA rushed for over a week cos he was to lazy to buy the Punit. lol. If it wasnt for me and DA we'd have fallen apart.

Player of the Round - Allied
LAFiN - Our solid night cover for most of the round, always up for a laugh...doesnt take things to seriously...and always willing to get my up in the night ;)

Player of the Round - Solo
Couldnt say tbh, havnt been paying to much attention

Best Offensive Player
Joosep - He joined SG with 8k acres (iirc) late in the round and stole up to 20k in just over a day. Then kept going til he had more land than half the alliance. Shame he disapeared ;)

As much as it pains me to say (as he may find it hard to fit through doors ;)) Silence - He's just damn good at attacking, Im still jelous of the last SG round where you land whored your way to beating me by 2 ranks!!! hehe!

Best Defensive Player
Most of WH tbh.

Honourable Mention Player
Wouter - Stolen alot of land very quickly, and done really well considering he started so late. Always up for a laugh as well!

Worst Player
Pass...its not a nice one anyway...

Best Moment of Round
Being with the best group of players ive had the pleasure of playing with.

Kinda bad but hilarious: Refreshing to find JJB had stupidly left an application into Chance, been accepted then kick raped and had insane amounts of inc. Hats off to whoever in chance was behind that.
And then when we did it to one of Chances guys later in the round! Revenge is sweet! ;)

Worst Moment of Round
Twigleys 6 hr shower halfway through an important discussion between the leaders...Was hilarious and bad at the same time!!! lol

All the moaning thats been going on all round...Its a game people!!!

Note: We love Steve really! ;)

flameharvester

Head Gardener
My round 30 awards

My round 30 awards

Alliance of the round:
This award is Inimicals, lets face it powerblock or no powerblock they won but they get share it with W!H? and chance as they both did well to maintain their high positions and to survive massive incoming.

Offensive alliance: None I saw TDL do well and warhuh had some good masses on us.

Defensive alliance: Have to be Warhuh and affliction (yes i know its cliched to nominate yourself), due to the fact that warhuh often survived waves from TBA and we were able to do the same with warhuh (see below).

Honourable mention alliance: would have to be TDL, they had many troubles throughout the round but they still fought us for that 6th place spot all round! :D

Best leader: Polo and IOF. the day we organised the resistance together i saw them do brilliantly.

Worst leader: This has to go to Blackwolf, This man drove people out of his alliance by annoying them. all round affliction kept them up in the ranks we gave them support and helped them get land yet he constantly destroyed his own alliance.

Best player:
Allied:
Defensive: Would have to have been cutter, not for any great feat or sheer skill but due to him being uncontactable yet always getting on at the last second to send away :D he rarely died despite been one of our tastier targets.

Offensive: Tana for some brilliant use of here Vampires, 5-6 of warhuh were hitting us and we stopped them all but she managed to get through to convert on a guy first tick (then stupidly stayed for mid tick and died!) :D.

Solo:
Defensive: Didnt see any solos doing particularly well this round.
Offensive: Again some people did well as solos but nothing worthy of an award was seen by me.

Player of the round: Im gonna give this one to bruce and spike for reasons that they know but ill keep personal here.

Best moment of the round:
There was a few most of which consist of logs:
<1>(During resistance.)
<flamey> mmm my guys only sent half our lets
<polo> *******
<flamey> well we still have inc from chance maw and tdl and we needed to keep men home besides you would call cease fire during the fighting so BAH!
(*note that is not the actual log as i foolishly lost it but it should be basically right :D)

<2>
mail we recieved from SG and along lines similar to others we recieved throughout the round and also on irc.
Private Sent by: XXX XXX Reply Forward
Subject:
Damn thought you guys were War huh for a second there with mass defence like that :p nice work.

<3>
fighting 3 of warhuhs biggest 2 days before round ends:

Stunned: 3,122,279 [£162,559,785,500] enemies stunned. 8,420,509 [£426,687,597,500] friendlies stunned.
Died: 224,860,737 [£2,670,703,683,000] enemies dead. 449,425,553 [£7,811,719,776,600] friendlies dead.
Bribed: 10,969,183 [£324,973,817,500] friendlies bribed.
Converted: 11,481,432 [£183,702,912,000] friendlies converted.

You gained 753,677 effectiveness.
You will soon be receiving £414,628,927,300 insurance.

We had fun and thats all that really matters plus they were great guys about the whole experience.

<4>
waking up to see 18 people from a bigger alliance sending at us and with the clever use of fakes and getting everyone online we didnt lose a single acre or man :p the 2 fights they stayed at they all died before they fired

Younge

Planter
Alliance of the round
Chance - They made this round fun. Deserves best alliance in my opinion.

Worst Alliance
Discworld... Sorry guys... But I've never really seen a lineup like you had do so poorly.. i really wanted it to work.

Howl - My god. Have i ever seen someone get that much land and loose it just to regain it again over night. Really was amazing to log on after a few hours sleep to see her with that much land again!

Best Offensive Player
Howl - Same as above.

Best Defensive Player
N/A

Honourable Mention Player
Cyrus - When i phoned him to get him online he had a talked with me for about 20+ minutes having a laugh and a giggle and just making it fun to get someone online. When he was playing he was active and contactable a pleasure to play with.

