'Xbox One'

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22613948

Who else is disappointed? Especially if anyone watched the live release like me. BIGGEST waste of my time.

They didnt express on the price of the console. The new COD is practically MW3 but with better graphics, and not much different design to the 360.

Deeply disappointed with Microsoft.

June 10 = Sony reveals the PS4. Pending on this, depends if I get the PS4 other than the Xbox One.

Share your thoughts on this.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
A different looking xbox, not the same design but SLIGHTLY different, considering the leap from the xbox to the 360.

In relation to gaming, a WTFout of this world looking game. Not, oh, MW3 but better looking people/dogs.

Steve_God

Official Helper
I was late to the gate getting an xBox 360, and tbh, I'm in no rush to get either the xBox One, or the PS4. If I ended up getting a TV with a 4K display, then maybe... but I feel that may be some time off.

Franny

Head Gardener
A different looking xbox, not the same design but SLIGHTLY different, considering the leap from the xbox to the 360.

In relation to gaming, a WTFout of this world looking game. Not, oh, MW3 but better looking people/dogs.

The leap in tech for the consoles was massive, You had bigger HD's More downloadable content, An actualy xbox marketplace, HDMI, Component, HD/Bluray.

Not many ways to improve so much for this new gen.

Also prices etc always come out around E3 time.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I don't really know what the problem is, apart from the terrible name.

There are always people who think the "next gen" should have virtual reality goggles and total immersion sexual fantasy games and integrated beer-cooling storage facilities, but seriously, it is just a games console. It seems to be a pretty decent improvement on the 360, and it looks kinda swish to me, so I don't really know what the problem is.

Having said that I'm still going to wait and see what Sony come up with. Microsoft can be money-robbing *******s when it comes to the "accessories" like online gaming.

Franny

Head Gardener
Microsoft have got in to bed with EA! That says a lot to me.

Franny

Head Gardener
What you won't be able to take with you is any Xbox Live Arcade purchases, as the Xbox One will not be in any way backwards compatible. However, entertainment content that you've purchased, such as movies, will carry over.

This is bs.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Franny has it bang on. You have no idea how in-cahoots EVERY major games console/game company are when it comes to dealing with sharing/p2p. You're going to see a lot of changes, and a lot of ones none of you will like - Starting with the 'new gen' consoles. It's going to get a lot worse on the console front from now on.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
It sounds to me that you're complaining about a computer game rather than a console, Tiger.

Im complaining about both.

All to what Franny/toby/DaX said, I don't want a massively fancy xbox, but a better one than the design of the 360 could be slightly better. Microsoft isn't exactly small. But I guess the design isn't everything.

With the game, I was more disappointed in. I waited for CoD, expecting amazing things, then I was left down-heartened. Think I'll stick with my 360 and MW3/BO2 till the Xbox one goes down in price, along with the games.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Expect nothing from CoD and you won't be disappointed.

+1

But Steve, regarding Steam: Do not see it as the friendly face it makes itself up to be. Steam are the game peddler's face of change - They want to take your CD's, your manuals, and your ability to lend a game to a mate for a weekend if they aren't sure whether to buy it or not. They want to take away second hand games. They want to take everything from games that made them popular (and actually good) in the first place, in order to suck more money from it.

Pete

Pruner
Tbh i liked the look of it.
People complain that its not rounded, square is more practical to put it on something/something ontop. Just because something is curved doesnt make it better.

Max

Garden Designer
I don't understand it's purpose tbh, I can't see what function it performs that other systems don't already provide.

It's a games system. Designed for gaming. You play games on it with a controller that you can't play on a tablet or smartphone. It should focus purely on that goal, not tv etc. Or am I missing something here?

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
I think that console makers have realised that unless they have something new and innovative to the gamer, they are going to die in a PC-friendly climate.

As much as Dax is right with the main goal of Steam/Origin etc. is to make Valve/EA etc. money, there's no denying that it has made games more accessible and cheaper for the consumer (certainly cheaper than equivalent console versions) and makes them cheaper and easier to distribute for the developer. Moreover, it also makes, in most situations, it easier to play multiplayer games.

I think that's why Sony and Microsoft feel the need to make their systems do so much more. But you're right, they don't need to add things like playing films or accessing the internet a priority you buy a PC or a TV for that. They should really exploit things like Kinect. I guess that's what Nintendo went for with the new Wii- though that has not been very successful. Nor has their 3D innovations in the DS either. Tough times.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I don't think consoles would die out. I for one hate PC gaming, and I know I'm not alone in that. A lot of people have to use computers but don't like them. For these people, consoles will always be preferable.

All they're doing is making it versatile. All computing platforms these days need to do more than just one thing. Smartphones are cameras, browsers, MP3 players, Gameboys, etc. Tablets are just smartphones with bigger screens imo.

The trouble is that if you have an Xbox you still 'need' all that other stuff as well.