Worst Player
N/A

Best Moment of Round
IRC :D
[06:20] <@Don> anyone who complains... at ALL ... about taking lossses... no matter what the circumstances are... can .. well.. blow me. tbh.
[06:20] <Younge> *strokes Dons head*
[06:20] <Younge> No wonder you and ice of fire are so dam close! he gets to blow you all the time!
[06:20] <@hero> LOL
[06:20] <@Don> and i'll back that up 100% .... go back 20 rounds and fine me one instance I have ever complained about being killed or landraped the night before... shrug
[06:21] <Younge> Which bit you backing up? the bit about him blowing you or :p

Worst Moment of Round
Being pranked to late and still coming on to find out you see a lot of red and zeros :D

Last edited:

Beej

Digger
Alliance of the round
Chance - wish I'd been there from the start. Great bunch of people, all talkative, friendly. For always being up for a laugh and for never take things too seriously. Thanks for a great re-introductory round.

Best Offensive Alliance
TBA have most acres so.....

Honourable mention
Signer - for doing everything for me, and great for advising/changing/deleting my ideas.
Ahead – AWESOME
Tom` - came to us late, never met him before and was very impressed
FFX - somehow found myself talking to this guy way too much for our different time zones, good laugh.

Best Defensive Alliance
Thought we did ok, but WH for their general maintenance of rank

Honourable Mention Alliance
TDL - decent fight with us towards the end; Godsend especially

Best Leader
IceofFire - for taking Signer back with added Beej

Worst Leader
IceofFire - he's said why

Silence - had our differences but bounty hunting/mass pwnage was incredible at times

Player of the Round - Solo
Longcelot :)

Best Offensive Player
Howl - awesome acres, still no idea how she did it
Signer - robo/striker destroyer

Best Defensive Player
ZigZag, always first to send no matter what the inc.

Worst Player
Would love to say Wouter, but I can't help but like the guy

Best Moment of Round
Signer's promise of endless joint attacks.....

Worst Moment of Round
My biggest loss of the round just before a night out, then coming home to find I'd been even more killed.

Best IRC

[06:20] <@Don> anyone who complains... at ALL ... about taking lossses... no matter what the circumstances are... can .. well.. blow me. tbh.
[06:20] <Younge> *strokes Dons head*
[06:20] <Younge> No wonder you and ice of fire are so dam close! he gets to blow you all the time!
[06:20] <@hero> LOL
[06:20] <@Don> and i'll back that up 100% .... go back 20 rounds and fine me one instance I have ever complained about being killed or landraped the night before... shrug
[06:21] <Younge> Which bit you backing up? the bit about him blowing you or :p

Found that way too funny..

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Alliance of the round: Inimical, for winning obviously. Seems like they were also the strongest part of the triumvirate, so they deserve the win.

Worst alliance: I have to say I saw a fair bit of bashing by SG early in the round, when we were about 10 ranks under them in ally ranks. That was a bit uncool. Also the member swapping which they used to save their collective arses. Even less cool.

Player of the round: Toby. Started off late, wasn't *extremely* active, but when he was online, he was everywhere, attacking, defending, doing damage to little nubjes. And also ofcourse generally a cool guy to have around in your channel. Also never complaining if he got killed overnight.

Defensive player of the round: RichardM. Active, always willing to put the ally before him, never complained about losing land/troops. Possibly the only player in EH who remained active throughout the round.

Worst moment of the round: Losing a race to 10k acres to AndyM. :(

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
best moment:
coming online today,
seeing AndyM is suddenly on 20k acres,
saying "wtf AndyM has 20k acres" to toby,
spying him,
seeing that he took 5k of someone 515% of me,
checking the guy 515% of me,
seeing that he has 60m rangers,
hearing from toby that he's in SexehGrannies,
rolling over teh floor laughing.

I, for one, take my hat off for Sir AndyM, taking 5k acres on his own from the rank 2 alliance. Even if it was just a blind spot in SG activity etc etc...
Mandy for president!

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
best moment:
coming online today,
seeing AndyM is suddenly on 20k acres,
saying "wtf AndyM has 20k acres" to toby,
spying him,
seeing that he took 5k of someone 515% of me,
checking the guy 515% of me,
seeing that he has 60m rangers,
hearing from toby that he's in SexehGrannies,
rolling over teh floor laughing.

I, for one, take my hat off for Sir AndyM, taking 5k acres on his own from the rank 2 alliance. Even if it was just a blind spot in SG activity etc etc...
Mandy for president!

Agreed! I had no idea last night that when Mandy came online utterly pissed and decided to suicide on TBA that he would end up landing 5.7k acres off Tombi with 0 defence.

Screw president; Mandy for Grand Supreme Ruler of The Infinite Cosmos

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Oh, you should have seen CB when he landed on Twigley - biker player sends at a huge PoM. Huge pom gets pranked, wakes up and without checking sends his NLD staff away. CB lands on the leader of TBA without any defence.

Or Pinky (Cheese) landing on Zakkgard. A solo attacking a member of TBA who had nothing else than flak. He tried like 100 times but in the end he maned to deliver a devastating blow on the pride of the n00block.

But who cares for the land, they are playing for "fun" after all :roll: